Should I return my tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reggie Thee Dog said:
I agree with Headache...control your emotions because if you get all huffy and return tickets there is NO GUARANTEE that you'll get GA's or tickets any closer than what you bought. You might get cheaper tickets, but I guarantee you they won't be any better.

I feel sorry for all of you who are so pissed off. I understand your anger, but I get the feeling some of you who drop your tickets now won't get tickets later, and then you'll be kicking yourself come March/April. Be careful.

reggie, if I don't get tickets later, yeah, I'll be pissed off. who wouldn't be? but I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing I paid $400 for tickets that were supposed to be on the side of the stage and whose location WERE CHANGED 3 TIMES after purchase, so that I wound up in the back of the arena. then I'd just be swallowing the criminal act of ticketmaster. no way.

and btw, I'll have every right to vent if I don't get other tickets.
thanks for your 2 cents.

Spoke to ETS and they say that the concert is in the round (in the center of the arena) so your seats might not be as bad as you think. I would probably keep them.

matt_tx00 said:
The agent at Ticketmaster said these seats were in group "X16" which is the 16th best group in the arena (out of 300+), and it would be hard for me to get better ones. I told her I found that hard to believe.

The X number refers to the ordering system which determines Best Available seating. This is determined by when an event is built at Ticketmaster Event Planning.

Yes, in very basic terms, those are the 16th best group of tickets. But there may only be 18 groups. And 25,000 seats prior to that. It really depends on each venue. Most events are built with each section being its own "x" number. Odds are, those probably are in Ticketmasters view the 16th best section of seats.

-used to work for TM. They aren't all bad.

Oh so now it's "in the round"? According to who? I've lost count of how many times the seating chart has allegedly changed.

Look: You do NOT sell tickets to people and change the seating chart before, during, and after the sale! That is NOT okay, just plain fraudulent as a matter of fact.

I have gone to events at all kinds of facilities from tiny theatres to midsize performing halls to large basketball arenas and football stadiums. No matter what kind of event, when I purchase my tickets I damn well want to know where the seats are in relation to the stage/court/field.

To have it changed repeatedly is bizarre. I've never heard of this. I seriously doubt it's in the round, though. Today's seating charts on Ticketmaster's web site would be all wrong then (yet again).

Last edited:
Ticketmaster ended up cancelling my order for the E. Rutherford 5/18 show - but MAN did I have to fight with them to get it done! I got the tickets shipped to me Friday, then had to void the tix and Fedex Overnight them for Saturday delivery so they could release the seats before the general onsale began this morning. Even after I spent $35 doing the Fedex Overnight Saturday delivery thing they gave me the runaround saying they couldn't track down the package, etc. Finally this morning they released the tickets.

My seats turned out to be better than what most people got for this show. But for me it was the principle of it, that Ticketmaster lied by having the wrong seating chart posted, and for that I wanted a refund.

matt_tx00 said:
Ticketmaster ended up cancelling my order for the E. Rutherford 5/18 show - but MAN did I have to fight with them to get it done! I got the tickets shipped to me Friday, then had to void the tix and Fedex Overnight them for Saturday delivery so they could release the seats before the general onsale began this morning. Even after I spent $35 doing the Fedex Overnight Saturday delivery thing they gave me the runaround saying they couldn't track down the package, etc. Finally this morning they released the tickets.

My seats turned out to be better than what most people got for this show. But for me it was the principle of it, that Ticketmaster lied by having the wrong seating chart posted, and for that I wanted a refund.

I'm with ya.

Back
Top Bottom