Sao Paulo II Setlist Watch and Party, Part Dos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I called my carrier, Cingular, and he said it was 10 cents out to text, 20 to receive. So I tried sending Victor a message - we'll see if I dialed correctly, after the '55' for the country code...

MTEdge said:
Here's what they played. Full Story to follow: :wink:

01. City Of Blinding Lights
02. Vertigo
03. Elevation
04. Until The End Of The World
05. New Year's Day
06. The First Time
07. Desire
08. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
09. Beautiful Day
10. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
11. Love And Peace Or Else
12. Sunday Bloody Sunday
13. Bullet The Blue Sky
14. Miss Sarajevo
15. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
16. Where The Streets Have No Name
17. One
18. Zoo Station
19. The Fly
20. Mysterious Ways
21. With or Without You
22. Yahweh
23. All I Want Is You
24. Love Rescue Me

End

ETS: 24. Love Rescue Me has not been confirmed... yet.

What a cool setlist! :hyper:

I'm off for a bit to eat dinner/watch TV. I texted Victor, so if he answers, I'll come back and post.

Goodnight all
6.gif

setlist peeps, i need to get to bed too. I am cry! no riddles for me tonight

Good setlist, a little surprising. I like ending with All I Want Is You, that is a great idea. I'm assuming that LRM was just a snippet at the end of All I Want? Also, was Desire acoustic or full band electric? I'm guessing acoustic guitars. Still though, nice to see some changes for just a two night stadium stand. Its a shame this wasnt broadcast though also. Two more broadcasts, lets hope they are not identical setlists to Sao Paulo 1 (which was a good setlist, would be cool to have different setlists for each though)

Last edited:
DignityPassesBy said:
I WANT MIRACLE DRUG BACK!!!

I don't really think it was that good live. :shrug:

I hope U2 keep playing Fast Cars and Crumbs From Your Table though. :up:

here's what u2.com has posted for tonight's setlist...:huh:
City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Until The End of the World
New Year’s Day
Still Haven’t Found
Beautiful Day
Stuck in a Moment
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride in the Name of Love
Where the Streets Have No Name
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
With or Without You

All Because of You
Original of the Species

love2bmama said:
here's what u2.com has posted for tonight's setlist...:huh:
City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Until The End of the World
New Year’s Day
Still Haven’t Found
Beautiful Day
Stuck in a Moment
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride in the Name of Love
Where the Streets Have No Name
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
With or Without You

All Because of You
Original of the Species

That was yesterday.

DignityPassesBy said:
I loved it ... Yea i'd like the hear crumbs and fast cars also and i want please or at least something from pop ... Mofo is looking less likely now

I really didn't like the strings they put at the end of Miracle Drug live, though I believe they were later removed. I honestly can't remember if they were there at my gigs in Boston! :lol:

Something off Pop would be awesome. I'm a bit sad that Mofo hasn't appeared live just because it's such a great song and it would really rock. I wouldn't go writing Mofo off yet though, considering today's unexpected appearance of Desire!

hmm, u2.com's set does seem more likely, yet identical to yesterdays would also be a bit of a (negative) surprise

love2bmama said:
It says tonight, Feb. 21 (or 21 Feb, if you will...)

I mean, we KNOW u2.com didn't mess up or anything:huh:

It's for Sao Paulo I. I'm not sure what timezone they're on - Sao Paulo I didn't even end until about midnight local time I believe, so it's understandable for the report to be dated as the 21st.

There's no report for the second show yet. Just one for the first.

RA-D said:
hmm, u2.com's set does seem more likely, yet identical to yesterdays would also be a bit of a (negative) surprise

IT IS NOT FOR TODAY'S SHOW!

Do the briefest amount of searching and you will see U2.com has only reported on ONE Sao Paulo show. The first one.

They are yet to report on the second show.

Edit: check out the Mexico City set reports too. They're both dated the day after the gigs actually took place.

love2bmama said:
It says tonight, Feb. 21 (or 21 Feb, if you will...)

I mean, we KNOW u2.com didn't mess up or anything:huh:

yeah good ole reliable u2.com...:huh: Their wording is crap but this was posted this morning and was in reference to last nite's show..Sao Paulo 1 even though it wasn't made clear..:|

Axver said:

IT IS NOT FOR TODAY'S SHOW!

Do the briefest amount of searching and you will see U2.com has only reported on ONE Sao Paulo show. The first one.

They are yet to report on the second show.

point taken, point taken :wink:

(who else wants a go?)

Axver said:

Something off Pop would be awesome. I'm a bit sad that Mofo hasn't appeared live just because it's such a great song and it would really rock. I wouldn't go writing Mofo off yet though, considering today's unexpected appearance of Desire!

Not so sure about Mofo. Unless there are reports of them soundchecking it. Its not one they can do off the cuff like they can a song like Desire (which again, I'm assuming was acoustic, anyone know?)

What is odd about Mofo was that it was worked on during the third leg up until the spring/summer 06 N. American tour was up in the air. Once that was officially a no go, they stopped working on it. Just a theory, maybe they were working on it for something new if they came back to N. America to do stadiums. :shrug:

I think it would be cool if its done, but they would be working on it in soundcheck if they were planning to do it anytime soon. Has anyone seen any soundcheck reports anywhere? What I have seen is the standard setlist rehearsal and nothing new.

ok....it's late also for me...it's 4.10 am....i need to sleep , tomorrow i have class at 9 am...

thank u for the great night...it was a great setlist...also if they didn't play love rescue me...
i will find out the setlist tomorrow afternoon.....

i will check with my friend in chile if she is going to the concert or if she is staying at home, maybe watching it...maybe i will ask her to update it with me in msn....and then i will write here...
but i'm not sure what she is going to do!!!

anyway..thank u!!!!!!
great night!!!!

see u sunday!!!
have a nice week and take care!!!
:wave: :wave:

Blue Room said:

Not so sure about Mofo. Unless there are reports of them soundchecking it. Its not one they can do off the cuff like they can a song like Desire (which again, I'm assuming was acoustic, anyone know?)

No information yet on how Desire was played, unfortunately.

I think it would be cool if its done, but they would be working on it in soundcheck if they were planning to do it anytime soon. Has anyone seen any soundcheck reports anywhere? What I have seen is the standard setlist rehearsal and nothing new.

Reports from the two Mexico City concerts said The Fly, Fast Cars, In A Little While, and Miracle Drug were soundchecked.

wahey, seems i stayed up later than francy for once! Time for my own 4 hours kip now, francy, drop me a line tomorrow and we'll sort you out

Axver said:

Reports from the two Mexico City concerts said The Fly, Fast Cars, In A Little While, and Miracle Drug were soundchecked.

All songs that have been done on the tour. Nothing new there. Although I wonder if In A Little While was the full band version they did in Toronto and Vegas or the maxi snippet they did some on the remainder of the third leg.

Back
Top Bottom