Seeking setlist party sources!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Hi folks,

With the fifth leg of the Vertigo Tour less than three weeks from commencing, we are in need of sources for the setlist parties! For those of you unfamiliar with what we do, here's the process:

Someone attending the show agrees to either text in the setlist to someone at home, or preferably is willing to leave their mobile phone on and have the audio streamed by someone at home with the capabilities to do so. Then someone else (generally me, but not this time around!) makes a thread on Interference to provide links to the audio or post the text messages for all to hear/read/talk about.

If you want to provide audio, here's what we do:
1. You provide your phone number to gorman via PM or e-mail.
2. You and gorman ensure that things will work! (e.g. that his calls successfully connect, your phone won't run out of power halfway through the show, etc.)
3. You and gorman make arrangements so that he contacts you just as the show starts.
4. You leave your phone on and gorman streams the audio online for everyone to hear.
5. We all enjoy the concert with you!

Now, I don't know of any companies in Australia or New Zealand that charge you to receive a call, so the audio option will be at absolutely no charge to you here. I don't know the details for Japan or Hawaii.

However, if you would rather text the setlist:

1. You arrange with a member of Interference to send them text messages and exchange phone numbers.
2. When the concert begins, you send texts of what each song is, and if you can manage it, any other details like snippets.
3. The recipient posts the setlist on Interference for everyone to read.

This naturally requires a bit more effort, but if you're worried about embarrassing yourself online by shrieking when Bono comes near you ... :wink:

We would, however, prefer audio. I will be the source for five shows. Any and all volunteers for ANY show are welcome. Even if someone else has signed up, if you're willing to act as a back-up should we encounter problems, that would be fantastic. Also, if you are willing to receive texts from people at shows you are not attending, please speak up. I would like a back-up source I can text to in case audio does not work out.

Please just put your name beside the date and what you will be able to do:

2006-11-07, Brisbane: Axver (audio)
2006-11-10, Sydney: Axver (receive texts if required)
2006-11-11, Sydney: Axver (audio)
2006-11-13, Sydney: Axver (audio)
2006-11-16, Adelaide: Axver (receive texts if required)
2006-11-18, Melbourne: Axver (audio)
2006-11-19, Melbourne: Axver (audio)
2006-11-24, Auckland:
2006-11-25, Auckland:
2006-11-29, Saitama:
2006-11-30, Saitama:
2006-12-04, Saitama:
2006-12-09, Honolulu: gorman (audio, if he goes)

If necessary, I can also receive texts for Saitama and Honolulu (not Auckland, as I will be there but can't do audio/texts from the show), but it would make more sense for you to text someone in the same country if possible!

Last edited:
You're awesome, Liam. :up:

Anyone else available for any shows?

liamcool said:
I know I'm awesome, Mr Setlist Dork.

In that case, you aren't awesome, as everything you know is wrong.

... ouch, the lame, it burns!

liamcool said:
You haven't lost your touch. We should really stop spamming this thread.

Considering our past standards, have we even begun? :wink:

Diane L said:
Did somebody say SETLIST PARTY??? :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

No, it was just a figment of your imagination. This thread is actually about antelopes ... big, blue and yellow antelopes ... that eat vanilla ice cream while updating Wikipedia ... yeah ... :shifty:

Anyone else out there want to volunteer?

We need:
- BRISBANE! I'm having problems with my phone. It will hopefully be working in time for Brisbane, but if it isn't, can someone be a backup?
- Adelaide
- Auckland I and II
- Saitama I, II, and III
- Honolulu backup

Axver said:
We need:
- BRISBANE! I'm having problems with my phone. It will hopefully be working in time

Put your sim card in your in someone else's phone prehaps :hmm:, then the card would have to be unlocked so It would work in multiple phones....just a thought

bono_man2002 said:

Put your sim card in your in someone else's phone prehaps :hmm:, then the card would have to be unlocked so It would work in multiple phones....just a thought

Heh, that's kind of hard when I don't actually have my phone and won't have it in my possession until Tuesday! The sim card is part of the problem anyway.

I imagine it will work, but it'd be nice to have a backup source just in case something goes awry.

Axver said:

Heh, that's kind of hard when I don't actually have my phone and won't have it in my possession until Tuesday! The sim card is part of the problem anyway.

I imagine it will work, but it'd be nice to have a backup source just in case something goes awry.

Hmm, how about morse code?, or Pidgeon messaging?

bono_man2002 said:

:lol:, maybe, do you know anyone telephathic?

Yes, myself. Stop thinking about how much you love Justin Timberlake's music, Daniel.

bono_man2002 said:

:madspit: Just cause he's BRINING!!! SEXC BAK!

Where he says 'sexy', he means 'complete shit'. Seriously. I read his mind, that's what he means.

Oh, and I just read Bono's mind. Here's the upcoming setlist for Brisbane, complete with his mental notes:

1. Vertigo
2. Beautiful Day
3. Speech
4. One
5. Vertigo (I don't think we've played this yet)
6. Until The End Of The World
7. New Year's Day
8. Vertigo (Better put it in the set somewhere!)
9. Pride
10. Where The Streets Have No Name
11. Vertigo (Shit, how could I forget this?!)
12. Bullet The Blue Sky
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
15. Vertigo (It'd make a great ending to the set)

16. Elevation
17. All Because Of You
18. Vertigo (It would sound good here)
19. With Or Without You

20. Vertigo (I don't think this has been in an encore before)
21. Original Of The Species
22. Yahweh
23. Vertigo (I don't think I've used this yet ...)

Axver said:

Where he says 'sexy', he means 'complete shit'. Seriously. I read his mind, that's what he means.

Oh, and I just read Bono's mind. Here's the upcoming setlist for Brisbane, complete with his mental notes:

:lol: - Its funny cause its probably true.

Hahah, Great setlist....well it Is the Vertigo tour!

bono_man2002 said:
Hahah, Great setlist....well it Is the Vertigo tour!

REALLY? I could have sworn this was the Lovetown Tour! You're telling me I went out and bought BB King's albums for nothing? :wink:

Speaking of 'went out', it's late, so I should be out. Have a good one! :wave:

And please, someone, volunteer to help out with the sources! That'd be awesome! :)

:wave:

Depending on the time of the shows, I may be around. But if they are at the crack of dawn, well then, I'll just have to read about them when I awaken :wink: I'm usually up til 2:00-3:00am PST if that fits a timeframe for any show (if a text receiver is needed).

The concert in Sydney is 5:00 am eastern time right? It's still Nov. 10th eastern time right? Actually Melbourne, Brisbane, and Sydney are same time zone then Adelaide would be 5:30 am cause they're 15 1/2 hrs ahead of eastern time

Last edited:
I can text for sydney 1 (seats), 2 (maybe as I have GA) and sydney 3 (seats).

PM me a number to txt...Andre, let me know if your number changes..

U2FloridaFan said:
The concert in Sydney is 5:00 am eastern time right? It's still Nov. 10th eastern time right? Actually Melbourne, Brisbane, and Sydney are same time zone then Adelaide would be 5:30 am cause they're 15 1/2 hrs ahead of eastern time

Actually, because of daylight savings, Sydney and Melbourne are now an hour ahead of Brisbane and Adelaide is half an hour ahead of Brisbane. We don't have daylight savings here in Queensland.

So can anyone convert each start time to EST? Just to make it easy on the high schooler with quarter exams this week? :crazy:

phillyfan26 said:
So can anyone convert each start time to EST? Just to make it easy on the high schooler with quarter exams this week? :crazy:

www.timeanddate.com is your friend. :wink:

9pm Brisbane time = 6am US eastern time
9pm Sydney/Melbourne = 5am US eastern
9pm Adelaide = 5:30am US eastern
9pm Auckland = 3am US eastern

I think the concerts themselves start around 8-8:30pm local time.

Back
Top Bottom