Rear seating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jerseyhitman12

Babyface
Hey guys. I'm going to my first U2 show on May 22nd in Philly. I have seats in the first row of the second level directly behind the stage. I'm a little worried about this. How obstructed will my view be? Is it still worth it? I realize nobody knows stage design for this tour yet, but what are your thoughts based on Elevation? Thanks for your help

to add another good question to that is, did they sell obstructed view tickets during the elevation tour? if they did then its bad news, but if they didn't then it probably means the band will be visible

i sat at the back of the stage, top row for montreal in spring 2001. aside from hanging spotlights and whatnot, the view was only obstructed when the video screens rose up towards the back of the stage.

of course, i was always pretty far away, but it was better than not being in the house.

kobayashi said:
aside from hanging spotlights and whatnot, the view was only obstructed when the video screens rose up towards the back of the stage.

I had seats and GA all over the place for Elevation. By far, if I was/when I go for seats on Sat general sale, Id go for behind the stage, but closer, compared to across the arena or up high.

Only the screens that raised out of the stage blocked Larry out last time around, and the screens were only up for for 3 or 4 songs at the most. There was also hanging screens facing the seats behind the stage so you can just watch Larry on those for the few songs.

Although stage design is unknown, there is NO way U2 would go back to side stage speaker stacks. The smaller speakers they had suspended from the ceiling had better sound quality than any side stage stack Ive ever heard in an arena and obviously they dont restrict sight as much, if at all.

Last edited:
Thanks for your responses so far. I'm getting really pumped for the tour but at the same time I was also very nervous. It sounds like it won't be bad at all though. If anyone else has any experience with this, it would be much appreciated.

I also have behind the stage. Front row center of the balcony...Im nervous about it as well but all we can do is wait.:(

scottishlush said:
I also have behind the stage. Front row center of the balcony...Im nervous about it as well but all we can do is wait.:(

For Philly 5/22??? If so, what section. I"m in row 1 of 219A

i have rear of stage (actually along the back corner, edge's side) for 2nd Chicago show. there may be small obstructions from time to time, but there won't be a huge curtain blocking the view. u2 would not sell those tickets if you couldn't see most of what is going on. it will be a great bargain in my opinion since we will be real close to the band.

Back
Top Bottom