Saitama II Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
I think I'm making this party about 30-60 minutes earlier than it probably should be made, but I wanted to do it before going to cook dinner, and what does it matter anyway? Hopefully we can use this time to try to co-ordinate a source. I'm not sure if we have a confirmed source. Let's hope we hear from one of the people who has expressed interest!

Today, of course, is the day of U2's second of three shows at the Saitama Super Arena. After yesterday's debut of WITS, what's to come today? Personally, I'm hoping for some love for The First Time, and it would be excellent if One Tree Hill remained in the setlist again.

Yesterday's show began around 7:30pm Japanese time and I have no reason to believe today will be different. According to timeanddate.com, that time is 8:30pm in Brisbane, 10:30am in London, 5:30am in New York, and 2:30am in Los Angeles.

And unless we get some huge surprise announcement, this is the third last Vertigo Tour show. The remaining two are 04/12 in Saitama and 09/12 in Honolulu.

Have fun, folks! :wave:

Let's hope JohninJapan, 4U2Play, or someone else comes through for us with the set. It's going to be interesting to see what's done tonight. My predictions:

1. IWF/ISHFWILF out, UTEOTW/NYD in.
2. Walk On out, AOH from the encore to the main set, Desire into the encore in AOH's spot.
3. Bad out, LAPOE back in.
4. OTH out, Kite in. :(

Mine:

1.Mofo (Edge On Sax, Larry On Tamborine)
2.The Ants Go Marching One By One Snippet in Bullet
3.SDABTO

On a more serious note......"G" :lol:

No, I think either UTEOTW OR NYD will show up.

and WITS to stay.

Daniel, you're an idiot. If you seriously think that Edge will play sax for Mofo, you're living in fantasyland. He's been rehearsing Mofo on OBOE. Get it right. :tsk:

:tsk:

It just so happens i've got my secert recordings from todays soundcheck which i'm going to hoard from the u2 community and Edge did Mofo with both the sax and the Oboe.....in the end Dallas just said, go with the sax!

That was FAKE EDGE, deliberately trying to trick you. I would know; after all, Bono's boyhood friend's cousin's milkman told me on MSN Messenger.

coolian2 said:
Tonight will see the glorious return of God Part II.

We will also see the glorious discovery of how to travel faster than the speed of light, as I sprint from Brisbane to Saitama in time to catch the start of the second verse.

Axver said:
That was FAKE EDGE, deliberately trying to trick you. I would know; after all, Bono's boyhood friend's cousin's milkman told me on MSN Messenger.

How do you know its not Fake Bono's boyhood friends' cousins milkman under Bono's boyhood friend's cousins' milkman MSN account?

bono_man2002 said:

How do you know its not Fake Bono's boyhood friends' cousins milkman under Bono's boyhood friend's cousins' milkman MSN account?

Because he sent me a recording of Concentration Cramp from 1979-12-01.

I'm looking for a sound that's going to drown out the world
The world where you lii-ii-iive

Now THAT would own. :drool:

coolian2 said:
Damn, it did well lasting four gigs!

The best part is that it was probably played at a fair few more in 1979! I just haven't been able to dig up many setlists from that era, and even what sets I can find are almost always hopelessly incomplete.

Axver said:

The best part is that it was probably played at a fair few more in 1979! I just haven't been able to dig up many setlists from that era, and even what sets I can find are almost always hopelessly incomplete.

Its like how I Still Haven't Found gets played still!

adrball said:
:wave: Hi all!

After the surprises of the last few shows, I'm struggling to predict the unpredictable.

I'll give it a try for you: "Two hearts as beat as one" at some point and "Please" to close the show...
May this happen for Saitama III...

bono_man2002 said:
I manged to eat while posting :tsk: :wink:

Unfortunately, my computer is not in the kitchen so I couldn't cook and post at the same time. :wink:

What's for dinner? I'm having fish and mash and greens....
Hoping for a mix-up again tonight. I haven't read any reviews on last night yet, how did WITS go down?

shika said:
What's for dinner? I'm having fish and mash and greens....

I just made a pizza and watched the news. I was going to make some pasta but then couldn't be bothered.

Hoping for a mix-up again tonight. I haven't read any reviews on last night yet, how did WITS go down?

I haven't seen much in the way of reviews, but the video of WITS on YouTube isn't bad. The song doesn't really set my world alight but it's performed solidly for a debut. I hope it sticks around in the set tonight. I feel its position in the set last night was quite a good one.

Hi Adrian, isn't it the first day of winter for you tomorrow? :giggle: enjoy those eggs n bacon! :wave: What did you end up buying the Mrs while you were out here??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom