Sao Paulo II Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really loving these South American setlists; the Until-->NYD combination has always been one of my favorites! And now Desire!

:has been DYING for a bootleg to show up on U2torrents:

ramblin rose said:
theedge111 just posted on the av forum that a DVD of last night's show is up on Dime. :drool:
18 days till departure for NZ... :hyper:

Yay Desire! Although it being right by The First Time makes me fear it was accoustic a la Popmart. :(

Halup said:
Lila, I don´t know if you saw it but I posted on the Hawaii thread that yesterday I met Craig Evens from TNA before they let us into the stadium and he confirmed to me that there will be only 1 show in Hawaii. That´s as official as we´ll ever get.

sounds likely coming from Craig. I have to say, though, you also said the Sao Paolo show almost got cancelled/postponed and that is totally unsubstantiated. It gets people upset and worried for absolutely no reason :shame:

ramblin rose said:
theedge111 just posted on the av forum that a DVD of last night's show is up on Dime. :drool:

We taped the show off of Globo TV last night and I´ve only watched parts of it, but it´s strange in that some songs have the lyrics subtitled in Portuguese on the screen, while others do not. It´s kind of silly to have any subtitles at all.

no idea about Oasis RA-D - check their fan site and get back to me :wink:

and thanks kelly, in advance :wink:

Letsparty1.gif

oh and Halup - who is Craig / TNA?

topplehatU2 said:
Yay Desire! Although it being right by The First Time makes me fear it was accoustic a la Popmart. :(

Yeah, wedging Desire between The First Time and SYCMIOYO seems kind of odd, especially if it's played "properly".

Axver said:

How many more shows do you really need? :eyebrow:

oh, many more. and of course, I'm coming to NZ just to irritate you :sexywink:

ETA: I tried to get a campaign going to get all the Americans to buy up every ticket in the stadium. We made sure to leave a couple for you :wink:

what will be the difference between the DIME version of the show and what Almagnyzoid (sp?-sorry) will be putting up for torrent? Anyone know?

ruffian said:

sounds likely coming from Craig. I have to say, though, you also said the Sao Paolo show almost got cancelled/postponed and that is totally unsubstantiated. It gets people upset and worried for absolutely no reason :shame:

I´m only saying that about the cancellation because it was reported by Brazilian media. I knew nothing of the rumor until after we got back after the show. My girlfriends mother told her this, so she would only have heard this from either Globo TV or from a newspaper. It is a fact that Edge did not fly with the other 3 to São Paulo and people we know were outside th hotel and saw him arrive on Monday morning there. They reported that either he arrived at the airport around 5am or at the hotel at that time.

topplehatU2 said:
EVERYONE SUMMON DISCOTHEQUE!

Repeat: BOOM CHA.

bOOOOOOOOOOOOm cha

(wow, i'm actually chanting)

i hope there's an authored (menu etc) version of this show around soon so there aren't too many unauthored ones being traded.

Lila64 said:
what will be the difference between the DIME version of the show and what Almagnyzoid (sp?-sorry) will be putting up for torrent? Anyone know?

This version is probably not the best we'll get. It's very compressed.

Gen. Chat said:

Odd choices but at least they're mixing things up. First Time performed at a stadium show? :huh:

Yeah, I'm struggling to imagine The First Time in a stadium, but maybe Bono managed to lead it as some kind of singalong? We'll find out how successful or otherwise it was if it sticks around in the set!

Desire appearing gives me a bit of hope for One Tree Hill. And it'll be interesting to see if Mothers Of The Disappeared is done in Chile/Argentina.

Axver said:
And it'll be interesting to see if Mothers Of The Disappeared is done in Chile/Argentina.

I sure hope it is...

What a treat that would be for the fans, you know? God, I love those PopMart boots.

thanks rosa - so in other words if we want a good version, it will pop up later, right?

SETLIST:

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Beautiful Day
First Time "In a version more acoustic"
Desire {YES!!!}
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love & Peace Or Else