question for Chicago goers and a GA question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
First of all, since I haven't had tickets up til this point I never really thought about it. How is GA working this tour? I've heard about them randomly picking people via the computer system. How's that work? Also, if anyone out there is familiar with United Center parking, please give me the low down! I'm sure the prices suck, but I'm more concerned with how early I can park. I'd like to actually get there early, GA or not. Thanks!

clarityat3am said:
First of all, since I haven't had tickets up til this point I never really thought about it. How is GA working this tour? I've heard about them randomly picking people via the computer system. How's that work? Also, if anyone out there is familiar with United Center parking, please give me the low down! I'm sure the prices suck, but I'm more concerned with how early I can park. I'd like to actually get there early, GA or not. Thanks!

Chiz, ruffian, and eep probably are the best sources, but I know that along the GA line is a side street where you can park (for free) until the lots open, if you get there early enough to find space. We got in line at 5:45am and parked right where we were in line. Then at one point, a security truck drove by yelling that the lot was open, so we moved the car right away to get a close spot in the lot since we didn't need to leave and come back to the UC at all. I think it was $20 to park for the rest of the day until the end of the concert.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Chiz, ruffian, and eep probably are the best sources, but I know that along the GA line is a side street where you can park (for free) until the lots open, if you get there early enough to find space. We got in line at 5:45am and parked right where we were in line. Then at one point, a security truck drove by yelling that the lot was open, so we moved the car right away to get a close spot in the lot since we didn't need to leave and come back to the UC at all. I think it was $20 to park for the rest of the day until the end of the concert.

Actually, Laura (stories for boys) helped run the GA in Chicago way more than I did.

But yeah, just park where everyone else parks (if the lot isn't open when you get there). I think it was around noon that it finally opened....maybe earlier, I really don't remember. They weren't too picky with us in the morning hours.

And the computer picking is done inside the arena, after we've separated into two lines. The line separation doesn't happen until closer to the time going in though. So just get in line and wait for some helpful fans to split the line for everyone.

bonosloveslave said:
Where is the best place to park if you want to be able leave for a bit to drive back to your hotel?

On the street by the GA line. Just off of Adams Street..... it's a dead end....

bonosloveslave said:
Is it legal to park there without a permit?

If you're there before the lot opens or during the day, you're fine. But the closer you get to show time it's not a cool thing to do and I think you do need a permit. All I know is we always park there for part of the day and we're fine.

Back
Top Bottom