Setlist predictions for the next 2 shows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Mods, don't move this to U2 setlists...

This is what I think the next show may contain...

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
I Will Follow
Elevation
Beautiful
Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day
I Still Haven't Found...
Miracle Drug
Sometimes...
Yahweh
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Pride
Streets
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways

With Or Without You
One
Bad

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
I Will Follow
Elevation
Beautiful
Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day
I Still Haven't Found...
Miracle Drug
Sometimes...
Yahweh
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Pride
Streets
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways

With Or Without You
Original Of The Species
Bad

Who wants to hear ANYTHING twice in one show?

That's exactly what I've been asking myself from the first time U2 started playing Vertigo twice on this tour.
I can understand that the band which has about 10 songs has to play some songs twice if they want a concert consisting of 14 songs. But when a band has 450 songs (or how many do U2 sell on iTunes?), ... I'll stop here.

theu2fly said:
Mods, don't move this to U2 setlists...
:laugh:

So you think nights 4 and 5 will be exactly the same, save for a single switch between OOTS and a second One?

show 4 may revert back to show 1, or we will see Discotheque I am guessing.

What then for show 5?

ouizy said:
show 4 may revert back to show 1, or we will see Discotheque I am guessing.

What then for show 5?

I'm hoping that it doesn't, because I'll be there, but I think that show 5 might actually revert back to show 1 for some reason

I hope I'm wrong though!!

I just hope I see discotheque, fast cars, first time, stuck, walk on, one of those.

I saw 4 shows the first leg and they were basically ALL identical, I want to see a few new songs. this might be the only show i get to see this fall..

i'm optimistic :wink:

sami0201 said:

I'm hoping that it doesn't, because I'll be there, but I think that show 5 might actually revert back to show 1 for some reason

I hope I'm wrong though!!

Eh, at least if it does, I'll get two new songs in Crumbs and Stuck. Initially I was afraid that 10/11 would end up being the show to be at, and 10/14 would be a bit of a let-down, but I'm thinking w/ the quasi-questionable vocal issues that Bono may or may not have been having last night (I honestly didn't think he sounded that bad...a bit raspy, but nothing ridiculous) maybe there won't be as much craziness tonight, and they'll indeed bust it out on Friday. I hope so! At least thow in Party Girl and some champagne, boys! All in all, I can't complain too much. I saw 2 shows thus far this week, and I've gotten 8 songs that I've never heard live before, including a glorious version of Bad last night. If there happens to be a couple more new ones in there Friday, that'll be just peachy!

I think my ideal shaken up setlist would somehow involve switching the show around w/ the war section opening the show, like AnaheimI, and including Gloria, Out of Control, Crumbs, Party Girl, and perhaps the return of Running to Stand Still replacing Miss Sarajevo (while it's beautiful, I LOVE RTSS, and would be beyond thrilled to hear it one more time)...I doubt any of that will happen. Maybe Out of Control if they don't do it tonight, but we shall see. Oh, but then there's UTEOTW, and everyone seems to be saying the new Discotheque is great, and out of my 4 shows I've seen, I've never heard NYD. *sigh* Too many songs!! My one hope is that they don't do IWF again. I do love it, but I've seen it at 3 out of my 4 shows, and w/ so many songs I've never heard, something else would be nice.

I'm thinking one night will be like this

Vertigo
Elevation
Gloria
New Year's Day
An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes...
Yahweh
Love and Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Streets
One

Discotheque
The Fly
With or Without You

All Because of You
Crumbs from Your Table

LemonMacPhisto said:
I'm thinking one night will be like this

Vertigo
Elevation
Gloria
New Year's Day
An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes...
Yahweh
Love and Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Streets
One

Discotheque
The Fly
With or Without You

All Because of You
Crumbs from Your Table

Toss Party Girl into the encore somewhere, and I would die if this was the setlist for 10/14!!! That'd be pretty ideal as far as I'm concerned! Gloria, ACD/ITH, NYD, Dicotheque, and Crumbs! :drool:

I think the days off have a lot to do with -- mostly because (I think, anyway) Larry is hurting some. I correctly predicted yesterday that the band would play the up-tempo Zoo Station and The Fly in the encore because the band had the day before to rest up.

(Remember -- those two songs were on the printed setlist for the Sat show but were switched for the slower The First Time and Wild Horses instead...my guess is, because it was the 2nd of back-to-back nights, the band/Larry was tired)

So, I think a slower encore tonight followed by a faster one on Friday. I'm guessing Discotheque on Friday.

I think you're right Jon. I'm predicting FTFT/Stuck tonight.

But in the mean time, can we submit LemonMacPhisto's setlist for the band's consideration for Friday's show? Oooh, what if we swapped out WOWY for UTEOTW to have a full out rocking 1st encore?!?!

They will probably open and close with Vertigo on the last night (like in Europe). I expect we'll also see Discotheque, Gloria, The Ocean, UTEOTW, Crumbs. Possibly also something like Angel of Harlem, and maybe a new song like Electrical Storm (I hope:drool: ).

Hello People! Can someone tell U2 they're in NEW YORK, not Little Rock! :wink: I wan't midblowing surprises and, how about "NEW YORK"?!?

I was at the show yesterday and I'll be there tonight, and Friday!!! Please pray for one of the following:

New Year's Day
NEW YORK (with the "Even New Jersey loves New York" part, if possible :wink:)
Until the End of the World
Please
Exit
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Any Pop Song...

For those of you who want Dirty Day, myprayers are with you.:wink:

Oh, and I wish theymixed up the setlist a little more cuz it'd be more fun not to know what's coming next. : )

Last edited:
Also, the guy who walks around the stage, checking Edge's guitars (Dallas Schoo, maybe) shouldn't get our hopes up like that. He played bits of "Crumbs" (!!!!), Desire, Discotheque, as well as songs on the setlist. Damn you, Schoo! :wink: :sad:

RademR said:
I just hope I see discotheque, fast cars, first time, stuck, walk on, one of those.

I saw 4 shows the first leg and they were basically ALL identical, I want to see a few new songs. this might be the only show i get to see this fall..

i'm optimistic :wink:

I got three of these and CRUMBS, can't ask for much more.

Back
Top Bottom