San Diego 2 - So pyched for tonight (thanks interference)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brianh20

The Fly
So pyched for tonight (thanks interference)

It was said in another thread but boy, technology is truly amazing. Granted being in Jersey and having to work tomorrow will keep me from being up until two or three in the morning keeping track of the setlist, but I'll be awake early tomorrow looking to see what was played (and searching for a torrent...thank YOU Chrisedge for your recording, it's an exceptional sounding one which I'll be seeding all day today).

Even though it's early I think tonight will be key insofar as clues as to how this tour will evolve. I'm not sure Streets is an encore type of song. That one deserves to be somewhere within the main set, although you can hardly say that U2's encores are afterthoughts from the main show. Now we can see if any songs get different placements, which ones might be mainstays and which ones will be rotated. That's the fun stuff to speculate on.

Y'all have an awesome time tonight, I'll be watchin' as much as I can here. May 14th can't come soon enough. :drool:

I'm getting so pumped about this show coming up! I bet Interference's servers are about to experience a case of major overload again. Really looking forward to seeing how the setlist evolved and whether it varies. I, for one, will be looking out and hoping for Gloria.

BizzaD said:
how long till the show starts? Im in Austalia! LOL

Bizza

If U2 take the stage at 9pm San Diego time, it will be 3pm on the Australian east coast.

I have to say that although there is something about the lsos of surprise cuased by the internet age, what makes up for it is the fact that you get to follow along and be excited about the tour even if you are only able to atend your local shows...definately cool....

xmarcx said:
I have to say that although there is something about the lsos of surprise cuased by the internet age, what makes up for it is the fact that you get to follow along and be excited about the tour even if you are only able to atend your local shows...definately cool....

Oh absolutely. For one thing it now makes me anticipate the downloads even more. I don't care if I'm surprised or not (there'll be enough of them as this tour moves on). Right now it reminds me of Springsteen tour. I'd follow that on a BTX board and I had a BLAST following that thing through the net.

My guess is that soon, if not tonight, Streets winds up back in the main set. That's where it belongs (along with Bad...mark my words). Plus WOWY showing up in the set as well.

Psyched!!!!! :drool:

you guys think they'll be updates as quick as opening night? I would expect so. Just checking, cause I'll definetly be hooked on interference tonight to see what the boys play :up:

RademR said:
you guys think they'll be updates as quick as opening night? I would expect so. Just checking, cause I'll definetly be hooked on interference tonight to see what the boys play :up:

Yeah, I'm really hoping we have some good updates tonight too.

I wonder how majorly Interference is going to be overloaded ...!

Well, I'm ready ... for the Acrobat tonight! :drool: A man can dream, can't he? :wink:

Looking at how Elevation evolved the second night seems that it was shorter by one song and there was one song replacing another, nothing reall major. Things got a little more varied a few more shows in but there wasn't anything too radical. We'll see.....

brianh20 said:
Looking at how Elevation evolved the second night seems that it was shorter by one song and there was one song replacing another, nothing reall major. Things got a little more varied a few more shows in but there wasn't anything too radical. We'll see.....

But this time, we have stories saying the band have rehearsed 50+ songs and plan on playing more varied setlists. Well ... we'll see. I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

i think we'll see I Will Follow, Gloria, Stuck in a Moment, a drop of An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart, a different opener, and maybe even acrobat!!

njelevation06 said:
i think we'll see I Will Follow, Gloria, Stuck in a Moment, a drop of An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart, a different opener, and maybe even acrobat!!

I don't think they switched openers around since the Lovetown tour when it was Hawkmoon, Streets, Star Spangled Banner-Bullet the Blue Sky. I think every tour since, the opening song was the opening song for just about every show. That would be a pretty radical switch looking at U2's track record.

brianh20 said:

I don't think they switched openers around since the Lovetown tour when it was Hawkmoon, Streets, Star Spangled Banner-Bullet the Blue Sky. I think every tour since, the opening song was the opening song for just about every show. That would be a pretty radical switch looking at U2's track record.

That's right. Streets opened half of the Lovetown shows, and then they also used Bullet, Hawkmoon, Stand By Me, God Part II, and In God's Country. On ZooTV, they only had Zoo Station, though Sunday Bloody Sunday opened the public rehearsal on 7 August 1992. Popmart only had Mofo. Elevation had Elevation except on 10 October 2001, when Beautiful Day opened.

On most tours, U2 have kept a static opener. UF had 11 O'clock Tick Tock. War had Gloria then Out Of Control. October had Gloria. If U2 vary their opener, it will be a surprise.

RademR said:
i wonder if @u2 .com will be doing that same "real-time" thing tonight.

I hope they or another site do that. It was very entertaining. I do worry, however, that we're going to get used to such a good feed of information but it won't be available for all concerts.

Wow, the hype really does seem to have died down. Hopefully it will pick up soon. Do we know if anywhere will have the "live" setlists and other such information? I had stacks of fun a couple of days ago and I was hoping it would continue today.

Why is this place so dead? Heck, I'm more excited about this show than the last, mainly just for the setlists and the possibility of change, but if I didn't know better, I'd look at this forum and think there isn't a show due to begin in less than an hour!

Axver said:
Wow, the hype really does seem to have died down. Hopefully it will pick up soon. Do we know if anywhere will have the "live" setlists and other such information? I had stacks of fun a couple of days ago and I was hoping it would continue today.

Totally agree , i've been searching for the past few hours any website with a hint of a live update on the setlist .......anyone know ??

This second show is Soooooo important as it will give us a really good indication as to the variety of songs in the bag and how many songs change night on night ......

I for one am only half-arund. I'm in the middle of laying out my school's student newspaper, so I cant' devote as much keyboard time as Monday, when I had nothing going on.

My guess is that the middle of the week is harder for people to pull away.

Though I'll be avidly awaiting setlist details later tonight (looks like no sleep for me again :) )

Yeah I was hoping for the same level of excitement as Monday but I guess people are busy.

Cutters10C said:
Yeah I was hoping for the same level of excitement as Monday but I guess people are busy.

I honestly don't see how today's going to much different for that many people than Monday - though I guess many on the US east coast who stayed up late have chosen to go to bed.

Well, those of us who find the second night just as exciting, if not moreso, let's hold our own party here!

celticbhoy said:

Totally agree , i've been searching for the past few hours any website with a hint of a live update on the setlist .......anyone know ??

This second show is Soooooo important as it will give us a really good indication as to the variety of songs in the bag and how many songs change night on night ......

Yeah, if you looked at atu2.com, you'd barely know that the Kings Of Leon have already finished their set (if they stick with the timing from the opening night). I hope Reggie's right and someone feeds us the set as it happens. I can't wait to see the changes and whether it really is as variable as some are hoping.

I just checked out the photos on the flickr.com site, and my heart is pounding - I'm so excited to see them next week in L.A. Don't know if I can afford tickets to Anaheim on Friday & Saturday. I can't wait!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom