San Jose 2 setlist party thread Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
namkcuR said:

Every song on Achtung Baby is superior to COBL. Even though COBL is very good.

You're dreaming. Zoochtung fan or not, you just can't say TTTYAATW is better than COBL.

And yes, the show's probably over now. Wonder what the set was ... this rather turned into an off-topic party.

knox said:
Why hasn'y anybody suggested sending Elevation to the chopping block? Is that suddenly no longer in vogue?

I think even the whingers got tired of whinging about that.

amaaw is awful... as for crumbs... i could write a better song myself... the guitar riff is cool, that is all... it's filler, i cant believe some people like it

Everyone knows Bono can't sing the chorus of Pride any more. On all the boots I've heard, though, he's done excellently on the verses, whereas on the last two tours, his entire Pride singing sounded completely tired.

Axver said:

It amazes me how some people rabidly hate AMAAW. I don't get it. It's not as if it's Wild Honey or In A Little While.

I hope AMAAW is played but I doubt it. Can't wait for them to play Crumbs, though.

Crumbs will be awesome.

A Man & A Woman is some of the laziest lyrical work from Bono. It's even worse than Some Days & Streets in that regards. Melodically its boring and musically its worse.

In A Little While, is quite funky - lyrically and conceptually awesome.

Wild Honey isn't without its charm - its similar to AMAAW...in the sense it will die a horrible death live.

I love Achtung Baby...but City Of Blinding Lights is easily a better song than most of the tracks on that record...

jeffschmid said:
amaaw is awful... as for crumbs... i could write a better song myself... the guitar riff is cool, that is all... it's filler, i cant believe some people like it

AMAAW is a great song. Crumbs is great lyrically, good but not great musically.

jeffschmid said:

Crumbs is probabley my favourite off HTDAAB
Write a song right now, and see if its better :)

timothius said:

Crumbs will be awesome.

A Man & A Woman is some of the laziest lyrical work from Bono. It's even worse than Some Days & Streets in that regards. Melodically its boring and musically its worse.

Oh for fuck's sake, are you kidding me? "I could never risk losing love to find romance" - that's lazy? It's rather deep, actually.

I thought most of you 'old-schoolers' would get your heads out of the past and realise some good music has been written since 1991

knox said:

You best not be dissin' In A Little While. :mad:

seriously- i love that song! bono's voice... :drool:

it's been fun, everyone! time for me to go to bed- so much for me only staying for the 1st hour. ;) see you all back here on thursday! :wave:

knox said:

You best not be dissin' In A Little While. :mad:

I am. If it weren't for the "a man takes a rocketship" verse, I would dislike it. I played it a day or two ago and cringed the entire time at how bad it is until it hits that verse.

Originally posted by namkcuR
Oh yes I can. I just did.

Now, I like you and I don't mean any offence, but either:

1. You don't have a clue,
2. You're insane,
or
3. You have no taste.

COBL is objectively a better song than the b-side that is TTTYAATW. End of discussion.

namkcuR said:

Oh for fuck's sake, are you kidding me? "I could never risk losing love to find romance" - that's lazy? It's rather deep, actually.

It's cutesy... I don't think its deep.

It's the beauty of music - some speaks to others more than others.

jeffschmid said:
i thought most of you die hards wouldn't really like that crap on the new album... guess i was wrong

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love And Peace Or Else and City Of Blinding Lights are great U2 songs that deserve to be up there with large portions of their back catalogue.

The rest of the album is just OK (by U2 standards, anyway), except for Original Of The Species, which is a pretty good song, but not great.

knox said:
I love Achtung Baby...but City Of Blinding Lights is easily a better song than most of the tracks on that record...

Nooooooo.

COBL is catchy, but everything on AB gives me chills. And everything on AB blows COBL out of the water lyrically.

*waits for Axver to produce his tired two lines from TTTYAATW*

Last edited:
jeffschmid said:
i thought most of you die hards wouldn't really like that crap on the new album... guess i was wrong

What crap on the new album? I think it's their second best ever, just behind UF and just ahead of JT.

Geez, these threads really degenerate when we don't have a setlist to slam. I think a lot of the people here need to pick up boxing or something.

:wink:

I think I'll interject here for those looking for a set list that we only know a little bit since our source left early...

Love & Peace
Vertigo
Elevation
The Electric Co
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
City Of Blinding Lights
missed song (prob. Beautiful Day)
Miracle Drug

Then City of Blinding Lights was played somewhere and the new song played tonight was Original of the Species...

If anyone has a complete setlist, please feel free to post it...

jeffschmid said:

can i post mp3s on this board somehow, cuz i will post some songs from my band i played with in high school that are better

You can post You Send Its. And we'll be honest with you about whether we like your song better than Crumbs....But the odds aren't on your side....

Axver said:

What crap on the new album? I think it's their second best ever, just behind UF and just ahead of JT.

Man, are you serious?

Have you heard War, Achtung Baby, Zooropa, and Pop? They're all better than How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb...

Back
Top Bottom