Question about Boston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cardosino

War Child
Why the hoopla ? I don't think I've ever seen a more relaxed uninvolved crowd on a U2 DVD, and I have many...

Almost as bad as LA.........

There is no comparison between "watching" a DVD and being there. If only they would have filmed Elevation Boston 4 when fellow Interferencer db9 rushed on to the stage, picked up Bono and carried him around the stage. If that's not involved, I don't know what is. Why don't you try attending a show in Boston before you ask yourself what all the hoopla is about.
Besides Boston, I don't think there's any U2 show where the fans aren't involved in one way or another. What's all the hoopla about flaming Boston anyway?

Boston has shown U2 a lot of love for 25+ years and the band have loved us right back in appreciation plus Beantown has a strong connection to Ireland.

In regard to the DVD there were many good looking chicks who were placed inside the heart for the DVD taping rather than true fans who normally would have been in there so I agree the it was not as intense as usual. The bigger problem is cooperations and brokers who hoard so many tickets that real fans are being squeezed out of many venues. The available seats are limited and the prices are inflated. THANK YOU U2 for holding tix as presale for their fans - do not take this for granted.

Boston gets 7 shows. Nuff said. There is no better place in the U.S. to see the band than Boston. I have seen many tours in many cities and only Dublin is better in the world.

The 7th show in Boston nearly 9 months in advance sold out in 10 minutes. That energy is apparent when they come to the city and at the concerts here.

you'll see me there for at least 6 shows.

I was at Eleveation Boston#2 (the show filmed for the DVD), and in my 30+ shows, that one quite possibly could have been the best (despite my crappy seats). You just can't capture a good live performance on DVD.

I've seen this band all across the country, and a U2 concert in Boston just feels different. The crowd is more energized, and there is clearly a special connection between the band and the city and its fans. If you compare Boston to NY, LA, and Chicago, its a relatively small city, yet they are playing 7 shows there this tour. I think that says it all.

First let me preface this by saying I am from NH, and a huge red sox fan :wink:

But I think Canada is unbelievable for U2 shows. Every show I have seen there is incredible, Hamilton was my favorite of the last tour.

Sorry Bruins fans...Montreal for me.

I didn't think the Elevation was so bad either. Then I listened to the ripped audio alone, and it bit... comparatively, that is. Bono's rocked it harder on so many other nights.

I, for one, wouldn't have minded seeing ugly people (e.g. me) shake it up front, as long as they were loving it. Pretty people are too self-conscious all the time.

Back
Top Bottom