Shirt Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

apl

The Fly
After reading many reviews of show 1, i get mixed reviews, good reviews and bad reviews...... i will give the tour more time....

i wanted to say something different that i noticed.... $80 to $ 90 for old u2 shirts.. (war, UF, and joshua tree tour shirts)....

the concert prices make me sick, but these shirt prices are insane...

who sets these prices and who would pay this..

I would think U2 would care about these prices, but I guess not.

Besides, you can find the same shirts on ebay every now and then for way way cheaper.

The $80 t's and $90 War jerseys are different than the customary tour merch.....they are made by a company called TRUNK limited that has bought the licenses to these and other popular bands (Madonna, Beatles etc)...the TRUNK t's sell in Los Angeles for example in stores like Fred Segal and in NY at Jeffreys, where they are even HIGHER priced (the jerseys go for about $140 in store!) and all the "trendy" rockstars and celebs are wearing them (although i doubt those people actually pay for them!)..the shirts are "vintage" and a completely different quality of the regular merchandise and the people buying them are usually the "trendsters" who see a bargain at the show instead of at their usual high end specialty shop. I think that the $35 t shirts are overpriced and that the TRUNK shirts should go back to the stores.

apl said:
After reading many reviews of show 1, i get mixed reviews, good reviews and bad reviews...... i will give the tour more time....

i wanted to say something different that i noticed.... $80 to $ 90 for old u2 shirts.. (war, UF, and joshua tree tour shirts)....

the concert prices make me sick, but these shirt prices are insane...

who sets these prices and who would pay this..

I would think U2 would care about these prices, but I guess not.

Are there detailed pics of the shirts up yet? I saw one of the merchandise booth but it was too far away to see anything clearly.

I'm guessing you'll likely be able to buy them off the website anyway. As much as it would be nice to keep them tour-exclusive, the bottom line is the money, right? Plus some people might not be able to afford the stuff at the time of the show, but might want to purchase later.

Remember the POPMart catalog that you were able to take home and order through a toll-free number? That was a great idea.

laz

Just convince yourself that you can go to another show instead of buying a shirt. I bought shirts at 3 of my first big concerts (U2, Aerosmith, and Dave Matthews Band) and realized soon after it definitely wasn't worth it.

I used my discount I got from becoming a u2.com member to buy a t shirt online. I also bought a lithograph with their hands.

ah, but it is worth it. Concert t shirts are collectables and go for a lot of money. There's web sites devoted to them. I have all my U2 tshirts from the first tours, pristine condition.

I was planning on buying one but they looked terrible. I just wanted a black/red simple design with the dates, not a big stupid red V. Oh well, I'll save some money.

Back
Top Bottom