Quotes Needed: U2’s Must Play List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ultraviolet would kick butt!! I saw someone on this thread say Hawkmoon 269....I like that idea, that would make me happy no doubt. Of course they have to do With or Without you, and Where the Streets have no name, it wouldn't ne a U2 show without those...Until the end of the World, Gone, Electrical Storm would be cool to!!

Quote me....I triple dog dare ya!!:wink: :yes:

Streets is a must , sends shivers down my spine too , it's that transition from All i want is You , every emotion known to man runs through ya quicker than a pint of Guinness. Along with Till the End of the World and Beautiful Day , Think Walk On as traditional Last Song would be GREAT !!!
Permission Granted

For me it has to be Where the Streets Have No Name. I can't imagine seeing any U2 concert without that song. I never, ever get tired of seeing the song played live and the feeling I get when those first notes start. It always brings tears to my eyes and makes me feel giddy at the same time. I'd be truly disappointed if the band decided to drop that song from their shows.

permission to quote granted :)

AS a 22-year fan of the band who is FINALLY going to get to see them up close this year, I can honestly say that if they did I Will Follow (the song that made me fall in love with them) I would become one with the cosmos.

love, pas

permission granted

It's one of those songs that gets improved live. But the diffrence with this one, is that it' gets improved a lot more than others, and it's already better than most songs to start out with. I need to hear this song live, and I need to be stood next to a very big speaker so it can blow my head off! I am of course talking about Until the End of the World.

-----------
You can quote me

Where the Streets Have no Name is one you have to play on every U2 tour. I think U2 must play some of their old songs, REALLY old songs. Stories for Boys would be good on about 75% of the shows, and maybe A Day Without me a few times and see if it goes well. Gloria, Surrender, and Two Hearts Beat as One would be awesome too.

permission granted

I'll just add the already obvious:

Streets is the best live U2 song ever. Period. It can't be skipped and I think the band is on record as saying they would never pull it from the set. Even the mighty One has had the odd night off, but Streets is never missing...

quote away...

Where The Streets Have No Name....from U2s rise to superstardom, through the glory of ZooTV's rise above the satellites, to the Mothership Popmart.....through the Elevation of the new millennium....This song has stood the test of time and just gets better with age.

Quote Granted.

Bad, Hands down. Literally changed my life the first time I heard it live, and it has carried me through the ups an downs of my life. If I don't hear it live this tour...I will incinerate my U2.com membership card!!!

you can certainly quote me!!

You have my permission....

I'm a little tired of the 'Traditional' U2 concert FORMAT. By format I mean 7 or 8 new songs from the current album and 15 ‘classic’ songs. If I didn't hear 'Steets', 'Haven't found' or 'Sunday' I wouldn't be disappointed. Please don’t get me wrong, I love these songs. I have precious memories that INVOLVE these songs. However, I’d prefer to hear some b-side or more obscure stuff (Exit, 2 Hearts, Drowning Man, 2 shots of happy, The fool.... ). People would go to a Grateful Dead show to see what they’d play. I go to a U2 show to see what they’ll play different. I have seen this band about 60 times since 1987. I've heard 'Streets', 'Haven't found' and 'Sunday' about 59 times each. In trying to get my point across, on the last tour, U2 played 'Out of Control' a few times. If you were there, what would your reaction be? Mine too.

:rockon:

While it's been played on every tour since its introduction on Zoo TV, Until the End of the World must be played on this tour. All members of U2 are in their best form for this song.

permission granted

I know that I am looking forward to hearing Streets live, knowing the energy that it was performed with after 9/11 and going to see the show in New Jersey which was affected by this, it will be one of the most moving and spiritual experiences that being in church could never give me.

you have permission to use that

Like everyone has already said, I think Streets, WOWY, Pride, One are all staples live. But I think we can also throw Beautiful Day into that category. I think it should become a live staple in the vein of the previously mentioned songs. The live versions I've heard from recent HTDAAB promo stops are fantasic. The song sounds as fresh as ever. I think BD just has that classic, anthem live sound that other U2 classics have. And also, BD gave U2 another lease on life, in terms of commercial. Even though I absolutely love PoP, there's no questions that it didn't do well here in the states. And with BD, U2 regained that popularity and some more in America. Years from now it will definitely be remembered as a U2 classic along with others such as Bad, Streets, WOWY, I Will Follow, One, Pride, etc...

you can quote me

absolutely have to hear these songs...

Beautiful Day
New Year's Day
With Or Without You
One
Where The Streets Have No Name
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Pride

can do without:

Lemon
Discotechque (sp?)

...permission to be quoted

Last edited:
you have my permission

80% of the new album is a must
others i would like:
do you feel loved
electricl storm
gloria (would be amazing)
surrender
bad
kite
in a little while
zoo station (oncore)
streets
the fly
please
one
WOWY
seconds

time to retire:

mysterious ways
bullet the blue sky (i am actually starting to hate this song after 6,000 listens)
even better then the real thing
until the end of the world
i will follow
sunday bloody sunday
pride
angel of harlem
when love comes to town (my least favorite U2 song, i usually bolt for the bathroom when i hear this start)

Back
Top Bottom