Rove Live - Stadium backstage tour + interview with U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adambk

The Fly
Hey guys, last night on Rove Live I recorded the segments on U2 and have uploaded them to YouTube. Thought people in Brisbane who were at the concert at the same time would be interested, people outside Australia, those who forgot it was on last night etc. Anyway enjoy. :wink:

Adam gives Rove a little tour of the stage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbd3uimyxuY

Rove talks to U2 for about 9 mins. Nothing new but still good to see the boys in good spirits.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPJ0XIE4pms

:laugh: Emergency toilet and "I'm catching it" from Bono when they talk about their quirks. Thanks for that.

Last edited:
adambk said:
Rove talks to U2 for about 9 mins. Nothing new but still good to see the boys in good spirits.

It's been a long time since I've seen the 4 of them in such a boyant mood in a TV interview. They were fairly funny on that German show(Schmidt?) withe re-enactment of the Numb video - also the San Diego Access Hollywood that ends with Bono yelling at a U2 Ipod.

<<Nothing new>>

I've NEVER seen Edge make a crack about being follically challenged - and you can hear Adam crack up with surprise as well. Also, I think it's the first interview with them talking about the Saints video.

They almost gave serious answers to what they would be doing if they were not in u2.

u2fp

Goodness, gracious, what a charm offensive! And you'd never hear the expression "cock up" on American commercial TV.

Was it just the camera angle, or do the boys look particularly lean in this?

I have obviously found the right thread for this! I totally agree - this was a good interview!

(Some others on here were saying it wasn't)

I was about 1m away from Bono, Adam and Larry on Tues day night, and they are all looking absolutely GREAT!

imogen said:
I have obviously found the right thread for this! I totally agree - this was a good interview!

(Some others on here were saying it wasn't)

I was about 1m away from Bono, Adam and Larry on Tues day night, and they are all looking absolutely GREAT!

I enjoyed it, particularly the tour of the stage. Never seen the underground section of it and lol @ edges amp. I only really said nothing new because of what others said before about the segment. Well some bits I already knew ie Bono coming in with a guitar. It was great to see them in such good spirits. Cant wait until they head down to Adelaide next week. So excited. :dance:

That is crap. Rove is not a 100000000th the fan any of us here are, but he gets to meet them. I was just waiting for him to say something stupid like, "Will you be playing that City of Vertigo song?"

silvrlvr said:

Was it just the camera angle, or do the boys look particularly lean in this?

Musta been one of those opposite cameras, that takes off 10 pounds instead of adding it. Either that or Bono worked it off.

I dont mind Rove, his show has gone downhill though.. anyway,

Great interview and stuff i have never seen before, but what peeved me is I was at Anz that same day, checking the place out before the show the next night.

So close yet so far away!
Oh well.

I agree COBL, Bono is so much thinner and fitter and he proved it on tuesday night.

trayzee said:
I dont mind Rove, his show has gone downhill though.. anyway,

Great interview and stuff i have never seen before, but what peeved me is I was at Anz that same day, checking the place out before the show the next night.

So close yet so far away!
Oh well.

I agree COBL, Bono is so much thinner and fitter and he proved it on tuesday night.

Actually, i read somewhere this week, Bono said he actually has put on a bit of weight and was not "fit". But can be hard to tell with such a different hair cut.

The Lalat said:

Actually, i read somewhere this week, Bono said he actually has put on a bit of weight and was not "fit". But can be hard to tell with such a different hair cut.

I actually think he lost some weight again. He has put on quite a few pounds over the summer as we could all see from pictures. It's because of his bad back, obviously. I think he's starting to excercise again now. I really hope he's okay, though.

poor rove! i think he's awsome, and its a dam shame that something so shit has to happen to two such amazing people:sad:

He actually rushed away from the u2 interview monday in brisbane to get to Melbourne as she'd gone to Hospital. It wasn't thought to be life threatening which is why the show went to air Tuesday night...

Back
Top Bottom