Seattle II Setlist Bitch and Thread Party - PART TWO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gmplace0401 said:

Don't know if you went to any Elevation shows, but Walk On w/ the "Halle...Halleloooooya" ending was an incredible closer. Everytime I hear that song now I think something is about to end:).

Walk On > "40" in every facet, lyrically, musically & emotionally.

It actually astonishes me that people seem to go the other way.

CTU2fan said:

These are all very good IMO:

1997-09-23 Sarajevo (bono's voice is shot, but a powerful show regardless)
1997-09-30 Tel Aviv
1997-12-03 Mexico City
1998-02-11 Santiago
1998-03-21 Johannesburg

Should I send you another email? I would love to hear the Sarajevo and one of the others... Maybe 12/3 Mexico or 3/21 Johannesburg... Let me know if I should email :angel:

Guess what's on the radio... Vertigo!

Yes! no "40" = :up:

Finnally U2 close with a fast song!!.
As Much as I love '40' ending the show....I'm delighted that they finished off with Vertigo. Can't wait to hear it now ;)

gmplace0401 said:

Don't know if you went to any Elevation shows, but Walk On w/ the "Halle...Halleloooooya" ending was an incredible closer. Everytime I hear that song now I think something is about to end:).

I think the beauty of Walk On/Hallelujah and "40" is the emotional connection both make with the audience. I do believe that "Love is Blindness" was brilliant, but in a different way. When I was done screaming out "How long...." or "Halleluuuujah", you felt spent, but in a good way. Like you had earned your exhaustion. Both are very emotional finishers.

If they play set list 2 for Chicago 2....what the heck do they play for Chicago 3?????????

Harbinger said:

nah, i just amp up the font size a little and the last line I see of your signature is "Contradiction is balance: Axver's" so it's not your fault. When I pop the font size back down it's all there.

Ah, right. I have been thinking of changing things for a while though. And I might redo the whole openers and closers list if I have time as there've been some old setlists surface that I didn't keep track of and don't have on the list.

Lila64 said:

Should I send you another email? I would love to hear the Sarajevo and one of the others... Maybe 12/3 Mexico or 3/21 Johannesburg... Let me know if I should email :angel:

Guess what's on the radio... Vertigo!

If you want too, send me another one...I'll probably run through my emails in the morning, so I'll probably forget...

Got to say that for the first time this tour, I'm really inspired to bitch and complain and moan.

I can't see why they cut 40 and I feel sorry for the people who didn't get to experience it.

Axver said:
Got to say that for the first time this tour, I'm really inspired to bitch and complain and moan.

I can't see why they cut 40 and I feel sorry for the people who didn't get to experience it.

Uh oh...the thread name proves to be true... :wink:

Axver said:
I can't see why they cut 40

But they changed up the set?. We we're all (All = Some) complaing about the lack of change....yeah so they played Vertigo Twice......But they still changed up the set!

Axver said:

Well that's the thing...it's all well & fine for us to think it's cool from afar, but if I was there & didn't get 40 when the rest of the tour did, if it was my only show...I'd be pissed.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Parts of Setlist 1 with parts of Setlist 2...with a new song or three...or four.

As long as they don't repeat Chicago 1 I'm fine with it...all three of the shows I've been to have been Night 1.

Axver said:

Seems really odd to me. Until I learn otherwise, I would tend to think that there's a specific reason for it. Not sure, what.

CTU2fan said:

Well that's the thing...it's all well & fine for us to think it's cool from afar, but if I was there & didn't get 40 when the rest of the tour did, if it was my only show...I'd be pissed.

That's right. And while I'm going to all three Boston shows and thus assured of 40, my girlfriend's coming only to the third, and I really want her to experience the song too.

Everyone here knows I'm a huge supporter of variety, but I've always said that as much as I love setlist variation, 40 can stay in the closing spot.

I can understand why a younger fan would be bummed without a 40 closer. An old dog like me who has seen the band back in the day, hollering "how loooooong" all the way to the parking lot, I can understand how not getting a 40 could be a downer. With that being said, seeing the opener and closer of Vertigo at the Brooklyn show, I must admit, it was pretty f:censored:ng cool.

Congratulations to the band....now we really have no idea what to expect from each show...keep us on Edge!!!

farluu said:
I can understand why a younger fan would be bummed without a 40 closer. An old dog like me who has seen the band back in the day, hollering "how loooooong" all the way to the parking lot, I can understand how not getting a 40 could be a downer. With that being said, seeing the opener and closer of Vertigo at the Brooklyn show, I must admit, it was pretty f:censored:ng cool.

I agree with you...since I am a much younger fan...both in age and in years I have been a u2 fan.

We don't yet know the reasons for playing Vertigo twice. We may never know. But if it was just to "shake things up" rather than some concrete reason then why when this band has SOOOO many songs to pick from did they feel the need to repeat a song already played? Sure, 25 years ago U2 used to play 11 0'Clock Tick Tock twice and as Bono described it that was because they didn't have enough songs. Well they certainly do have enough songs now. I don't get it. There must be more to playing it twice than just wanting to have a different closer. Maybe they weren't happy with the earlier version of it? Anyway, the way I am thinking right is this concert is actually 1 song shorter than it appears which from a primative value for money point of view stinks! Why not play Vertigo again AND play 40 as well?

Well g'night everyone, damn near 3am here. I will answer any emails tomorrow morning :)

Well, I must take a break from the blue screen that lights up my nights... Been fun as always. Take care everyone. Goodnight! :wave: (Makes sure there are no tim tam 'crumbs on my table')

Back
Top Bottom