Seattle II Setlist Bitch and Thread Party - PART TWO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
knox said:
City Of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Vertigo
Elevation
Gloria
The Ocean
New Year's Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Bad [Ruby Tuesday snippet]
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways

All Because Of You
Original Of The Species
Vertigo [2]

If so, that's quite a show. I'd venture to say the best setlist of the tour, although the exemption of "40" is a tough one to bear.

knox said:
City Of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Vertigo
Elevation
Gloria
The Ocean
New Year's Day
Miracle Drug
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways

All Because Of You
Original Of The Species
Vertigo [2]

I knew it! The Ocean!

And they better play 40! But bring on 11 O'clock Tick Tock first!

hmmm... maybe U2 will be the halftime act during the NBA playoffs... and that's why they played 'vertigo' twice, b/c they're going to use concert footage?

they did this with boston footage back in 2001...

i just can't imagine why they'd play vertigo twice, unless it was for TV or something... :huh:

Did they not play 40?

That just totally changes the note at the end of the show...like let's break the guitars and walk off the stage.

knox said:
City Of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Vertigo
Elevation
Gloria
The Ocean
New Year's Day
Miracle Drug
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways

All Because Of You
Original Of The Species
Vertigo [2]

The Ocean?? Wow - this is THE fucking setlist now.

Lila64 said:
I remember in Vegas opening night of Popmart in Vegas where they came out on the tip of the runway(?) and set up to play 'Staring At The Sun'. They started playing, and then stopped because something was not right. Then they restarted

I just d/l'd that earlier this week and converted it to WAVE file to listen to...was it just me, or was that show "cringe-worthy"? Maybe I got a bad copy of it or something...

knox said:
City Of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Vertigo
Elevation
Gloria
The Ocean
New Year's Day
Miracle Drug
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways

All Because Of You
Original Of The Species
Vertigo [2]

:up: : The Ocean being played

:down: : 40 not being played

Lila64 said:
CTU2fan - you've got mail (probably lots by morning, LOL)

I've created a monster...but a TRADE monster, which is a good thing :)

I kind of like the idea of the show ending on all of the

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah"s!!

YEAH!!!

OK, if there was no 40, that rather changes my opinion on things.

walkon11 said:

I just d/l'd that earlier this week and converted it to WAVE file to listen to...was it just me, or was that show "cringe-worthy"? Maybe I got a bad copy of it or something...

Cringe-worthy? I don't remember it being that bad. They were supposedly way under-rehearsed for the tour (which I found out later). I love U2 and walking out of that stadium my friends were all talking about how great they were. I still thought it was good, but not one of their better shows per se. I don't own many live recordings so I couldn't judge....

Having been to 3 shows so far...I think it's great that they changed the end....I love 40 but the crowd for the most part was just clueless to the song. I wouldn't want this to be the way they end most shows but glad to see it be different.

it was only one show, but that sucks no 40.

Strange to close with Vertigo, such a full throttle song, it ends, and then goodbye??

Harbinger said:
Hey Axver, oh master setlist generork, what isa/re the song/s that have both opened and closed a show (no restrictions on type of show or tour or anything)?

The Ocean, 11 O'clock Tick Tock, Elevation, and Vertigo. Check the link in my signature to U2 concert openers and closers - once there, click the link to the trivia and I make a small note on it.

Lila64 said:

Cringe-worthy? I don't remember it being that bad. They were supposedly way under-rehearsed for the tour (which I found out later). I love U2 and walking out of that stadium my friends were all talking about how great they were. I still thought it was good, but not one of their better shows per se. I don't own many live recordings so I couldn't judge....

The recording I have is quite good, but the performance wasn't. Though not really any different from any first night...they usually take awhile to get warmed up.

Lila64 said:

Yeah, perhaps it was just the first time listening to it...it does sound a lot less polished than the later PopMart concerts (I LOVE the bootlegs from this tour). I think SATS was pretty funny...

"We're just having a family row"...

Back
Top Bottom