Should I trade my GA's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

techfire

Acrobat
I received a kind offer to trade my GA's for good lowers, I'd like my girlfriend to be comfortable and not get stepped on, plus she's short. But I'm pumped for the floor, especially with the lottery thing, but what's the view like if you're in the back? Anyone have some experience from this tour, or from last tour? Would I be better off with good lowers?

I'd stick with the GA's, because no matter where you are, you might get stuck behind someone taller...

I traded my opening night GA for a really good lower seat and I don't regret it for a second. But I also know a lot of people who did GA and had a blast.

So I guess I'm not much help! :wink:

I'd take the seats. You can't really see the stage that great from GA, esp for the short girlfriend.

I wanted GA's for taping, but for "viewing" I'll stick with great seats. I did get in the heart last tour, and was # 30 for one show and that was great. But that might be rare this time around.

What to do? I have to make up my mind soon, another thing I have on my mind is trust, I know my tickets are real, I get paranoid with these things. I'm leaning towards trading, but I do not want to know if my ticket's were picked for the inner circle. THAT WOULD SUCK!

After hearing all these horror stories I might trade for seats :crack:

Take the trade.

Unless you are in the elipse or within a few feet of the outside of the elipse in the middle, anyone who is short won't get a good view.

For those looking for more detail on GA from different angles....

Front of the main stage inside the elipse: Like no other experience to be that close to all band members...feels like a private club show.

Disadvantage: You can't see the catwalk action, screens or virtually any production details. Crowded and pushy, can't leave your spot from the time you arrive. Must wait in the GA line for an extended period AND win the lottery.

Middle of the elipse: Still close but you can see everything, check out different angles and have room to breathe, dance and come and go for drinks and bio-breaks.

Disadvantage: You have to win the lottery.

Tip of the elipse inside: Still a great view of the main stage and chance to be close to catwalk action.

Disadvantage: Band's attention tends to focus to the outside of the elipse from the catwalk, not inside. Again, gotta have a lucky ticket.

Front of the elipse outside: If you are within a couple of rows of people, chances are you will still get a good view of the main stage and the up close and personal experience of the catwalk action.

Disadvantage: Any further back than a couple of rows of people and you will mostly watch the screens, especially if you are short. Extremely crowded and pushy. Must wait in the GA line for an extended period and can't leave your spot once in the arena.

Am I missing anything?

Last edited:
Hmm -- you have lots of options.

If you are paranoid about the tix and a trade, stay with them.

Have your girlfriend get some of those 3 or 4 inch flats for $10 at a Famous Footwear -- she can wear normal shoes into the show, then wear the Gene Simmons shoes for two hours then sell 'em on eBay. Might even make a buck if she dances with Bono in them.

Different girlfriend?

Just kidding, but the shoe option might work, and you have valid reasons to fear a trade, Ive been burned.

Good luck, and forgive my punchiness.

If it's just the two of you I would go for the seats. Both nights in San Diego my group got all split up because of the lottery, and even though I was only three deep around the outside there were plenty of people around me who couldn't see anything. I'm lucky enough that I'm a taller person, but if you're girlfriend is pretty short and you don't get inside asap she won't be able to see, unless of course you get into the elipse, which would be an unforgettable experience. So really, it's if you want to play the odds or not. Ugh, there's always that chance huh :wink:

how have people opinions changed, everyone during elevation were saying you would get a good view pretty much anywhere on the floor, and now people are saying you wont get a good view?

All excellent points of view, and I'm leaning towards the seats. My only fear now is trust, especially with all the fake seats going around. I believe these are fan club seats and are not the ticket-fast type, so maybe they're real. I've just heard too many "I've been burned" stories in the past, it worries me.

good thing for us here in europe is stadium stages are ALOT bigger than those in arenas, height wise anyway, so as long as your not too far back you can see pretty well

I;ve got GAs for three shows in the Fall and am thinking about looking into trading them for seats possibly because I don;t want to deal with camping out all day like I did last tour. I still haven't decided though if that is the best idea and if it will be easy to do since it would have to be done in person. I guess I;m lucky that I have a few months to think about it.

u2gator

If you can get to more than one show, I'd take a mix of the two. Otherwise, if its just one, I would take the lower seats. I'd go for the whole overall visual presentation. You can hear the show from anywhere, but you can't see the show (ramp lights, screens, led chains, etc...) from everywhere. Where as, if you are only going once and its on the floor, you can only process so much of the show at once being so close to it and having to deal with people moving and standing in front of you.

OK, well I agreed to trade my GA's for seats, hopefully they'll be the real deal. I don't see why not, but I'll be smashing some heads if they turn out to be fake. I think I'll get the car plates of the person when I meet them....just in case.

Just go with your gut feeling. I did my trade at the box office the morning of the show, basically by having my friend yell out that I wanted to do a trade. I was literaly swarmed within seconds. I summed them all up and decided that the really pushy guy was probably a scalper but the sincere looking girl with a likely sounding story of why she needed to trade was safe. I was a little leary because her's was Ticketfast but I didn't get a bad vibe at all. I held my breath when they scanned it at the door but it was legit and I ejoyed the show from a great seat.

If something feels fishy, you can always back out of the trade :shrug:

That's very true, I posted my trade add in a U2 fan site, so I'm hoping that a true fan will give me a real ticket. So did you get a good seat for the show?

KUEFC09U2 said:
how have people opinions changed, everyone during elevation were saying you would get a good view pretty much anywhere on the floor, and now people are saying you wont get a good view?

I have been wondering this as well. What's changed?

tawanda said:
I'd stick with the GA's, because no matter where you are, you might get stuck behind someone taller...

I'd take the "reserved" seats anytime .... over GAs....
since the arenas have "elevated" row seating....
the row BEHIND you is ALWAYS "higher up"... than your own row..
and the row in FRONT of you .... is "lower".... than your own row..
This way .... ANYBODY can see in front of them .....
when in "reserved" seating sections......

techfire said:
That's very true, I posted my trade add in a U2 fan site, so I'm hoping that a true fan will give me a real ticket. So did you get a good seat for the show?

I ended up with a great seat. I was on Edge's side, facing his keyboard, just a few rows from the railing. My section was almost level with the stage with no seats below us so I had a pretty unobstructed view of the band. :up:

KUEFC09U2 said:

Exactly!! It's almost like all the fans have gotten 4 years older and are want comfort more than experience. The pushing, the shoving, the need to never move after you have your spot, the tall people in front of you, the sweat, the B.O., all of it is part of a true rock show.

GA's and the lottery

This GA lottery has really been a bombshell. I've got over $500 in four GA tickets for the two Denver shows, and I'll have an airplane ticket before it's over, not to mention three days off work. I splurged in order to do this tour right, since the guys are getting older but seem to be hitting on all cylinders. I intended to camp out and whatever it took to get the best "seat" I could get. I did it on the Elevation tour, and I still haven't gotten over the rush. I'm thrilled to see my favorite band again up close, but I am making a massive sacrifice (for me at least) that is turning out to be quite risky.

I haven't read enough about it, but I'm assuming that the U2.com GA'ers get some sort of priority. I kept my $40 member fee, knowing that the chance of U2 coming within 400 miles of Memphis was next to nil, and used it to scalp the ticket of my choice. Now this is backfiring, to say the least. I think I"ll stick with the GA's because the Heart last tour was addictive, but the thought of getting stuck in a sea of backs is demoralizing.

The set lists are definitely helping to boost the outlook, wherever I end up. Incredible.

MsMofoGone said:

I'd take the "reserved" seats anytime .... over GAs....
since the arenas have "elevated" row seating....
the row BEHIND you is ALWAYS "higher up"... than your own row..
and the row in FRONT of you .... is "lower".... than your own row..
This way .... ANYBODY can see in front of them .....
when in "reserved" seating sections......

For goodness' "sake", why do you always "use" speech marks in totally "unnecessary" circumstances? It's "really" annoying and you do it "every" post.

Axver said:

For goodness' "sake", why do you always "use" speech marks in totally "unnecessary" circumstances? It's "really" annoying and you do it "every" post.

And I thought I was the only one who felt this way.:|

I had GA's for opening night and oh how I WISHED I had traded them for seats. My three friends and I camped out all day and ended up not getting into the ellipse and ended up four deep on Edge's side. We got full views of Edge and Bono a combined 4 times-the only time they came out onto the catwalk. I had two GA's for the first Anaheim show but sold them to a great couple we met in line. I'm 5'5 not exactly short, and couldn't see anything. So disappointed. So glad that I got seats for the May 21st show in NYC and for the fall shows. This ellipse lottery has got to go.:mad:

Yeah, it would be worth trading considering your circumstances...........plus, you're actually getting a pretty good deal (the seats are $100 more a ticket)......

I don't get it. Everyone was whining or braging about GA's before the tour. GA this GA that....now nobody wants them. I have nosebleeds I'll take you GA's you can have my crapy tickets that I paid more than double the price of yours.

Back
Top Bottom