Setlist partaaaaay 2005-07-13 Amsterdam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
adriansr_martin said:
anyone know if coldplay vary their setlists? saw them at crystal palace and they were awsome....

never heard a coldplay fan moan about standard setlists...

oh heck i've mentioned coldplay on a interference board....set flame to on!
:huh:

Well, they don´t have many songs to mix up.

Princey said:

you dont enjoy yourself at the setlist parties???

I didn't say that, but I do get tired of the same continual complaints over and over again.

I'd like to see just one party where everyone can be happy and positive. Where we can even greet Vertigo II with enthusiasm. "That song really rocked at the show I went to! I know the crowd there will be having a fantastic time!" At least something like that. It'd be a shock, but a nice one.

I do try and keep outta the setlist criticism, i can see both sides of the argument, but.......i thought the second night setlist in Paris was a bit disappointing and overall find it a bit sad they cant rotate in songs like ACD/ITH, gloria,OOTS a bit more often. It just gives the anti vertigox2 people more ammo

evening all btw

:wave: :wave: :wave:

1stOne said:

I certainly didn't notice ANY bad transitions between songs at my 4 shows so far.

Yeah, me neither in my 6 shows. In fact I thought the transitions were amazing.

Hey 1stOne, what day are you gettin to Barcelona?

Axver said:

Yeah, what a strange concept, a party where everyone enjoys themselves and is happy. Why would we ever want that?

and by dull i mean that other than an updating of the setlist there wouldnt be as much conversation between people - and thats not much of a partaaay is it?

U2Spain said:

Actually they only played for an hour and a half at crystal palace...much less than u2 at twickenham when I saw em..

...but.....

they were so good you wouldn't believe...they had the crowd in the palm of their hand and the vibe was unbelievable...thats what a varied setlist does for ya
:wink:

Axver said:

I didn't say that, but I do get tired of the same continual complaints over and over again.

I'd like to see just one party where everyone can be happy and positive. Where we can even greet Vertigo II with enthusiasm. "That song really rocked at the show I went to! I know the crowd there will be having a fantastic time!" At least something like that. It'd be a shock, but a nice one.

Yesterday's setlist at the 'no show' was much much better...

:D

Peter said:

Perhaps the best song sequence they've ever done imho

At this point in time, I think it's second to Bad --> All I Want Is You/The First Time --> Bullet The Blue Sky --> Running To Stand Still --> Where The Streets Have No Name.

Oh, and God Part II/Hawkmoon 269 --> Desire --> All Along The Watchtower was bloody incredible too.

U2Spain said:

Yes they do. Besides their 'own' songs, they have U2 and Radiohead's entire catalogues at their disposal.

Axver said:

you do have a point about the same criticisms...

as for the everyone being happy part - thats just never going to happen, everybody has different opinions on songs...hence the complaints and bitching :wink:

ramblin rose said:

Yeah, me neither in my 6 shows. In fact I thought the transitions were amazing.

Hey 1stOne, what day are you gettin to Barcelona?

Thursday 4th ...how about you?

KEVIN051269 said:
I do try and keep outta the setlist criticism, i can see both sides of the argument, but.......i thought the second night setlist in Paris was a bit disappointing and overall find it a bit sad they cant rotate in songs like ACD/ITH, gloria,OOTS a bit more often. It just gives the anti vertigox2 people more ammo

evening all btw

:wave: :wave: :wave:
i dunno if acd/ith or oots would really fit into a stadium show as such, well maybe oots would, but acd/ith lost ALOT of the crowd in america so am lead to belive, so imagine what it would do to the atmosphere in a stadium

Princey said:

and by dull i mean that other than an updating of the setlist there wouldnt be as much conversation between people - and thats not much of a partaaay is it?

I think we could have plenty of conversation without arguing or complaining.

Who here reckons The Electric Co. is sounding incredible? That absolutely rocked the place in Boston and I imagine it's sensational in the stadiums!

Princey said:

which one?? there were 2 or 3 shows going on at the same time! :huh:

Hmmm, last one that Axver posted and that we are now trying to make a reality with someone who knows a little bit about sound mixing.

U2@NYC said:

Hmmm, last one that Axver posted and that we are now trying to make a reality with someone who knows a little bit about sound mixing.

wasnt acrobat in that setlist? how can that get mixed into a live 'bootleg'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom