San Diego 2 - So pyched for tonight (thanks interference)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Brewers

500 season I'm predicting

so your saying your team will be watching the Cubs playing in the post season?

Has somebody already said this?
@u2 mentioned in their blog that they would try to do the updates again, just not as frequently as Monday's show...

servo2005 said:
I have a feeling it might be 11 o clock tick tock...the post said surprise in the set...film at 11...

or am I reading into it....

As 11 O'clock Tick Tock live is my favourite song ever, I would just about lose it with joy if they play it. Only Heartland or Acrobat could get more of a reaction out of me, I think.

:hmm: Surprise in the set? I will be surprised if its 11 O'Clock but not shocked. My guess is Gloria. Or maybe they have worked on something new in soundcheck on monday and this afternoon?? :shrug: There will definately be some different songs tonight though.

Personally, for me, Axver, the big surprise was Yahweh. (hey, I'll sing it, and I'll type it, but darned if I will SAY it. Bono, you indeed have balls of steel.:wink: )

Listening to that, I was shocked at the audience response. Even the New York Times review, they were shocked. They ended their review by saying how "ridiculous" it sounded on the disc, but live, it "becomes something powerful." I'll try to dig up the review link...great review.

You know, that's just like U2: the ONE song you least expect them to play, b/c it's too "personal", they play. And how uncany it was for Bono to do that acoustically. IMO< it sounds great any way you'd play it, I am hoping the band does a rocking Cd-like version, it would amuse the Almighty immensely, and would in addtion be as cool as..well, hell. :wink:

Personally, I think Bono is just jazzed at hearing 18,000 people shouting out the Name. Pretty inspiring stuff I have to say..and only possible at a u2 show!

I expect YHWH is so surprisingly popular b/c there IS such a spiritual trend in this country right now....take that as you will..it IS true, but unlike our idiotoc media report, one group isn't more "righteous" than the other. I think it's more of general revival.

If you mean me, I'm a girl ;).

On the french site, it says to look for updates starting at 6:30am (local time in France). That's 11:30pm here in the East Coast... the time has already passed by. I hope they are still doing it!

from @u2
For those wondering, we will NOT be doing a minute-by-minute "running diary" tonight like we did from the tour opener on Monday, but we will be using U2tours.com to update the setlist as it happens with updates every 10-15 minutes.

Don't expect a lot of changes tonight. Dennis Sheehan told our crew this afternoon that "the band wants to nail this setlist before they start experimenting."

hef4u2 said:

so your saying your team will be watching the Cubs playing in the post season?

If Wood and Pryor can stay healthy, they'll def be there.

UTEOTW and IWF tonight..
takin bets, people, takin bets

HOT!NEW @U2 SAN DIEGO 2
March 30, 2005
posted by: m2
For those wondering, we will NOT be doing a minute-by-minute "running diary" tonight like we did from the tour opener on Monday, but we will be using U2tours.com to update the setlist as it happens with updates every 10-15 minutes.

Don't expect a lot of changes tonight. Dennis Sheehan told our crew this afternoon that "the band wants to nail this setlist before they start experimenting."

just posted !!

Just out of curiosity, how many sites did you guys have up refreshing until one of them posted something? Is 5 too many? :reject:

nurse chrissi said:
from @u2
Dennis Sheehan told our crew this afternoon that "the band wants to nail this setlist before they start experimenting."

NOOOO! They have at least 2 nights in every city and anything other than the 1st setlist is experimental? Uh oh.

RademR said:
glad about the update, but not changing the setlist??? what the????

Not sure what the "what the" is for. Pretty self explanatory if correct. The band wants to nail this setlist before they move onto other variations. Its no different then most of their tours. I think there will be a couple of different songs though tonight.

Two nights in a city doesnt necessarily mean drastic changes in the setlist. When they play more than that, yes. But they dont do that until Chicago. They will be ready for some variation big time at that point. There will still be more and more as the tour rolls on though. Jesus people, dont panic before the 2nd show even happens.

Last edited:
RademR,

I hope to get us tickets to Wrigleyville during Vertigo Chicago, but it looks like you won't be in town long enough to go to a game

they opened with city of blinding lights, a friend called me and let me listen...

ya, we're all here to see the live update of u2 playing the exact same songs as the opener. :huh:

i see what ure saying though

Glad I didn't get my hopes up. Still expecting Yahweh to move, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom