Saitama III Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AndrewCowley said:
I am very surprised LAPOE has become a sometimes only song. Of the shows I saw (all 7 Australian shows) it was a major standout. For a Bomb song the crowds were really into it. And it segues really well into SBS.

I just find it so odd that after over 120 consecutive concert appearances, it has vanished from the last three sets. Or more to the point, last two. It was on the original Auckland II set; Bad was evidently a very late substitution.

Axver said:

I just find it so odd that after over 120 consecutive concert appearances, it has vanished from the last three sets.
Wow, has there been this many Vertigo shows? I knew it'd be around 100, but I didn't know as many as 120. So it will rank as 2nd to Zoo TV in terms of number of shows.

bono_man2002 said:

That's getting over 3 weeks ago...

Bono would have forgot the words by now.

Hahaha. Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Mirrorballman83 said:
no surprises in the soundcheck of Auckland I if I remember well

Vertigo, MW, Cobl and OTH I remember...

Ah, yeah, I think I remember hearing Vertigo too. The problem was that from my position in the Supertop, I couldn't be sure if it was the radio outside or the band themselves. The COBL intro seemed really distinctively live though.

Axver said:

I just find it so odd that after over 120 consecutive concert appearances, it has vanished from the last three sets. Or more to the point, last two.

ABOY is a bit like that too...Sure it missed a few Europe shows, (some US as well?, and some South America)

Now gone Completely for This leg.

LAPOE being dropped is a bigger surprise to me that the inclusion of Miss Sarajevo. U2 ripped the DNA out of the Vertigo Tour by leaving it out.

AndrewCowley said:

Wow, has there been this many Vertigo shows? I knew it'd be around 100, but I didn't know as many as 120. So it will rank as 2nd to Zoo TV in terms of number of shows.

It's at 131 right now, plus 132 for the public San Diego rehearsal, and I doubt many would count it, but 133 if you include the Brussels rehearsal (I can't decide quite how to list that rehearsal on U2VT).

So yes, second to ZooTV both in total shows.

bono_man2002 said:

ABOY is a bit like that too...Sure it missed a few Europe shows, (some US as well?, and some South America)

Now gone Completely for This leg.

ABOY's at 98 Vertigo Tour performances (though it made its century; pre-tour performances bring its total to 105). It missed a couple in Europe and a fair chunk late in the third leg. It only appeared twice at the eight Latin American shows.

Hey, by the way, does anyone here have a copy of Mysterious Ways from 1997-08-28, Leeds that they could possibly upload for me? It'd be much appreciated!

Axver said:

ABOY's at 98 Vertigo Tour performances (though it made its century; pre-tour performances bring its total to 105). It missed a couple in Europe and a fair chunk late in the third leg. It only appeared twice at the eight Latin American shows.

So it suffed the same fate as WOWY on the 3rd Leg of Elevation......Technically.

Axver said:

Should have been played at Sydney 3 or Melbourne 2!

Axver said:
Hey, by the way, does anyone here have a copy of Mysterious Ways from 1997-08-28, Leeds that they could possibly upload for me? It'd be much appreciated!

I have that show at home. Can send it to you later.

bono_man2002 said:

So it suffed the same fate as WOWY on the 3rd Leg of Elevation......Technically.

Not really. WOWY vanished after three gigs, never to return on the tour (hooray!). ABOY's appearances just became quite intermittent. For example, it appeared at only two December 2005 gigs - and one was as part of the spontaneous Boston third encore!

adrball said:

I have that show at home. Can send it to you later.

That would rock, if nobody else gets onto it sooner. I have the whole show except for that song on my computer. I definitely used to have a bootleg that contained the complete show, but I must have misplaced it somewhere because I can't find it now ...

Of course, it doesn't help that last time I moved, my bootlegs, formerly neatly sorted, were thrown out of order.

bono_man2002 said:
Right.

Well, I'm going to do some study...I'll be back in an hour or so.

:wave:

STUDY IS FOR THE WEAK!!!! THE SETLIST PARTY CONTROLS YOUR MIND!!!!

Setlist Party: Like the Supreme Soviet, only with U2 music.

:wink:

Hey regarding Mysterious Ways from 1997-08-28, I've got a radio broadcast of that show but in my version MW is from an audience recording. Anyone know was it part of the radio broadcast or not?

Axver said:

STUDY IS FOR THE WEAK!!!! THE SETLIST PARTY CONTROLS YOUR MIND!!!!

Setlist Party: Like the Supreme Soviet, only with U2 music.

:wink:

:lol:

Well, if my exam wasn't $290 to sit....then yeah....I wouldnt mind hanging around

kennerado said:

In Mother Russia, U2 listens to you (hey wait a minute?)

That wouldn't be a bad thing. The Electric Co. would still be in the setlist if U2 listened to what I had to say. :drool:

AndrewCowley said:
Hey regarding Mysterious Ways from 1997-08-28, I've got a radio broadcast of that show but in my version MW is from an audience recording. Anyone know was it part of the radio broadcast or not?

I believe it was omitted from the radio broadcast and only some boots contain the audience MW.

AndrewCowley said:

I don't have a clue! This was back in the days of being a 'casual' fan, only going to the local shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom