Question for anyone who's been to L.A., San Diego Shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gmr7494

Babyface
There's a song they play over the P.A. right before U2 kicks off the concert. It's a catchy tune with a nice, melodic chorus. Does anybody know what song it is and what band it's from?

The song is "Wake Up" by the Arcade Fire. When the intro recording goes into "Everyone...everyone...EVERYONE!" etc., this ties into the concept that everyone was created under the same equal image by God. Between Pride and Streets Bono says "everyone"! should be equal and he ties it into the ONE campaign to promote equality in Africa. This is the basic concept of the tour. "Everyone" must be seen as equal under the eyes of God. And this song Wake Up must be used to awaken activism in America etc. By the way, I was at SD 1,2, and GA floor for Anaheim 2

gnagle said:
The song is "Wake Up" by the Arcade Fire. When the intro recording goes into "Everyone...everyone...EVERYONE!" etc., this ties into the concept that everyone was created under the same equal image by God. Between Pride and Streets Bono says "everyone"! should be equal and he ties it into the ONE campaign to promote equality in Africa. This is the basic concept of the tour. "Everyone" must be seen as equal under the eyes of God. And this song Wake Up must be used to awaken activism in America etc. By the way, I was at SD 1,2, and GA floor for Anaheim 2

Well said. Thanks.

Arcade Fire is awesome-Their album Funeral rocks! Good choice boys for the opening to the show.

nbcrusader said:
:up: great lead in music for the shows....

That's exactly what I said when I heard the song -- I wondered who it was (yay! now I know!) and thought it was an appropriate song to lead into it... Because right afterward, there they came!

Back
Top Bottom