Setlist party threads - EVERYONE PLEASE READ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
RE: Setlist party threads - everyone please read

It has come to my attention that lately there have been problems with the setlist party threads. The main problem from what I can see is arguing, disrespect, personal attacks, name calling, etc.

Setlist parties are supposed to be fun, a place for members to gather round and chat about what's going on at the show, to post the setlist as they get it (THE REAL SETLIST) and discuss what's happening at the show.

If this cannot be done in an adult manner without the bickering, name calling, etc., there will be NO MORE setlist parties. It is not fair that the moderators have to constantly babysit these threads. The moderators have warned many members over and over again to refrain from arguing in the setlist party threads. I have already removed one members' access to this forum and I will not hesitate to remove others that are causing problems.

Please think about others and be respectful when you are posting in the setlist party threads, that's all we ask. HAVE FUN!

Thanks!

We do get carried away a bit Sicy, but mainly in fun. We all generally get on well, and it's fantastic to speak to people from all over the World. I met 3 Interferencers in Barcelona. It would be difficult to spend 3/4 hours staying purely on the setlist topic, but the setlist posters do a great job. I would really miss the fun if the parties stop.

Thanks Sylvia. I agree with you. I always do a great job in the setlist party threads.

.......and so do you and the great majority of the people in here. :wink:

Generally I think a lot of things should be accepted at a setlist party, since it is, after all, just for fun. Even a bit of arguing, if it sober and respectful and doesn't bother the rest of the people at the party too much, should be OK. IMHO, of course.

- But, when people call eachother names or only enter with the sole purpose of trying to bring moods down and ruining the party and the fun for everyone.....well, that is not acceptable.

Sunday is the last European setlist party. Maybe we should have two threads, a serious one and a light hearted one. I shall be at the serious one of course:reject:

1stOne said:
Sunday is the last European setlist party. Maybe we should have two threads, a serious one and a light hearted one. I shall be at the serious one of course:reject:

A very good idea!!!....2 setlistparties

1: only talk about the set and how wonderfull the band is/ or not
2: talk about the setlist and other stuff about life, love and things that matter/or not :wink:

zwervers2 said:

A very good idea!!!....2 setlistparties

1: only talk about the set and how wonderfull the band is/ or not
2: talk about the setlist and other stuff about life, love and things that matter/or not :wink:

..and no crossing the boards to make mischief VIP

Would that be OK Sicy?

mmmmmm....I wonder which party the band would attend:ohmy:

no more setlist parties?! Damn this forum to hell, I've never 'been to one' and was looking forward to bursting into one announcing they'd just played the Achtung Baby Trilogy live back to back to see if ANYONE gets excited. But NO. This forum just HAD to rip out my heart.

gareth brown said:
no more setlist parties?! Damn this forum to hell, I've never 'been to one' and was looking forward to bursting into one announcing they'd just played the Achtung Baby Trilogy live back to back to see if ANYONE gets excited. But NO. This forum just HAD to rip out my heart.

:laugh: :laugh:

Don't do it Gareth...you'll get lynched...watch this space for a no-show setlist party...coming soooooooooooon:wink:

Sicy I really agree with you.

In fact so much so I think I love you:reject:

do you think they'll play vertigo on the 3rd leg of this tour?:shrug:

I think in honour of the THIRD leg of this tour, they'll please us all by playing it THRICE...!

Re: RE: Setlist party threads - everyone please read

Sicy said:
It has come to my attention that lately there have been problems with the setlist party threads. The main problem from what I can see is arguing, disrespect, personal attacks, name calling, etc.

Setlist parties are supposed to be fun, a place for members to gather round and chat about what's going on at the show, to post the setlist as they get it (THE REAL SETLIST) and discuss what's happening at the show.

If this cannot be done in an adult manner without the bickering, name calling, etc., there will be NO MORE setlist parties. It is not fair that the moderators have to constantly babysit these threads. The moderators have warned many members over and over again to refrain from arguing in the setlist party threads. I have already removed one members' access to this forum and I will not hesitate to remove others that are causing problems.

Please think about others and be respectful when you are posting in the setlist party threads, that's all we ask. HAVE FUN!

Thanks!

moderation is best in moderation. i think.

I also think the lair needs an update.
;)

You post something stupid or bait people into an argument, and then a thread that should stay open gets closed. Maybe the people that do that shouldn't come to the setlist "PARTIES" :shrug: :huh:

Lila64 said:
You post something stupid or bait people into an argument, and then a thread that should stay open gets closed. Maybe the people that do that shouldn't come to the setlist "PARTIES" :shrug: :huh:

Great suggestion, Lila.
And I wholeheartedly agree.
Luckily I had already headed to bed when it happened.
I couldn't believe my eyes though, when I came back here.
I hate it when people ruin other people's FUN like that.
And it was a GREAT party yesterday.

I really can't believe people are doing that.
But somehow it just keeps on happening.

A big NO NO in my book!!

:no: :no:

Shame on them, I tell you.
Shame on them.

:shame: :shame:

:(

Back
Top Bottom