Rehearsals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dear U2.com,

The song does not go "it gets so warm in here". It gets so HOT in here, you idiots.

No love,
Someone who knows more about U2 than you stupid pillocks

<<New Years Day>>

I noticed this on the rehearsal list. AFAIK, it's been been infrequently played since the summer.

Is With or Without now in the main set?

u2fp

ramblin rose said:
Looks like they have finally rehearsed in Monterrey.

From U2.com

mexico4.jpg

mexico2.jpg
Is that Bono with a guitar during OOTS? Fucking finally! :rockon:
Those new images are beautiful. :up:

U2FanPeter said:
<<New Years Day>>

I noticed this on the rehearsal list. AFAIK, it's been been infrequently played since the summer.

It hasn't been played since the last European show.

Axver said:

Reasons why it doesn't work:

1. One
2. Unchained Melody

In a perfect world they wouldn't be in my setlist either :shrug:

just tryin to think realistically

LemonMacPhisto said:

In a perfect world they wouldn't be in my setlist either :shrug:

just tryin to think realistically

I'd be open to One --> One Step Closer (snippet) --> Streets.

I'd love for OSC to appear live, even in snippet form. Not going to happen though, it seems. :(

Axver said:

I'd be open to One --> One Step Closer (snippet) --> Streets.

I'd love for OSC to appear live, even in snippet form. Not going to happen though, it seems. :(

That's a great idea :up:

I'm very curious to see what this "reworking Streets" idea is too :hyper:

Streets needs to close the main set like PopMart, none of this One speech -> One crap killing the momentum

No, what they need is to ditch the whole Streets intro and go back to the way they've been doing it up until this tour. Red screen, lights on during the intro, etc. :wink: :drool:

Axver said:
Dear U2.com,

The song does not go "it gets so warm in here". It gets so HOT in here, you idiots.

:lmao:
probably not a good idea to misquote 11 O’clock Tick Tock around a U2 fan (perhaps they are rehearsing that - it would be fun to see how many u2 fans would spontaneously combust at the mere thought :drool: )

I thought a better analogy would have been from Zooropa
It's cold outside but brightly lit
but then again it seems that the band has a severe case of amnesia concerning the events from 1993-1999 so I can see the overlook there :wink:

Rehearsals threw up some changes: new visuals in some places and, as our shot shows, Original of the Species looked particularly stunning.

WOW!
Finally something I agree on with u2.com.

Looks like there's been some creative rethinking of 'Streets' too, but more of that after the first show.

:ohmy:

What if "One" is dropped from the setlist and the main set ends with "Where the streets have no name" with African flags at the beginning that as the song goes on are gradually replaced by red lights and Bono talking about RED.

TheBrazilianFly said:

Is that Bono with a guitar during OOTS? Fucking finally! :rockon:
Those new images are beautiful. :up:

That's not the Irish Falcon he usually plays during OOTS!? A new song maybe???? :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

im guessing we dont have a source tonight. :sad:

Last edited:
Axver said:
Dear U2.com,

No love,
Someone who knows more about U2 than you stupid pillocks

mandrill-baboon.gif

Shut up, kid.

Miringeltje said:

What if "One" is dropped from the setlist and the main set ends with "Where the streets have no name" with African flags at the beginning that as the song goes on are gradually replaced by red lights and Bono talking about RED.

You may be on something, but there's no way One gonna be dropped.

It's Original of the Species for sure. He played the acoustic guitar for that song on the last dates of the 3rd leg.

Zooropean103 said:
You may be on something, but there's no way One's gonna be dropped.

One can always hope, right?

It's not that I dislike "One" either.
I just think it's overplayed way too much.

It's one of a few songs that hardly ever is left out.
And I'm just of the opinion that some of them need some retirement.

Imagine if it is dropped.
WOW!
Everybody would be :shocked:

Although I think chances are higher that Pride will be the song that gets dropped.
Seeing as it wasn't on the list of songs that was rehearsed.

Miringeltje said:
It's not that I dislike "One" either.
I just think it's overplayed way too much.

It's one of a few songs that hardly ever is left out.

I hate to give this correction, but it's not just hardly ever left out, but NEVER left out. Since its debut at ZooTV's opening show, it hasn't missed a full tour gig. :|

Imagine if it is dropped.
WOW!
Everybody would be :shocked:

Although I think chances are higher that Pride will be the song that gets dropped.

If either Pride or One are dropped, I will reach through my computer screen and hug every single person in the setlist party.

If both are dropped, I won't hug anyone because I'll be lying on the floor after collapsing from joyful shock.

I felt a bit cheated at the show I went to when I heard the paltry Pride -> Streets transition, the songs individually were great, but no red lights, no smoke, no Running... harmonica, no All I Want is...YOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUs

it was like asking for sex and getting a candy bar, still good, but not as satisfying

Back
Top Bottom