Second support acts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the edges plec

Acrobat
Will there be a second support act for the european shows?
I'm going to the Manchester show on the 14th June and snow patrol are supporting ,would it be a bit hopeful for another good act such as the killers to play as well.

am sure i read somewhere that brussels has named a second support act, so i wouldnt be suprised.... i mean gates opening at 3:30, first support on about 5:30, would mean U2 coming on WAY too early, so i would look for 2 supports :) which is nice

the edges plec said:
Will there be a second support act for the european shows?
I'm going to the Manchester show on the 14th June and snow patrol are supporting ,would it be a bit hopeful for another good act such as the killers to play as well.

Who put the "M" in Manchester?

Mr. BAW said:
at one point I heard the Killers and Franz Ferdinand were possibilities...:up:

Wow, Snow Patrol, the Killers, U2. It doesnt get any better than that does it? :drool:

See you on the 14th!! Do you have GAs?

lisa2004 said:

Wow, Snow Patrol, the Killers, U2. It doesnt get any better than that does it? :drool:

[/QUOTEi might bump into you lisa :) i will also be there on the 14th GA'S

June 14th Manchester - City of Manchester Stadium, Sold Out
Support Act: Snow Patrol
June 15th Manchester ­ City of Manchester Stadium, Sold Out
Support Act: Athlete
June 18th London - Twickenham Stadium, Sold Out
Support Act: Athlete
June 19th London - Twickenham Stadium, Sold Out
June 21st Glasgow - Hampden Park, Sold Out
Support Act: Interpol
June 24th Dublin - Croke Park, Sold Out
Support Act: Paddy Casey, Snow Patrol
June 25th Dublin - Croke Park, Sold Out
Support Act: Radiators
June 29th Cardiff - Millenium Stadium, Sold Out
Support Act: The Killers

2nd July Vienna - Ernst Happel Stadium, Sold Out
Support Act: The Kaiser Chiefs / The Killers

As you can see from Vienna it does look like 2 acts each, but non of the UK ones have 2 announced as yet.
Twickenham on 19th doesnt have ANYONE announced as yet!

I dont think that SP, Killers etc will be adding more dates - U2 seem to be bringing in more acts Feeder, Ash and Radiators all announced recently.
Still waiting to hear about the 19th!
ark

KUEFC09U2 said:
lisa2004 said:

[/QUOTEi might bump into you lisa :) i will also be there on the 14th GA'S

Will keep an eye out for you KUEF!! What time are you getting there for? We are travelling up from Surrey so will be leaving very early!!!

I'm Jo by the way, Lisa' sister. We live together so share the same ID! Just to confuse everyone!!

Jo.

lisa2004 said:

Will keep an eye out for you KUEF!! What time are you getting there for? We are travelling up from Surrey so will be leaving very early!!!

I'm Jo by the way, Lisa' sister. We live together so share the same ID! Just to confuse everyone!!

Jo.
wont be there too early, maybe about 12:00 something like that, cant bloody wait

Hiya jo by the way :)

KUEFC09U2 said:
wont be there too early, maybe about 12:00 something like that, cant bloody wait

Hiya jo by the way :)

Hi!

I know! 55 days to go! I'm sad I know. Ive been counting the days since we booked em in February. Weve got Twickenham setas aswell :):) Gonna be the best summer ever! Would you prefer the second support to be Killers or franz Ferdinand? Id love either- Keane would be nice too! Have you seen U2 before?

Jo.

:hyper: I can't wait for the 14th my mate Phil and i will be there about 10 oclock we have GAs we are getting there earlyish so that even if we don't make it into the elipse we should get a good spot at the front,so we might see you on the 14th.

the edges plec said:
:hyper: I can't wait for the 14th my mate Phil and i will be there about 10 oclock we have GAs we are getting there earlyish so that even if we don't make it into the elipse we should get a good spot at the front,so we might see you on the 14th.

Hi, I'll look out for you and your mate Phil :) Myself, my sister and our friend will be leaving Surrey the evening before so we could well end up camping over. If it means we get down the front, it'll be worth it. As close to Bono as humanly possible! :drool:

Do you think there will be a lottery in the UK to get into the ellipse? I dont think so as it would take forever to beep everyones tickets. There are gonna be about 60,000 with GAs I should think. I hope its just first come, first served, like every other standing gig in the UK. I also read a while ago on another thread here that there may not even be an ellipse in the European shows. :( I hope that wasnt true..

Jo.

Hi Jo
I posted a question about the lottery system and everybody seemed to think that they will still use it in europe,I think they will retain the elipse as it stops the crush at the front.
roll on the 14th!

the edges plec said:
Hi Jo
I posted a question about the lottery system and everybody seemed to think that they will still use it in europe,I think they will retain the elipse as it stops the crush at the front.
roll on the 14th!

Hi, the days can't move fast enough for me. Are you happy with the current setlist? Do you think it will change at all for the European shows? I'm still hoping to hear Crumbs but Im not very confident...

Jo.

P.S whats your name BTW?

Hi my names John.
I like the setlist i think theres a good mixture of old and new,i think they will add a couple of songs from the new album by the time they get to Manchester.

the edges plec said:
Hi my names John.
I like the setlist i think theres a good mixture of old and new,i think they will add a couple of songs from the new album by the time they get to Manchester.

John, what are you esp looking forward to hearing? Off the current setlist I cant wait to hear NYD, SBS, Streets, Vertigo, Sometimes, One, 40 and RTSS.

I'd love them to play WOWY, OOTS, Crumbs, Kite, Wild Horses, Angel of Harlem and AIWIY.

You think there will be a lottery? Hmmm.. I dont know if that is a good idea. There will be lots of people coming who wont know about it so i can imagine they wont be too impressed. I'll still be getting there eaely obviously as I want to be right on the outside of the ellipse if I cant get in it!! I hope my ticket doesnt beep!!!

Jo.

lisa2004 said:

Hi!

I know! 55 days to go! I'm sad I know. Ive been counting the days since we booked em in February. Weve got Twickenham setas aswell :):) Gonna be the best summer ever! Would you prefer the second support to be Killers or franz Ferdinand? Id love either- Keane would be nice too! Have you seen U2 before?

Jo.
well i think i would prefer it to be the killers, but keane would be cool aswell, i went last tour, MEN, when bono threw his strop,

54 days now :p

KUEFC09U2 said:
well i think i would prefer it to be the killers, but keane would be cool aswell, i went last tour, MEN, when bono threw his strop,

54 days now :p

I heard about that lol:yes:
didn't go down too well or so I hear!!! Very rock and roll though :giggle:

I can't wait for Manchester - you got GA's

Lisa (Jo's sister)

lisa2004 said:

I heard about that lol:yes:
didn't go down too well or so I hear!!! Very rock and roll though :giggle:

I can't wait for Manchester - you got GA's

Lisa (Jo's sister)
yep i have GA'S, the strop wasnt too bad, they just didnt come back for the encore, bono was probabley going through hell, as he found out that his father was slipping away,

True - Bono was on another planet for most of the UK part of the last tour - not that I blame him at all - I am amazed he performed as well as he did and did not have to cancel any of the gigs - esp Earls Court.

Lisa

Back
Top Bottom