Reserved seating "etiquette"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Reserved seating "etiquette"

Hallucination said:

Are you saying I need to get real and pull my head outta the feed bag? If so does that mean you're suggesting that because someone behind me doesn't want to stand up to enjoy the show that I should suffer and just sit there just to appease them. I don't think so. I payed my $185.00 to see the show I'll dance in my seat. I don't give a rats ass what anyone else thinks. Sometimes you just gotta do what makes you happy and not worry about what makes others happy.

Read my earlier posts silly, I never said that you should just sit there and be comatose. Jeezz.

It's the I paid my $185, and fuck everyone else attitude that's really poor form.

Imagine having a conversation with Bono. "Hey, I really enjoyed your show last night. Stood and danced, not a care in the world. Fuck everyone else."

Nice.

I'm sure he be impressed with your selfish attitude. Repeat after me, there is no such thing as 3rd world debt.

Hobie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reserved seating "etiquette"

NHHobie said:

Read my earlier posts silly, I never said that you should just sit there and be comatose. Jeezz.

It's the I paid my $185, and fuck everyone else attitude that's really poor form.

Imagine having a conversation with Bono. "Hey, I really enjoyed your show last night. Stood and danced, not a care in the world. Fuck everyone else."

Nice.

I'm sure he be impressed with your selfish attitude. Repeat after me, there is no such thing as 3rd world debt.

Hobie

I'm not even gonna pussy foot around this. Gimmie a break. It's not a selfish attitude and I'm not saying "fuck everyone else" I'm saying if I want to dance at the show or stand I'm gonna do it. I paid for the tickets and I'm gonna enjoy it. The person who gets upset about that is the selfish one. If anyone ever had the nerve to ask me to sit down a concert I would be pissed off. I'm not there to sit and relax. If others are that's great but they can't expect everyone to accomodate them by sititng down. All I'm saying is you gotta enjoy the show without worrying what others think. It's not a "fuck everyone else" attitude. The "fuck everyone else" and 3rd world debt comments you made are a joke. Pull your own head outta the feed bag.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reserved seating "etiquette"

Hallucination said:

I'm not even gonna pussy foot around this. Gimmie a break. It's not a selfish attitude and I'm not saying "fuck everyone else" I'm saying if I want to dance at the show or stand I'm gonna do it. I paid for the tickets and I'm gonna enjoy it. The person who gets upset about that is the selfish one. If anyone ever had the nerve to ask me to sit down a concert I would be pissed off. I'm not there to sit and relax. If others are that's great but they can't expect everyone to accomodate them by sititng down. All I'm saying is you gotta enjoy the show without worrying what others think. It's not a "fuck everyone else" attitude. The "fuck everyone else" and 3rd world debt comments you made are a joke. Pull your own head outta the feed bag.

Ah Hallucination:

I'll wager our oats here in the USA taster than what you have anyway. Gotta love your name. Your spelling/grammer is pretty good, yet you mystify me with your message. Your posting(s) clearly state that since you paid your buckaroos, your going to enjoy yourself, seemingly everyone else can be damned. You said this a few different ways, so I don't think that I have misinterperted what you have written. I also see a bit of the old "blame the victim" statement.

Again, to be crystal clear on my end. I am not saying that you can't stand/dance whatever and have a great time. Just give it a rest once in awhile if you see that the folks behind you can't see because your blocking their view. If everyone is standing the entire show, than stand and have a ball.

Because my Vette goes 165 or so does not mean it is prudent to drive it that fast. Even though I paid for the performance.

I'm here all week, try the veal.

Hobie

O//G

you're perfectly entitled to your bit of fun, specially if ur a short cookie :)

certain arenas/stadiums have strict ettiquette about people in seats who get up and prance around like a pack of probosis monkeys :lol:

i for one hate it when someone taller than me ( I am 6' 3") stands up and blocks my view - after all i have paid for my ticket too, and if i choose not to stand - i havn't come to see the person's big melon head in front of me

as for that chinese bugger who was in front of me at the BEC show for bruce springsteen's brisbane show on 26/3/2003 - boy if i ever saw that retard again, i'd love to smack him......i never forget a face...this pig got up atleast 10 times and blocked my view......damn chinese fool!!!

at the same time - PARTICIPATE - if this is what the band asks you to do.......!!!! COLDPLAY's 1st show in melbourne was a blast....

OceanGirl said:
Hi guys,

I'm wondering what the "etiquette" it is when it comes to reserved seating and dancing???

I have been to a few concerts (none were U2) where I have got reserved seating because I am so short and like to be able to SEE! I have found that barely anyone around me gets up and dances! I really want to get up and dance, but feel like I am going to get yelled at by everyone behind me! Although, I have to admit that sometimes I have no choice - I HAVE to get up and dance for some songs!

So, what do you do? What is the "right" thing to do? Should people be able to stand up and dance when they have reserved seating? Or do you think if you have reserved seating you should respect everyone behind you and stay seated for the whole show???

I have found us Aussies get pretty p off when someone stands in front of them stands up.

WE are a bit more conservative I hate to admit, as I have been to various shows in the states where its no problem.

But personally at most shows in Oz I see I have seats and I stand up.

I couldn't careless about the person behind me. I feel I have the right to stand up or sit down if i want too.
As i have paid good money to do what I want at a Rock Concert
Generally I find people have to follow suit if they want to see.
Its a rock concert not the damm ballet or opera. and the quicker people realize that the better off we will all be

trayzee said:
I couldn't careless about the person behind me. I feel I have the right to stand up or sit down if i want too.
As i have paid good money to do what I want at a Rock Concert

Uh huh, and the person behind you hasn't paid good money to be able to actually see the band?!!!! You know people who buy reserved seating do it so they can actually use the seat, you can't have a go at people for wanting to sit down on the seat that they payed for. As good as it would be, not everyone has to be up and dancing for the entire concert you know!

Last edited:
Im sure they have, and I have been tolerant with others in the seating area, to the extent where I feel I am missing out.
I am up and down most of the night at their shows.

I certainly dont do what some people do and stand on seats etc,
but their has to be a bit of give and take from both parties , and (you always have the massive screens, I look at them if IM blocked off).

But its just something that will never change.

"I'll give you everything that you want , except the thing that you want"

Back
Top Bottom