San Jose I Setlist Watch and Thread Party. Pt 2 (No spoilers or U2.com setlist posts)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
after All Because of You it's. . . . band intros ! they didn't do this at the Anaheim 1 show that i was at! cool!

its Yaweh right now

Why not just throw in the Laura Brannigan version of Gloria?

That would really shake things up.

If we're requesting...

Threw A Brick/A Day Without Me would be kickass...

I've been listening to War for the past few days...

Seconds, Like A Song, The Refugee, Two Hearts Beat As One, Surrender... :drool:

No 2 Hearst since 1989-12-27 Dublin right?

Shit, I would settle for a full band version of "Wild Honey", just give me something new fellas :wink:

bono_man2002 said:
Did Bono Scream on ABOY?....Hes only half done it, and that was at the Brooklyn Bridge Show.

Have you heard the 11/16/04 BBC performance? He does the full scream. I can send.

01. City Of Blinding Lights
02. Vertigo
03. Elevation
04. Electric Co.
05. The Ocean
06. New Years Day
07. Beautiful Day
08. Miracle Drug
09. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
10. Love And Peace Or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
12. Bullet The Blue Sky
13. Running To Stand Still
14. Zoo Station
15. The Fly
16. Mysterious Ways
17. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
18. Where The Streets Have No Name
19. One
20. All Because Of You
21. Yahweh

I wouldn't mind hearing some songs off of All That You Can't Leave Behind... Kite, Walk On, In A Little While...heck, maybe New York depending on my mood.

I love the rock chorus of that song, but the verses are boring as hell.

CTU2fan said:
No 2 Hearst since 1989-12-27 Dublin right?

Yep, 1989-12-27 was the last THBAO, and that performance itself is the only one since April 1985.

the lack of an acoustic set seems to cause a bit of a lack of variety

They could throw Please into that L&P/SBS/Bullet sequence too...

knox said:
I wouldn't mind hearing some songs off of All That You Can't Leave Behind... Kite, Walk On, In A Little While...heck, maybe New York depending on my mood.

I love the rock chorus of that song, but the verses are boring as hell.

They did play Stuck at the LA rehearsal and we know they practised New York, so ... maybe Stuck soon, and obviously New York in New York.

So, I was lucky enought to be at San Diego 2 to hear Gloria, but I've been wondering how come they have not played it since that night.:hmm: Bono does know the words to this one.

01. City Of Blinding Lights
02. Vertigo
03. Elevation
04. Electric Co.
05. The Ocean
06. New Years Day
07. Beautiful Day
08. Miracle Drug
09. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
10. Love And Peace Or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
12. Bullet The Blue Sky
13. Running To Stand Still
14. Zoo Station
15. The Fly
16. Mysterious Ways
17. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
18. Where The Streets Have No Name
19. One
20. All Because Of You
21. Yahweh
22. "40"

SkeeK said:
the lack of an acoustic set seems to cause a bit of a lack of variety

I'll take a lack of variety over a bloody acoustic set.

Axver said:

They did play Stuck at the LA rehearsal and we know they practised New York, so ... maybe Stuck soon, and obviously New York in New York.

forgot about that, It was interesting how they did it as well, bono on guitar and edge playing the keyboard. I'm surprised it hasnt appeared on the tour yet...I actually want to hear "Stuck"

Hold up....did i just say that?

u2valleygirl said:
So, I was lucky enought to be at San Diego 2 to hear Gloria, but I've been wondering how come they have not played it since that night.:hmm: Bono does know the words to this one.

They're busy perfecting it in seculusion so they can play it in Chicago, obviously.

Maybe the reason U2 want to charge $160 for tix is they know it will keep most people from attending more than one show, thus lowering the exposure of their "everyday" setlists? They've really become boring.

At least on Elevation you would see Gone, Discotheque/SATS, IWF, 11 O'Clock, or NYD switched in in the same city. They're pissing me off.

i am not concerned yet, but if they play the EXACT same setlist TOMORROW.... then i'll be a bit upset/worried. :)

here's hoping tomorrow there's a bit of variety!

u2valleygirl said:
So, I was lucky enought to be at San Diego 2 to hear Gloria, but I've been wondering how come they have not played it since that night.:hmm:

just u2 esperimenting, it might come out later on other dates but its doubtful dsince it has happened by now, b ut same happened with elevation tour (miami(), with pop songs...not sure of the titles now (too drunk)

*Ally* said:
i am not concerned yet, but if they play the EXACT same setlist TOMORROW.... then i'll be a bit upset/worried. :)

You read my mind, ally. was about to post the exact same thing. If they do the same list for SJ II as well, then I will start to be a little "nervous."

Back
Top Bottom