Saitama I Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

I think you're right except for one part: I'd say Angel Of Harlem rather than Desire. Thus far, Angel has been the first night's post-Saints song and Desire been used on the second night.

Then again, ISHFWILF was a second night song and that's just been shot to Hell, so ...

I hope they play Desire!

I like Angel of Harlem too, but Desire has more fire.

dazzlingamy said:
Axver....i heard that too...at all the concerts, but thought i was mistaken! maybe thats what he really sings?

I haven't listened to many bootlegs, and due to the quality of the live audio feeds we had on the third leg, it was an accomplishment to just identify that it was indeed Rock The Casbah, so I hadn't actually noticed if he was singing the wrong lyrics.

Every time I heard the snippet, I was very much belting out "SHAREEF DON'T LIKE IT!" I bloody love that snippet. It suits SBS down to the ground.

Axver said:

I haven't listened to many bootlegs, and due to the quality of the live audio feeds we had on the third leg, it was an accomplishment to just identify that it was indeed Rock The Casbah, so I hadn't actually noticed if he was singing the wrong lyrics.

Every time I heard the snippet, I was very much belting out "SHAREEF DON'T LIKE IT!" I bloody love that snippet. It suits SBS down to the ground.

Y'know, i swear i heard someone yelling it at Auckland 2. And it wasn't me....

RavenBlue said:

Exactly :wink: :rockon:

Actually, I think Sepultura covered that song...

Indeed they did - pretty good cover too.

Though out of all of the songs played on this leg, the best to headbang to was The Fly. I even lost earplugs during that! :lol:

And unfortunately no-one has been pulled up to play guitar on this leg. miracledrug83 and I were holding up signs for Slow Dancing complete with lyrics and chords at Auckland II, but no luck. :(

id like to see porcupine tree do a cover of i still havent found what im looking for :drool:

Copy said:
its a shame if they ruin the good start by playing nothing but the same old crap now.
yep am sure the people there feel the same way also, and good grief, you on interference and watching a U2 show? god your good

Aww that's too bad.

Fear Factory have done I Will Follow too. It's always nice to see metal bands covering U2.

I can see Children of Bodom screaming Sunday Bloody Sunday next. Though Alexi Laiho would likely solo the hell out of it... like he usually does.

Axver said:

Indeed they did - pretty good cover too.

Though out of all of the songs played on this leg, the best to headbang to was The Fly. I even lost earplugs during that! :lol:

And unfortunately no-one has been pulled up to play guitar on this leg. miracledrug83 and I were holding up signs for Slow Dancing complete with lyrics and chords at Auckland II, but no luck. :(

Lyrics and chords are always a good idea if you want to request a song, I think. I remember at DC in '01 a girl near me at the tip of the heart had a sign that said "It's my 21st birthday, please play Acrobat!!!" Bono actually talked to Edge about playing it - I could hear their conversation - but Edge said no, I don't remember it. Bono apologized and sang her TGBHF instead - but who knows, if she'd had the music, what might have happened...

Copy said:
id like to see porcupine tree do a cover of i still havent found what im looking for :drool:

ISHFWILF? That's a weird choice for PT. I think something like Exit or Love Is Blindness would suit them better.

I would dearly love to hear Bono snippet PT's This Is No Rehearsal at the end of The Fly, but I know it's never going to happen.

bgmckinney said:
So LAPOE once more gives up its place for Bad - I'm not sure I understand why. Any ideas?

Well, seeing as Window made it in the set tonight.

Dropping LAPOE kinda makes sense to me.

A lot of you seemed to like it.
To be honest, I never cared for it much.
Not on the album, nor live.
So I can't say I mind it very much that it's dropped.

Then again, if it were up to me I'd drop Bullet and play Love and Peace in it's place.

Any way, seems like they're taking the set into a more mellow direction.

Or is it just me thinking that this whole section :

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While (Snippet)
Beautiful Day
Window In The Skies
Walk On (acoustic)
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Bad / '40' (Snippet)

Add:

Miss Sarajevo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

+

WOWY
Angel of Harlem
Kite
and One Tree Hill

though it flows nicely into each other, is all quite similar sounding.

Last edited:
RavenBlue said:
Aww that's too bad.

Fear Factory have done I Will Follow too. It's always nice to see metal bands covering U2.

I can see Children of Bodom screaming Sunday Bloody Sunday next. Though Alexi Laiho would likely solo the hell out of it... like he usually does.

I would pay good money to see Opeth cover U2. Any U2. It would be hilarious, or it could actually potentially be beautiful given Mikael Akerfeldt's lovely clean singing voice.

And speaking of metal bands, Dream Theater, who I guess are on the border between prog rock and prog metal, have covered Bad and Red Hill Mining Town. I think their cover of RHMT is better than the original.

KUEFC09U2 said:
yep am sure the people there feel the same way also, and good grief, you on interference and watching a U2 show? god your good

you're hot :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom