REM to support U2 ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
alibee said:

Agree with everything here except the legend bit.

(Being a legend means there is a doubt that you ever existed!!)

leg·end ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ljnd)
n.

a)An unverified story handed down from earlier times, especially one popularly believed to be historical.
b)A body or collection of such stories.
c)A romanticized or popularized myth of modern times.

2. One that inspires legends or achieves legendary fame.

a)An inscription or a title on an object, such as a coin.
b)An explanatory caption accompanying an illustration.
c)An explanatory table or list of the symbols appearing on a map or chart

Blue Room said:

:lol: All I know is I saw them in 2003 playing to a half full amphitheater. About 7000 people there in a place that holds 18000. Their popularity is NOT there in the U.S. like it was. They can only play arenas in a few large markets here (IE "A" show at Madison Square Garden in NY). They were playing even smaller venues here on this last tour and it wasnt because thats what they wanted to do. Its what the market was for them here.

I think you guys are saying I think REM stinks now or something. Not the case, I still like them and think they are a great band. I'm just saying their popularity in N. America is not there like it once was. Like I said, their market currently could EASILY play into a support spot but it would have to be a MAJOR act. Its not going to happen, but their market would fit it.

You may be right regarding their popularity in N. America but they can still fill the big venues here in Europe. They recently played two sold-out concerts in Denmark!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom