Reasons the presale went so well this time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peacefrogdog

The Fly
Sorry if this is posted elsewhere.

For most , the 3rd leg presale went very well. I still have no problems locating tickets close to 10 PM the day of the general u2.com presale. I know Larry Mullen said they'd try to fix things and it certainly seems like they did that.

Other than the 1 day head start for Prop members, what changes were made that has made things so much easier for non-Prop u2.com members? And how do these changes bode for future tours and presales?

Or was it so much easier this time around because so many used their codes for leg 1 (including the brokers who had bought up so many u2.com memberships for the purpose of the presale) and that there were relatively less available codes for leg 3?

Yeah...for a lot of cities there were probably only a hundred or so people going for tickets...if that.

So I guess we shouldn't be so optimistic for future tours, if they keep the same system and everyone is back in the same 'pool'.

i really think it's more than just the lack of people trying for tickets, considering so many came up empty on the 1st leg.

there had to be some kind of filtering program used to ensure that scalpers couldn't get in. how the hell they did that, i couldn't tell ya.

Back
Top Bottom