Scalper report

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheFly40

The Fly
Some ass is scalping two MSG 10/8 tickets (not even GA's) for a starting bid of $1750--"Buy Now" for $1995???

The best part is there's a whole disclaimer in red stating:

"I reserve the right to cancel bids...DUE TO A FEW SCAMMERS AND IRRESPONSIBLE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO HAVE MADE THIS NECESSARY, SORRY, NOT LOOKING TO DISCOURAGE NEWCOMERS, JUST THOSE WHO DON'T TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY."

What a douche!

Here's the link--how can he be shut down?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16122&item=6517412199&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

TheFly40 said:
Some ass is scalping two MSG 10/8 tickets (not even GA's) for a starting bid of $1750--"Buy Now" for $1995???

The best part is there's a whole disclaimer in red stating:

"I reserve the right to cancel bids...DUE TO A FEW SCAMMERS AND IRRESPONSIBLE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO HAVE MADE THIS NECESSARY, SORRY, NOT LOOKING TO DISCOURAGE NEWCOMERS, JUST THOSE WHO DON'T TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY."

What a douche!

Here's the link--how can he be shut down?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16122&item=6517412199&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I think his price will shut his own auction down. No one is paying that much for tickets when you can get them a million other places for much much cheaper.

Someone actually paid $2550 for a pair of 5/21 MSG GAs on ebay. Incredible. The seller even charged $15 for shipping. The seller wasn't a broker, and the ID of the biddders was kept private. I'm guessing the buyer was a broker, because I've seen some brokers trying to sell these tix for $1750 each and the best reserved seats for over $3000!

If you're dumb enough to buy tickets at such a price, you deserve to lose the money.

A lot of these tix are being bought by brokers. Why would they pay so much? Because they have a wealthy client willing to pay even more. People who are too busy to bother searching TM or ebay. When money isn't an object...why waste your time? As for it being illegal, reporting it to ebay, etc. I checked out their policies. For MSG there is no restriction on the sale of tix as long as the seller doesn't live in NY. There are restrictions on how much NY residents can bid in such an auction, but non-NY bidders have no restriction. A buyer in CA could pay $5000 for a ticket to MSG from a seller in Texas if they wanted...stupid, but apparently not illegal. The rules/laws vary from state to state of course. If you live in FL for example, it's illegal to sell tix to events in FL over face plus fees. The same is true in Illinois, unless you're a licensed broker in IL...then you can sell tix for any price you want.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom