Setlist party Amsterdam2 7/15/2005 Pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Man said:
OK, it's time for bed now....need to get up in the morning ...work, you know....working on Saturdays is one of the things a student must live with :wink:....goodnight to all of you...Axver, Sylvia, redkat, neutral, LJT and the rest of you....you're such a nice bunch of people :wave:....see you tomorrow for the best setlist party since Croke 3.....:wave:

Goodnight U2man see you tomorrow :wave:

U2Man said:
OK, it's time for bed now....need to get up in the morning ...work, you know....working on Saturdays is one of the things a student must live with :wink:....goodnight to all of you...Axver, Sylvia, redkat, neutral, LJT and the rest of you....you're such a nice bunch of people :wave:....see you tomorrow for the best setlist party since Croke 3.....:wave:

Bye U2Man.
I really wonder how he can be here tomorrow and work at the same time.
I won't be able to manage that.

Miringeltje said:

Bye U2Man.
I really wonder how he can be here tomorrow and work at the same time.
I won't be able to manage that.

he must work during the day and home in the evening.

For those of you wandering in here for the setlist:

Vertigo
Out of Control
Electric Co.
Elevation
New Year’s Day
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
City of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running to Standstill
Pride In the Name of Love
Where the Streets Have No Name
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
With or Without You

All Because of You
Yahweh
Vertigo

Howdy! :)

Just got back from the gig. It was another great U2 concert (although for me not as good as the first show, for obvious reasons).
Crowd again was totally into it, as was the band.

:hyper:

Miringeltje said:
Ha cool, someone's back from the concert.
Please tell some more.

Snippets?
Bono talking Dutch?

I'll try to do this from memory as good as I know it:
Snippets:
The Electric Co. - Send In The Clowns / I Can See For Miles
Beautiful Day - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band / Blackbird
Bullet The Blue Sky - English Civil War / The Hands That Built America
Running To Stand Still - Amazing Grace

I can't place it in the exact song, but Bono snippeted Amsterdam (by Jacques Brel) again somewhere at the start. Sometimes... ended with seemingly an Irish traditional song (about the hills of...). I think there were some more snippets, but those have slipped my mind for the moment. And not an official snippet, but One ended with the 'Can you hear me calling, Lord' part.

As for Bono talking Dutch, more or less the same phrases as during the first concert (Het is een mooie dag, Ik hou van Holland, Het is heet hier and he tried to pronouce the Dutch website of the MPH campaign: Maak het waar).

Popmartijn said:

Snippets:

I can't place it in the exact song, but Bono snippeted Amsterdam (by Jacques Brel) again somewhere at the start. Sometimes... ended with seemingly an Irish traditional song (about the hills of...). I think there were some more snippets, but those have slipped my mind for the moment. And not an official snippet, but One ended with the 'Can you hear me calling, Lord' part.

As for Bono talking Dutch, more or less the same phrases as during the first concert (Het is een mooie dag, Ik hou van Holland, Het is heet hier and he tried to pronouce the Dutch website of the MPH campaign: Maak het waar).

Thanks Martijn. Awesome!

Diane L said:

I want to be a librarian...I'm 7/12ths of the way through an MLS degree. I've run out of money for school, though, and it might take a while to get back there. :(

Did you see the Harry Potter launch tonight/today? You work in a library don't you? I look after 2 primary school libraries.

1stOne said:

Did you see the Harry Potter launch tonight/today? You work in a library don't you? I look after 2 primary school libraries.

Our library is having an event, with kids getting copies at midnight and such. But I'm in a different department...I asked if they needed help, but they didn't. :sigh:

Popmartijn said:

Snippets:

Thanks for those, Marty! I don't suppose the Sometimes snippet was the Black Hills Of Dakota?

Back
Top Bottom