Sao Paulo I Setlist Watch and Party Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks again to AmagnyZoid and zoofred for trying to hook us up. I know they were working on it for a while :bow:

Thanks to francy for updates as well, and ntal for photos :bow:

Thanks for the par-tay everyone. Time for a break :wave:

time for 4 hours sleep methinks, g'night to y'all (will dream of the proshot and remember that I can't torrent tonight)

Lila64 said:
Thanks again to AmagnyZoid and zoofred for trying to hook us up.
What Lila said!

and thanks in advance for the recording!

AmagnyZoid said:
i'll put the DVD together tomorrow. And will upload right after its done.

:up:

cleazer said:
What Lila said!

and thanks in advance for the recording!

What Cleazer and Lila said. The photos were incredible, as well.

G'night all. I've got a presentation to work on...:(

Thanks everyone who brought Brazil to the setlist party. Much appreciated and I anxiously await the video... :hyper:

Hey y'all! :wave:

Exactly as I thought.
Got home right when the TV show finished.

So what was it like?
Did it look good, AmagnyZoid?

AmagnyZoid said:
No song was interrupted. We have a nice boot DVD.

:up:

That's great.

:drool:

AmagnyZoid said:
I'll put the DVD together tomorrow. And will upload right after its done.

Woohoo!
Awesome.

:applaud:

And thank you.

:bow:

I'm going to watch Back to the Future Part II and go to sleep

g'night all :wave:

SORRY ABOUT THE LACK OF THE SETLIST! :sad:

There was NO SIGNAL during the hole show.

Get the DVD as soon as it get torrented. Best U2 concert ever! :wink:

Was there a "backup" source??

We had backup, victor...AmagnyZoid and also francy kept us going and zoofred even got us a little audio stream of the encore from the broadcast, so all went well. :)

Pop Artist said:
We had backup, victor...AmagnyZoid and also francy kept us going and zoofred even got us a little audio stream of the encore from the broadcast, so all went well. :)

good. i don't feel that gulty now.

I will be in Sao Paulo II, got tickets yesterday. I'll try again be a source again. I hope my cellphone signal don't get cut again.
Keep checking the website!

Maybe U2 asked to block my phone once I was sharing inside info... :ohmy:

:wink:

Bed now. Bye. :wave:

U2-2006-02-20-SaoPaulo-cover0001-sa.jpg

Where's the dvd torrent again?

there's already artwork? :ohmy: Who wants to B&P the DVD for me? :sexywink:

Here's a review/article from UOL, translated into English thru Google:

21/02/2006 - 00h12
U2 promotes catarse with night of successes in the Morumbi
LUIZ CESAR PIMENTEL
UOL Music

This text could have been written before 21h39 of the monday (20), schedule where the four integrant ones of the U2 had stepped on palco of the stadium of the Morumbi, in São Paulo, in the first one of the two shows Brazilian of turnê "Vertigo". After all, all the steps of the biggest band pop of the world in the present time, that locks up the Brazilian leg of turnê in this terça, in the same place, very follow a well-written script.

But, despite the spotless preparation and production, it would be unjust with the band, who promoted would histeria collective, and with the public, whom each one of 23 musics of the show sang as if it was last of the bis - the type of night that, in the musical scene pop, only John, Paul, George and Ringo must have known in the height of the Beatlemania.

Of the wild race for one of the 73 a thousand ingressions for each one of the nights, that had depleted in few hours, of the basic set-list of the presentation, of the cenográficos details, known for each fan for the recent presentation in Chicago launched in DVD ("Vertigo 2005"), of the speeches and words of order of the Messias of music pop, frontman Bono Vox, and of the satisfied smiles of the spectators to 23h57, to the end of the presentation -- everything is previsible. But the difference that the U2 presents is not the imprevisibilidade, but the quality.

The balzaquiana Irish band does not need to enter in the custom of the dinossauros of the rock, general way folloied in unisonous in one hit of last decades and for applauses of stimulaton, of the type "this-be-fraquinha-but-for-all-the-its-past-I-applaud-for-give-that one-force" when they touch some song of records most recent.

The SHOW
They had initiated the presentation in the Morumbi, for example, with the entire stadium urrando three recent musics -- "City of Blinding Lights", "Vertigo" and "Elevation" - -, had come back a little in the time with "Until the End of the World", of 1991, and had amended behind with a music of 23 years, "New Year's Day", of the War record, 1983. Despite the pull of almost one room of century in the time, the enthusiasm of the public remained unchanged, and many times the shouts of this had surpassed the sonorous mass that emanated of palco.

A fan perceives that I am journalist and cries out in my ear: "He writes that the U2 is the eighth wonder of the world".

Bono is thankful of palco the band of opening, Franz Ferdinand, and plays that of the next time they will be they to open the concert of the escoceses.

"Pantry of the World. We go to gain hexa. U2 is Irish, but God is Brazilian ", he speaks in intelligible Portuguese, and the band starts "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking Will be".

The singer one more time plays in Portuguese pulling the choir of "Ai, ai, ai, ai, tá arriving the hour" as introduction for "Beautiful Day".

The baterista Larry Mullen and the stock exchange operator Adam Clayton rest while Bono makes duo with the guitarist The Edge in a version acoustics of "Stuck in the Moment (You Can't Get Out Of)".

To the memory of the father of the vocalista, died recently, it is dedicated "Sometimes You Can't Make on Your Own".

The entire band walks in passarelas in the way public it and in the way them fans touch "Love and Peace on Earth". In the sequence, the music most famous of the band, "Sunday Bloody Sunday". Bono pulls the choir religious anti-intolerância with a band with the one star-of-davi and the cross catholic in the head.

After "Bullet the Blue Sky", Bono (without the cooperation of Luciano Pavarotti) pulls a fan of the auditorium, Enrique, to help to it to sing it "Miss Sarajevo", while the telão shows the Declaration of the Human Rights - it in leaves for "Pride" public it to sing with faith the refrão "the name of love".

After "Where the Streets Have in the Name", Bono asks for that all raise the cellular telephones, the lights if erase and the stadium is taken by the lights of the devices. The vocalista makes a speech for the equality and against the poverty and sings first verses of "One".

The band leaves scene.

But in few minutes they come back with three musics of the 1991 record, "Achtung Baby": "Zoo Station", "The Fly" and "Mysterious Ways".

Bono sings "With or Without You" hugged the Patrician fan, chosen of the auditorium to go up to palco. After music, the band leaves palco one more time.

Plus some minutes and they return with "All Because of You". They still touch two musics -- "Original of the Species" and "40" -- and leave palco in the turn for the tuesday dawn, to 23h57 after two hours of 18 minutes of spectacle and under a choir of the auditorium that it insists so that they come back one more time. But of this time the show finishes and the lights if they light.

SUCCESS TRAJECTORY
The explanation for so great commotion is that the band knew to reinventar itself during three decades. In each one, it launched at least one of ten better records of the period. In years 1980, the contribution came with "Joshua Tree", of 1987, that it transformed them into megastars. In years 1990, they had remodelled pop with "Achtung Baby", of 1991, for many the best work of them. E had opened the doors of century 21 with "All That You Can't Leave Behind", of 2000.

Moreover, the group arrives its thirty years of career with an enviable profile:

- They at least complete three decades of career without low one in the formation;

- Venderam more than 120 million copies of its 12 records (one of them to the living creature, "Under the Blood Red Sky", of 1983);

- Of 12 records, only one it is considered almost that unanimemente weak, "Pop", of 1997;

- In 2005, the vocalista Bono Vox was elect "Person of the Year" for the American magazine "Teams" and was indicated to the prize Nobel of the Peace for its cruzade for the pardon of the debt of the poor countries and for the combat to the dissemination of the HIV in Africa.

Charisma of Bono and its together prestige the leaders politicians was proven in the last sunday (19), when the singer was received in Brasilia for president Lula. Soon in the airport, Bono was received by fans and a band that asked for to its indication the secretary-generality of the ONU.

The proper singer declared, in the end of the passed year, that already arrived to have fear of that its enrollment confused its career with the band and that it finished being banishes from the group. But, to the end, its friends of band had understood that for Bono palco is small excessively.

some pics here: http://www.u2tours.com/displaymedia.src?ID=20060220&XID=9954&Return=

Main Set: City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Elevation, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Beautiful Day, Stuck In a Moment You Can't Get Out Of (acoustic), Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love and Peace or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet the Blue Sky, Miss Sarajevo, Pride, Where the Streets Have No Name, One

Encore(s): Zoo Station, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, With or Without You, All Because of You, Norwegian Wood, Original of the Species, 40

Comments: It's U2's first show in S. America since 1998, and the concert airs on Brazilian TV. Bono drops in snippets of other sings throughout the show, including a bit of 'Jean Genie' before The Fly and some of 'Satisfaction' at the end of the same song. A female fan enjoys an intimate dance with Bono during Mysterious Ways and With or Without You. Bono thanks Brazil's president and promotes the country's Zero Hunger campaign at the start of 40.

Last edited:
Lila64 said:
The baterista Larry Mullen and the stock exchange operator Adam Clayton rest while Bono makes duo with the guitarist The Edge in a version acoustics of "Stuck in the Moment (You Can't Get Out Of)".

I love poor translation.

Back
Top Bottom