Setlist partaaaaay 2005-07-13 Amsterdam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2Spain said:
I know that is boring to argue about the setlist...but another standard setlist again!! it's a shame, they have nearly 100 songs and they are playing the same. Even in the USA the did more changes!

It wouldn't surprise me if they did the same setlist again. Especially since they didn't soundchecked themselves.
A surprise would be awesome though.
I mean they've had 2 days off to practice some other songs.

tell you what..... something that is 10x more predictable than the setlist, is the same people going on and on about how they wish they changed it, every show they do its the same,

and guess what? your not even there

Miringeltje said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they did the same setlist again. Especially since they didn't soundchecked themselves.
A surprise would be awesome though.
I mean they've had 2 days off to practice some other songs.

Or like many working people they could have used the 2 days off to rest and spend time with their families......

vertigo setlists are better than elevation setlists overall(electric co., an cat dubh, in to the heart, whos gonna ride...(full band), gloria, zoo station. none of those have been played for a few tours at least.

I find it funny how thread after thread, people always expect the setlist to change.

Sure, I live in hope that something will happen, but people, this is U2: keep your expectations realistic. The fact that they changed their opener in the middle of a tour is something they haven't done in over a decade!

U2Spain said:
Why they don´t play 40 in europe??? We are the best audience in the world , we deserve a best setlist.

Well, the answer to that is simple. 'Cause I'm not there. Perhaps it's time I took a flight back to Europe. I personnaly think a u2 performance isn't complete if I'm not in attendence. Only then is it possible to have the best audience in the world. They must feel it 2.

Hahaha, just teasing you.

(Oh, how bad is it to laugh at your own jokes?)

Axver said:
I find it funny how thread after thread, people always expect the setlist to change.

Sure, I live in hope that something will happen, but people, this is U2: keep your expectations realistic. The fact that they changed their opener in the middle of a tour is something they haven't done in over a decade!
waisting are time

Maybee a standard setlist is to stop so many bootlegs turning up...I mean if you've got one vertigo tour boot...you've got them all....

OK so I've got a few so maybee that doesnt work....oh btw anyone seen the san diego opening night video? that's awsome

KUEFC09U2 said:
tell you what..... something that is 10x more predictable than the setlist, is the same people going on and on about how they wish they changed it, every show they do its the same,

and guess what? your not even there

You're right...we are totally nuts! I mean...what difference would it make to us if they played the no show setlist from last night's no show setlist party as a one off...we wouldn't even hear it!

< goes off to ponder this thought

adriansr_martin said:
Maybee a standard setlist is to stop so many bootlegs turning up...I mean if you've got one vertigo tour boot...you've got them all....

OK so I've got a few so maybee that doesnt work....oh btw anyone seen the san diego opening night video? that's awsome

Yeah that is a good one, Anaheim is good too. Hmmmm,,,,,second night is a good one........COme to think of it so is LA, ...... now that you mention it San Jose is good too.....oh shit, they all rock.

allbecauseofme said:
vertigo setlists are better than elevation setlists overall(electric co., an cat dubh, in to the heart, whos gonna ride...(full band), gloria, zoo station. none of those have been played for a few tours at least.

I think wild horses were played in ET.

And i think that tehy play gloria,electric co. and an cat dubh because they are easy to rehearse and to play. It's the easy and lazy way.

Miringeltje said:

Well, the answer to that is simple. 'Cause I'm not there. Perhaps it's time I took a flight back to Europe. I personnaly think a u2 performance isn't complete if I'm not in attendence. Only then is it possible to have the best audience in the world. They must feel it 2.

Hahaha, just teasing you.

(Oh, how bad is it to laugh at your own jokes?)

If you can get 40 back to the setlist i will pay you the flight. :drool:

U2Spain said:

I think wild horses were played in ET.

And i think that tehy play gloria,electric co. and an cat dubh because they are easy to rehearse and to play. It's the easy and lazy way.
so i take it you havent heard this little rumour about edges girl?,

and oh yes there so easy, because they have played them on EVERY tour

still cant belive people are calling U2 lazy

U2Man said:
Hmmm, it seems like we're missing a lot of people tonight....many of the Dutch, Leetah, Zwervers....Kelly isn't here either....quite a quiet party so far....

Uhm yeah, I really wonder where all those Dutchies went.
Come on people, stop complaining about the setlist and the speed of the party!
If you don't like it, take a break from it all.
But don't spoil my fun!!

U2Spain said:
If you compare Pearl Jam's setlist and U2's setlist...U2 are lazy.

Hmmmmm.....what is better....a setlist that changes everynight sung by an incohearant guy and no real visuals, or the same list every night by an amazingly talented band with a huge multimedia set?

nicodepiko said:
running to stand still now, sounds great !!!

I hear it too on the radio!
They called a DJ on his cell.
He didn't know what song it was though!
Hahaha!
LOL
However he was very enthousiastic!
Said everything was great.

U2Spain said:
here we go back to the PJ comparrisons,

why dont you forget about U2 and just follow them then?

if u2 changed their setlist for everyshow....

What the hell would we bitch about?

1/ Oh that was an awful version of.......
2/ ........... was better on the JT/lovetown/zoo/zooropa/popmart/ET tour
3/ Why don't they play ........ instead of ...........
4/ I wish they'd keep thier setlists standard

?

U2Spain said:

It's funny how people will always find a few examples of bands that mix up their setlists and compare them to U2, when the comparison isn't even always valid.

Most bands, from what I hear, don't do the variety all that much. Heck, someone here posted about how they saw one group five nights in a row at a club and they played nearly the exact same setlist every night. Even U2 have heaps more variety than that! But guess what? That person thoroughly enjoyed the shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom