Saitama II Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2Man said:
has bono ever snippeted any radiohead?

A very brief bit of Creep during a fair few 2001 performances of Elevation.

I can't think of any other Radiohead snippets right now.

This stuff just keeps getting better. I'd forgotten about the snippet of Madonna's Material Girl at the start of LNOE, 1997-09-13. And how about Love Is In The Air during AIWIY, 1998-03-11? And another classic: the nursery rhyme Christmas Is Coming ... in February and March 1983!

RavenBlue said:
Didn't Edge do Dancing Queen as one of his sing-along dealys back with Popmart?

Yeah, just the once in Tel Aviv. It was done on ZooTV, usually as a snippet at the end of Angel Of Harlem but sometimes enough to qualify it as counting separately and once with Bjorn and Benny from Abba.

gmc said:
Top of my head I can remember Get It Into The Groove.Sure it was in Mysterious Ways @ Leeds 28-08-1993

You sure about that? I'll have to check the bootleg, as we don't currently have it listed on U2VT. We do have it listed for a fair few other Popmart gigs, though.

mrmcphisto77 said:
01. City Of Blinding Lights
02. Vertigo
03. Elevation
04. I Will Follow
05. Until The End Of The World

Wow, IWF and UTEOTW? That's pretty neat. At the last few shows, the 4th spot has been EITHER one of the two with NYD or ISHFWILF 5th.

I wonder if NYD or ISHFWILF will follow UTEOTW or if they will just go straight to BD?

Hmm, attention seems divided between the actual setlist that's apparently going on in Japan, and snippets of Madonna and ABBA from 10 years ago... :)

We got treated to a bit of Spinning Around in Melbourne ;)

My personal favorite is Bono singing "take me to the clouds above" in WOWY, Twickenham, 6-18, thereby sampling a song that had sampled him, and completing a neat circle.

Mirrorballman83 said:
No I Will Follow

this is the setlis from the u2tour-de forum

wake up
cobl
vertigo
elevation
uteow
nyd

Ah, now that's more like what I would have expected!

I might be getting mixed up with George Harrison's Something,but I defo remember Into The Groove somewhere....

Alisaura said:
Hmm, attention seems divided between the actual setlist that's apparently going on in Japan, and snippets of Madonna and ABBA from 10 years ago... :)

We got treated to a bit of Spinning Around in Melbourne ;)

Both are great topics. :wink:

And those Kylie snippets he did in Australia (Can't Get You Out Of My Head, I Should Be So Lucky, and Spinning Around) were pretty funny too. On a rather different note, throwing in the title line of Highway To Hell a couple of times amused me too, given it's not exactly a "U2-ish" sort of tune!

bgmckinney said:
My personal favorite is Bono singing "take me to the clouds above" in WOWY, Twickenham, 6-18, thereby sampling a song that had sampled him, and completing a neat circle.

Hah, yeah, that was pretty good.

Now when is U2 going to snippet New Year's Dub! :lol:

bono_man2002 said:
Whoa, What is Bono Snippeting during Bad at the Zoo TV gent show?....It sounds kinda cool. Probably just random mumbling.

Heh, wouldn't shock me. Though there's some stuff from bootlegs later in that month that took me damn forever to decipher. It turns out he was throwing some poetry into Love Is Blindness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom