Recording with an iPOD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

njelevation06

War Child
Is there anyway to record the shows with an iPOD? I know you can do it with that dinky voice microphone you can attach. But is there a better way to do it? Any ideas? I have first row 200 level to one of the Philly shows right off the stage, it would be a GREAT spot to tape!

yeah, thats all i know of too but that quality stinks and the bitrate is very low ... hmmmm there has got to be another way

I don't know about iPods, but recently I recorded some traditional performances of dance songs/chants with my digital camera while in Africa. I'm very impressed with the quality and if I can get my camera into a show, I might give that a try. (I actually record it as a video w/ the lens covered, then rip the mp3s from the avi later on)

Yeah that is def. a great idea, my friend and I recorded a bit of the Brookyln show with his digital camera, both the video and audio were great, the only problem is that it eats up memory extremely fast. One would have to change the memory cards frequently and have a lot of them. I'm going to bring my digital camera to video tape a few of the songs, etc. But I wanted something to capture the audio of the entire show. I really think the video on this tour will be fantastic. Every night there will be dozens of fans in the GA section with their digital cameras. I can't wait. It should be fantastic. The boots of this tour will far surpass last tour's. And I'll try to do my part!!! :wink:

certainly some will have the latest tiny video cameras as well, and do the entire show, they do at all the other concerts I go to. Nobody has answered as to what mp3 recorder one should buy to do concerts with?

I did a little research today. They are currently working on a new PodZilla for the U2 iPods (which i have) to enable the iPod to record live music through the same jack that your headphones plug into. The quality is good, but there are still working on the technology. So hopefully by the time my shows roll aroun in May and Oct I will be ready for me to record with my U2 iPod.

I'm sure that doesn't apply to just the U2 iPods. I've got the standard 20 gig and as far as I know, they're the exact same hardware in a different casing.

So this can maybe be done with an iPod? I know the Nomad Jukebox can record, and if your mic is decent it supposedly does a good job. I have an RCA Lyra, wonder if that will do it too?

inmyplace13 said:
I'm sure that doesn't apply to just the U2 iPods. I've got the standard 20 gig and as far as I know, they're the exact same hardware in a different casing.

yeah its u2 ipods and all 4th generation iPods (20 gigs, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom