San Jose 2 setlist party thread Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gmplace0401 said:
what is with the immediate complaints?

They cut Zoo Station for OOTS when Elevation is still in the set.

Now, I'm glad to see OOTS and I also think Elevation's a good live song, but ZS was not the song to cut.

U2DMfan said:

what is with the immediate complaining about the complaints?

This has turned into the ultimate bitching and arguing thread so I'm not surprised.

While we're bitching:

I WILL NOT BE HAPPY UNTIL 11 O'CLOCK TICK TOCK IS IN THE SETLIST AND U2 PLAY MY SETS, DAMNIT! :rant: :mad: :madspit: :rant:

:wink:

RademR said:
I wish I was in the meeting before the show.

"Ok, we're going to play species, but which song goes.....Elevation??? Noooo. let's get rid of Zoo Station."

:edge:
Man, I'm tired of that damn slide thingy I have to do on Zoo Station. Can't I do it on a piano instead?

:bono:
Hey, let's just play Original Of The Species. We can do it like we did in Brooklyn, that worked pretty well.

:larry:
Ye gotta be feckin' kiddin' me.

:adam:
It's not always about you, little drummer boy. You just want to bang on your drums real loud.

Yeah, Edge wants to play piano, and I want to have a go on the guitar. Besides, Original Of The Species is a rockin' song, and we all know that Zoo Station has shitty lyrics and is repetative to the point of absurdity.

He's right.

:rockon:

One of these days, I'll jam a drumstick down yer throats while yer asleepin'.

I don't know, I think this decision to cut Zoo Station (for this SINGLE night mind you) in favor of a song like Elevation would of been made based fan familiarity. Personally, I'd keep the Zoo, but i think I see why it was cut so that a new song could make it out there.

I love the fact that this only goes to show us that there really is some real suprise when attending a U2 concert these days.

knox said:

Man, I'm tired of that damn slide thingy I have to do on Zoo Station. Can't I do it on a piano instead?

Hey, let's just play Original Of The Species. We can do it like we did in Brooklyn, that worked pretty well.

Ye gotta be feckin' kiddin' me.

It's not always about you, little drummer boy. You just want to bang on your drums real loud.

Yeah, Edge wants to play piano, and I want to have a go on the guitar. Besides, Original Of The Species is a rockin' song, and we all know that Zoo Station has shitty lyrics and is repetative to the point of absurdity.

He's right.

:rockon:

One of these days, I'll jam a drumstick down yer throats while yer asleepin'.

:lmao:

Roland of Gilead said:
I don't know, I think this decision to cut Zoo Station (for this SINGLE night mind you) in favor of a song like Elevation would of been made based fan familiarity. Personally, I'd keep the Zoo, but i think I see why it was cut so that a new song could make it out there.

I love the fact that this only goes to show us that there really is some real suprise when attending a U2 concert these days.

I think it was too much of a surprise though. They should have dropped a song that we could all agree on. Judging from the recent posts I can see Zoo Station returing very soon.

why does moan like a bitch during city of blinding light...AHHHH u look so beautiful AHHHHHHHHHHH u look so beautiful!!!! auditioning for vivid entertainment!!!

'Night, Radem.

tsweeney said:

I think it was too much of a surprise though. They should have dropped a song that we could all agree on. Judging from the recent posts I can see Zoo Station returing very soon.

Yep, because U2 really determine their sets by Interference threads.

Back
Top Bottom