Seattle I Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No spoken words said:

We were there briefly, we had to drive to Chicago the next morning, but we liked what we saw.

And, seeing the Arch in person was great, it's quite imposing in person, and that's coming from someone that grew up in a city laden with large structures.

There was just something about it.

My Dad liked Steak N' Shake, I stuck with White Castle. :)

haha i wouldnt eat white castle before a long car ride

youd have to stop every 10 mintues to use a restroom :wink:

My first ever concert was U2 in 1987. My parents were scared of me going to a concert, they had no idea who U2 were. When they popped up on the cover of Time, they relented and my Dad even drove us to the venue. :)

*Ally* said:

i'm sorry, dayglo... you'll have a GREAT time regardless! and at least they're letting you do GA- i seriously doubt my parents would have agreed to that when i was a teenager. so, i know it kinda sucks... but you'll end up having a blast i'm sure! :hug: :up:

I know...but I'd have an even better time with my friend. She's just as U2 crazy as me.

No spoken words said:

We were there briefly, we had to drive to Chicago the next morning, but we liked what we saw.

And, seeing the Arch in person was great, it's quite imposing in person, and that's coming from someone that grew up in a city laden with large structures.

There was just something about it.

My Dad liked Steak N' Shake, I stuck with White Castle. :)

the arch is quite fun to look at - just don't look right up at the base when you are drunk at the VP fair - :huh:

steak n shake sober:drool:
white castle not sober :drool:

No spoken words said:
My first ever concert was U2 in 1987. My parents were scared of me going to a concert, they had no idea who U2 were. When they popped up on the cover of Time, they relented and my Dad even drove us to the venue. :)

Was that at the coliseum?

I'm so glad they weren't doing GA when I saw my first U2 show when I was 14, lol.

My first day of high school coincided with my first U2 show! I doubt my parents would have let me miss it to wait in line all day. ;)

My Dad to this day says he couldn't "stand all the noise" (his favorite band is the Stones and when I took him to see them a couple of years ago he said it was the best show he's ever seen, go figure, lol) and made me and my friend leave before the lights came up. *sniffs*

trish0860 said:

Was that at the coliseum?

I was living in The Bronx at the time, this was at Brendan Byrne Arena, now known as Continental Airlines Arena. I was 16, my parents were freaked out, but, wow, that was THE night of my young life......until the prom the next year. :)

daygloeyes2 said:

I know...but I'd have an even better time with my friend. She's just as U2 crazy as me.

hmmm... maybe you could try to score a 3rd GA, and then you could go w/ your brother AND your friend? that would be fantastic!! :up:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'm so glad they weren't doing GA when I saw my first U2 show when I was 14, lol.

My first day of high school coincided with my first U2 show! I doubt my parents would have let me miss it to wait in line all day. ;)

My Dad to this day says he couldn't "stand all the noise" (his favorite band is the Stones and when I took him to see them a couple of years ago he said it was the best show he's ever seen, go figure, lol) and made me and my friend leave before the lights came up. *sniffs*

was this Zoo TV? i saw that when i was 14, too- i seroiusly think it changed my life! :wink:

No spoken words said:

I was living in The Bronx at the time, this was at Brendan Byrne Arena, now known as Continental Airlines Arena. I was 16, my parents were freaked out, but, wow, that was THE night of my young life......until the prom the next year. :)

:D

Diane L said:

U2 and baseball...two of the finest things in life.

Especially Yankees baseball. :D

I saw U2 at Yankee Stadium during the Zoo TV Outside broadcasts. Can you imagine my glee? I took the 4 train to a U2 concert, it was insane!

*Ally* said:

hmmm... maybe you could try to score a 3rd GA, and then you could go w/ your brother AND your friend? that would be fantastic!! :up:

Actually, I'm trying to get tickets for the Boston shows in May so we can go together :). No luck yet though. :sad:

daygloeyes2 said:

Actually, I'm trying to get tickets for the Boston shows in May so we can go together :). No luck yet though. :sad:

oh that would be great! i will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you!! also, if you don't have anything the day of the shows, you could always head down and wait out by the box office. they usually release tickets the day of the show- though you might not get GAs... anyway, good luck!!! :up:

No spoken words said:

I saw U2 at Yankee Stadium during the Zoo TV Outside broadcasts. Can you imagine my glee? I took the 4 train to a U2 concert, it was insane!

I saw one of those shows too!!! At that time, I lived in Astoria, Queens, and went to several Yankees games every season (tickets were also priced very reasonably...I think the top ticket was $25, and I used to go by myself and sit about 5 rows up from home plate.) Anyway, it was so much fun being in a familiar place for a different type of event!

At one point, Bono sang, "I dreamed I saw Joe DiMaggio/Dancing with Marilyn Monroe." He also name-checked Mickey Mantle.

Wouldn't you know, though...Buck Showalter, who was the manager then, got annoyed because the field was ripped up from fans standing on it during the show! He always was quite the control freak...

Great memories!

yeah i dont know how long i will last 2nite either...besides one of my fave music programs comes in at 11:30 or 12....Austin City Limits....last week they had the Pixies....it was amazing! Joey Santiago is an amazing guitarist....not a great performer (he moves less than Adam..lol)...and Damien Rice was on a couple weeks ago and words dont begin....

*Ally* said:

oh that would be great! i will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you!! also, if you don't have anything the day of the shows, you could always head down and wait out by the box office. they usually release tickets the day of the show- though you might not get GAs... anyway, good luck!!! :up:

Thanks! At this point I could care less where we sit, I just want to go because if I have to wait til Decmeber to see them I'll go crazy!

Mullen-Girl said:
yeah i dont know how long i will last 2nite either...besides one of my fave music programs comes in at 11:30 or 12....Austin City Limits....last week they had the Pixies....it was amazing! Joey Santiago is an amazing guitarist....not a great performer (he moves less than Adam..lol)...and Damien Rice was on a couple weeks ago and words dont begin....

woops sorry guys - that post was from me........I didnt know my lady was still signed in.

sorry

Hello everyone, I am here now! 35-40 minutes until the show starts, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom