San Jose 2 setlist party thread Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still wondering why the hell ABOY is in the encore....makes sense to have it in the beginning or middle of the set to me.

Does anyone like it where it is?

RademR said:
I just hope they didn't take out "Yahweh" for OOTS, as it was played it the "latter stages."

Hmm. I'm not sure. They're probably finishing up 40 now, and the report appears to me to have come before they would have started Yahweh if playing the unaltered set we were expecting.

*Ally* said:
i think bono might be on accoustic guitar during this song, and edge on keyboards... at least that's how they did it in brooklyn.

Yeah, but I got the distinct impression that they were going to try to figure out how to make it sound closer to the album version. They probably just have somebody playing under the stage, or something.

RademR said:
Still wondering why the hell ABOY is in the encore....makes sense to have it in the beginning or middle of the set to me.

I think it would work in that position if they added Gloria. ABOY --> Gloria --> Yahweh --> 40 would be an awesome final encore.

you guys would rather hear oots than pride!!?? i cant even grasp that concept... that's not even one of the better songs on the new album, and there aren't any on the new album as good as pride...

RademR said:

I could see ABOY earlier in the setlist. I could see it somewhere near Beautiful Day or something.

:cool:

timothius said:

If A Man & A Woman is played live it will rank an all time low for U2 Live... yes....even lower than Sweet Caroline.

No no no. AMAAW would be glorius live if they did it right. .

knox said:

Yeah, but I got the distinct impression that they were going to try to figure out how to make it sound closer to the album version. They probably just have somebody playing under the stage, or something.

U2 wouldn't stoop that low. Say what you will about people playing along with Edge or someone triggering synths or whatever, they wouldn't get a musician in and hide them under the stage to play something so incredibly obviously not happening on stage.

I've heard Pride at almost every show I've seen. If I can hear a song I've never heard before, I'd gladly give up Pride. But that's just me I guess...

jeffschmid said:
you guys would rather hear oots than pride!!?? i cant even grasp that concept... that's not even one of the better songs on the new album, and there aren't any on the new album as good as pride...

In terms of being at the concert - never in a million years would I swap Pride for anything off this album.

In terms of me sitting in my black spinning chair here in my office - I would much rather hear OOTS instead of another version of wartered down Pride.

I'm sitting in my chair.

Niceman said:
If I never hear them play Pride again, then that's too soon! Bono can't even hit the big note anymore, he has to have the audience do it for him!

but it's worth hearing it just for edge's guitar parts

jeffschmid said:

There's plenty on HTDAAB better than Pride, especially a little number called COBL that's the best song since Heartland. I'm actually really enjoying Pride this tour and would prefer it over One, but if the band are going to cut one or the other, Pride'll get the chop.

knox said:
Uh, isn't that exactly what they did at the Grammies, Axver?

Er, no. Wasn't there just someone listed for synths? And to my knowledge, that was just a Grammy's thing, they haven't done that elsewhere (and everyone here spoke about how that performance of the song was overpowered by synths).

Axver said:

There's plenty on HTDAAB better than Pride, especially a little number called COBL that's the best song since Heartland. I'm actually really enjoying Pride this tour and would prefer it over One, but if the band are going to cut one or the other, Pride'll get the chop.

Every song on Achtung Baby is superior to COBL. Even though COBL is very good.

A Man And A Woman would be great if Bono had that powerful voice thing he had back when I was a wee one.

Man, if that guy hadn't been a smoker...

Niceman said:
If I never hear them play Pride again, then that's too soon! Bono can't even hit the big note anymore, he has to have the audience do it for him!

He hit it, and almost every other note quite easily at SJ1 yesterday,

timothius said:

The only way of doing it right, is not at all.

It is unbearable, for me at least.

Play it at New York 7 or Chicago 9 if you must. Somewhere where I have no interest in.

It's a beautiful song. Some of the best vocals on the record.

timothius said:

The only way of doing it right, is not at all.

It is unbearable, for me at least.

Play it at New York 7 or Chicago 9 if you must. Somewhere where I have no interest in.

It amazes me how some people rabidly hate AMAAW. I don't get it. It's not as if it's Wild Honey or In A Little While.

I hope AMAAW is played but I doubt it. Can't wait for them to play Crumbs, though.

knox said:

i hope you're right- i'd love to hear full band version of this! :)

Back
Top Bottom