San Jose I Setlist Watch and Thread Party. Pt 2 (No spoilers or U2.com setlist posts)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono_man2002 said:

7 Shows in last tour, they still had the opening night set.

They mixed in alot (by U2 standards) Gone, Please, SATS, IWF, OOC, 11 O'Clock, Pride, Bad, Angel Of Harlen, IALW to name a few.

MrBrau1 said:

They mixed in alot (by U2 standards) Gone, Please, SATS, IWF, OOC, 11 O'Clock, Pride, Bad, Angel Of Harlen, IALW to name a few.

True.
But I was talking about the first 7 shows, they'd not played Please, 11O'clock, Out Of Control, Pride.
Pride Didnt make an apparence until Calgary.

MrBrau1 said:

Were they the exact same picks he used on the other shows? For the exact same songs?

:lol:
alright everyone, im Gone....LIKE THE CHANCE OF US GETTING VARIED SETLISTS!!!!

j/k see u guys tommorow night

MrBrau1 said:

Pride, OOC, 11 O'clock Tick Tock, and Please weren't played during the first seven shows. At the first few, they shuffled around the middle order a bit - in fact, what's happened now is pretty much what happened on Elevation. A few songs moved around, a couple in just for a bit ...

I hope we get some variety soon. I really do. For some reason, today has left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

But at least this isn't the Popmart Tour.

They played Stay/Gone/IWF on 6/17. And NYD/11 O'clock/OOC on 6/19. I was there. 3 song switches is all I ask. And those NYC switches were good ones. 3 songs. 3.

Last edited:
Axver said:

Pride, OOC, 11 O'clock Tick Tock, and Please weren't played during the first seven shows. At the first few, they shuffled around the middle order a bit - in fact, what's happened now is pretty much what happened on Elevation. A few songs moved around, a couple in just for a bit ...

I hope we get some variety soon. I really do. For some reason, today has left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

But at least this isn't the Popmart Tour.

You're wrong.

Last edited:
U2 never did acoustic during the early 80's. This Album and tour is about a return to those days...so screw the acoustic set, they don't need it. Did'nt need it then, don't need it now.

Axver said:

They played Stay/Gone/IWF on 6/17. And NYD/11 O'clock/OOC on 6/19. I was there. 3 song switches is all I ask. And those NYC switches were good ones. 3 songs. 3.

That would be NYC 1 and 2, with OOC and 11 O'clock being played. You said they weren't played.

MrBrau1 said:

That would be NYC 1 and 2, with OOC and 11 O'clock being played. You said they weren't played.

I think Axver means for the first 7 shows, as I was saying.

bono_man2002 said:

I think Axver means for the first 7 shows, as I was saying.

Right, he said they didn't play Pride, 11 O'Clock, or OOC at any of the 1st 7 shows. They played all those songs at the 1st 2.

MrBrau1 said:

Elevation Tour started in Miami, not in NYC.

First 2 shows were as follows:

Elevation Show 1:

Elevation
Beautiful Day
Until the End of the World
New Year's Day
Stuck In A Moment
Gone
Discotheque-Staring at the Sun
New York
I Will Follow
Sunday Bloody Sunday-Get Up Stand Up
Sweetest Thing
In A Little While
Ground Beneath Her Feet
Bad
Where the Streets Have No Name
Mysterious Ways
The Fly
Bullet the Blue Sky
With or Without You
One
Walk On

Elevation Show 2:

Elevation
Beautiful Day
Until the End of the World
Discotheque-Devil Inside-Staring at the Sun
Stuck In a Moment
New York
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday-Get Up Stand Up
Sweetest Thing
In A Little While
Angel of Harlem
Bad-Sympathy For the Devil
Where the Streets Have No Name
Mysterious Ways
The Fly
Bullet the Blue Sky
With or Without You
One-Unchained Melody
Walk On

Oh, I see. We were mixing up first shows of the WHOLE tour with shows in NYC.

They should mix it up (if you can call it that), like they did in NYC in June 01.

Last edited:
Axver said:

Oh, come on. :rolleyes:

It's obvious you weren't at the actual concert, and yet you're bitching about the setlist giving you a bad taste in your mouth? :rolleyes: How about concentrating on the actual performance rather than the number of new songs introduced? The band was ON tonight.

It must really suck not being able to enjoy a concert because they didn't switch enough songs around for you.

Diemen said:

Oh, come on. :rolleyes:

It's obvious you weren't at the actual concert, and yet you're bitching about the setlist giving you a bad taste in your mouth? :rolleyes: How about concentrating on the actual performance rather than the number of new songs introduced? The band was ON tonight.

It must really suck not being able to enjoy a concert because they didn't switch enough songs around for you.

BUT

U2 has the power to have millions of people all over the world enjoy all the shows even that they aren't at, and they're not using that power!

Setlist smetlist!! You all wont care once you're there and you experience the amazingness that is U2!!

This show freaking rocked!! :drool:

You know, I wouldn't have cared if they had played October in its entirety (OK, I would have a smidge ;) ). It was a freaking amazing show, and I consider myself extremely lucky to have even been there! :love:

When they did Running To Stand Still and Zoo Station I felt like I was 14 again and back at my very first show, lol. :up:

Agreed!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
You know, I wouldn't have cared if they had played October in its entirety (OK, I would have a smidge ;) ). It was a freaking amazing show, and I consider myself extremely lucky to have even been there! :love:

When they did Running To Stand Still and Zoo Station I felt like I was 14 again and back at my very first show, lol. :up:

It was a fantastic show last night. Some of the best seats I'd ever had and I just hope tonight is as good!

Back
Top Bottom