Seattle II Setlist Bitch and Thread Party - PART TWO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, 40 not closing is kind of a bummer. i hope this was just a one time thing, because i don't like the idea of ending on vertigo (or anything else with that much energy).

aaaanyway. bedtime.

yes, time for me to finish the paper and sleep... it's been fun! goodnight everyone! :wave:

thanks again, knox, for posting the setlist... :bow: :up:

Lila64 said:
I don't have any recordings from the PopMart tour... anyone recommend any? I just need 1 good one...

Popmart Sarajevo, 1997-09-23.

Bono's voice is shot, but the emotion is almost overwhelming.

Lila64 said:
I don't have any recordings from the PopMart tour... anyone recommend any? I just need 1 good one...

These are all very good IMO:

1997-09-23 Sarajevo (bono's voice is shot, but a powerful show regardless)
1997-09-30 Tel Aviv
1997-12-03 Mexico City
1998-02-11 Santiago
1998-03-21 Johannesburg

timothius said:
Hey I like the Vertigo ending. Mix it up.

"40" live is over rated anyways.

While I may not fully agree with the second part of the statement, the first is dead on. Mix the thing up - give us Vertigo up front and on the back side as well. Go fuckin' crazy. Drop 40, add OOTS - whatever. We've been complaining for years that there was no variety to their setlists, and now that we have some true setlist weirdness going there's the move for a little less variety.

It seems that with this tour, they're still trying to figure the thing out. Perhaps with setlists like tonight, we stand a chance of seeing more of the rehearsed songs. It's all good - 40 or no 40!

Axver said:

The Ocean, 11 O'clock Tick Tock, Elevation, and Vertigo. Check the link in my signature to U2 concert openers and closers - once there, click the link to the trivia and I make a small note on it.

Hidden beneath the non-scrollbar weirdness of either Interference or Firefox is a golden gem! Thanks.

Axver said:
40 is the only way to close a show.

I think Love Is.... & Walk On did a much better job than "40" but each to their own.

People say they wanted it mixed up, then when it's not mixed-up by playing the second sides of Boy & October is reverse alphabetical order.

This tour is like Elevation, its better when remixed.

daygloeyes2 said:
How does that make the concert worse because 40 isn't on the list?

Because 40 is the perfect way to conclude a show, especially after a song like OOTS. Following OOTS with Vertigo just gets you amped again. It's no way to end a show.

I'm still waiting for someone to post that U2 came back out to play a third encore, because it doesn't seem like this thing is over yet!

Axver said:
40 is the only way to close a show.

Don't know if you went to any Elevation shows, but Walk On w/ the "Halle...Halleloooooya" ending was an incredible closer. Everytime I hear that song now I think something is about to end:).

Harbinger said:

Hidden beneath the non-scrollbar weirdness of either Interference or Firefox is a golden gem! Thanks.

Oh, that doesn't show for you? It does for me. If I'd gone one line lower, I would've had to have used the non-scrollbar weirdness.

Guess I better fix the signature ...

gmplace0401 said:

Don't know if you went to any Elevation shows, but Walk On w/ the "Halle...Halleloooooya" ending was an incredible closer. Everytime I hear that song now I think something is about to end:).

Agreed that Walk On's a good closer, but I think 40 well and truly beats it - or anything else.

Axver said:

Oh, that doesn't show for you? It does for me. If I'd gone one line lower, I would've had to have used the non-scrollbar weirdness.

Guess I better fix the signature ...

nah, i just amp up the font size a little and the last line I see of your signature is "Contradiction is balance: Axver's" so it's not your fault. When I pop the font size back down it's all there.

Back
Top Bottom