Sao Paulo II Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Preferably none.

If people must come on stage, they could at least do something useful like play guitar.

humph
I know secretly you're letting the paint dry on the huge Bono Dance with me sign - I'm counting on Rosa and Ruff to get some great pictures of you on stage :wink:

Lila64 said:
I found a zip file of part one of last night's show. Would this just be audio? It's 34.9MB :hmm:

I'd think the video would be in the hundreds of MBs...I could be wrong though.

nurse chrissi said:

humph
I know secretly you're letting the paint dry on the huge Bono Dance with me sign - I'm counting on Rosa and Ruff to get some great pictures of you on stage :wink:

If I'm on stage, it will be to do a solo duel with Edge during 11 O'clock Tick Tock. :drool:

He can play the black Fender Strat and I'll take the Gibson Explorer. That'd be one hell of a guitar duel.

nurse chrissi said:

humph

You can count on us. :lmao:

for Diane....
crossfingers.gif

timtam.jpg

054.gif

Axver said:

If I'm on stage, it will be to do a solo duel with Edge during 11 O'clock Tick Tock. :drool:

He can play the black Fender Strat and I'll take the Gibson Explorer. That'd be one hell of a guitar duel.

as long as the sign reads "I'm 5'2", blonde and able to play party girl on a guitar" you should have no problem getting up on stage, it's your show from then on.................

Axver said:

No-one needs to go to that many shows. Really, what's your total for this tour, past 40 or something? That's insane. I'd imagine most people would both 1. go broke and 2. get fired for never being at work.

As much as I love U2, it's not like they consist of Jesus, Moses, Muhammad, and Buddha.

1. It isn't up to you to prescribe what anyone "needs" or does not need.

2. It isn't your concern about whether I'll be fired or go broke. Clearly, neither has happened.

3. Enjoying this tour doesn't mean I think of U2 in religious terms. It's been a great year, and when I was in college and graduate school I couldn't go anywhere or do anything for many years because I was broke and working all the time. I've made amazing friends, traveled to places I've never been, and have had the time of my life.

What's not to like about that? I don't think you'd turn down the opportunity if someone offered it to you.

ramblin rose said:

You can count on us. :lmao:

Don't worry, if you take horrible photos of me, I'll just direct those hordes of anti-American Kiwis in your direction. :evil: :wink:

Axver, lay off of Ruffian. No need to be like that. There's enough U2 to go around for everybody!

ruffian said:

2. It isn't your concern about whether I'll be fired or go broke. Clearly, neither has happened.

3. Enjoying this tour doesn't mean I think of U2 in religious terms. It's been a great year, and when I was in college and graduate school I couldn't go anywhere or do anything for many years because I was broke and working all the time. I've made amazing friends, traveled to places I've never been, and have had the time of my life.

What's not to like about that? I don't think you'd turn down the opportunity if someone offered it to you.

4_17_10.gif

ruffian said:

This is all well and good, to be sure. But how does panopticism factor in...? Surely there's a connection somewhere of far more relevance than this gibber-jabber back-and-forth nonsense.

Gen. Chat said:

Jesus would be the singer in that group. :shifty:
But he was a carpenter. That screams drummer to me. :wink:

Actually... Jesus would play all the instruments by himself.
"How are you doing that?!"
"lol, i'm jesus."

i was speaking about the boot of this night...but if we can organize something for santiago it would be great!!!
i have a friend in chile , she recorded the concert on tv during pop mart tour...but i don't know if she will be at home this weekend,

U2Fanatic4ever said:
so what is the deal... I heard that the media or something was reportedly rumored that Edge's daughter was sick.. and that is why he came seperately? anyone know?... Is this what is being referred to in halup's post?

I arrived back in Sao Paulo from Rio on Sunday afternoon and a friend of my girlfriend had gone to the airport when the band, minus Edge, arrived there. She got a cd signed by Adam and Larry and took some photos of them and Bono. She told my girlfriend that Edge supposedly went back to Los Angeles after Mexico City due to complications with his daughter. There have been some links to Spanish language reports of this, so I don´t know if these reports were how my girlfriends friend heard this or not. It was all news to me. She also reported that Bono had gone to Brasilia to meet Pres. Lula and also that the band will go to Bahia, at the invitation of Gilberto Gil, to spend Carnaval there. This was what Bono was alluding to tonight when he mentioned Gil and going to Salvador, Bahia.

Other of my girlfriends friends were spending a lot of time at the hotel the band are staying at. They saw Edge when he arrived there early on Monday morning.

Brazilian media reported that the show was almost cancelled or postponed. I have no idea what their source was, but they reported it, correctly or incorrectly. I believe that Edge always intended to be there in time for the show, but if the reports for his arriving separately from the band are true, then maybe it was possible as a worst case scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom