Pyrotechnics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
Would you like to see U2 use pyrotechnics during their live shows, or would that be too cheesy?

Discuss...

DSC_349020Pyrotechnics20l.jpg

:tsk:

Ok then, which songs would you think some pyrotechnics would fit in? They shot off some fireworks during Bullet the Blue Sky during the JT tour, what other songs could it work for?

the reason why I ask is because I was reading a Rolling Stones message board and this is how the show starts

]The lights in the arena diM....
The jumbotron screen has a faint fire spark which grows to an explosion..
The Guggenhiem front of the stage seating area starts pulsating with light..
Noise or drums, loud humming electronica effects can be heard..
The light turns evolves into the entire screen, then evovles into a semi meteor storm of asteriods, space shuttles, rocket ships. All the while, for brief moments, the silhouettes of each of the Stones appears in a cloud burst..
Then the tongue travels diagnolly across the screen..
You then have a brief snippet of various items from the Stones past including the blimp at night....
Music, lights, video all heat up with a blaze of glory....
Firepots explode, START ME UP!

sounds pretty badass to me, but i dont think U2 is the type of band to be able to pull it off

Chizip said:
the reason why I ask is because I was reading a Rolling Stones message board and this is how the show starts

sounds pretty badass to me, but i dont think U2 is the type of band to be able to pull it off

Didn't they use fireworks at the Slane concerts at the end (not on the DVD but..)?

Well, the Edge is on fire every night... :hmm:

I've also noticed that U2 never uses pyrotechnics during their shows, but then again they don't usually do a big laser thing either. Maybe they feel those things are a bit too much for them?

Edit: I can't spell worth crap this morning.

U2dork said:
Well, the Edge is on fire every night... :hmm:

I've also noticed that U2 never uses pyrotechnics during their shows, but then again they don't usually do a big lazar thing either. Maybe they feel those things are a bit too much for them?

those are too much but the worlds largest tv screen, olive on a stick, and lemon shaped mirrorball that they ride around in aren't too much ;)

Well, since they have the tv screen and crazyness up there already, wouldn't fireworks just be like another drop in the bucket, so what's the point?

:edge: Hey Bono, what do you think about some red lasers shooting out into the crowd during my Bullet solo

:bono: Don't be silly the Edge, that's over the top and cheesy

:edge: Hmm, well how about we ride around in a huge lemon shapped mirrorball?

:bono: Brilliant!!!

:larry: Hey guys, that Chizip dude of interference is still misquoting us every single day. Let's go kick his :censored: with some pyrotechnics!!!

:bono: :edge: :adam: Yeah!!!!!!

<<U2 never uses pyrotechnics>>

- "Star Spangled" fireworks in 1987

- Desire 'money' in 1992(outdoor)

- DGPFYCC 'money' in 1993

- Dry Ice duing RTSS in 1992/3

- Dry ice when the Lemon comes out in 1997

- 'Fog Thingie' Human Rights in 2005

- Dry Ice during Zoo Station 2005

- Confetti during COBL 2005

u2fp

now that i think about it, some lasers could be realllly cool during Miracle Drug :hmm:

maybe some Hologram technology could be cool too. they could have a man walking out on the catwalk during sometimes, and he and Bono could meet at the tip right when Bono hits the siiiiiiiiiing part

FWIW, U2 briefly used pyro's for the "boom-cha's" in Discotheque on the Popmart tour. In particular, they were used for the third Giants Stadium show, but not the second. (I wasn't at the first, so someone else may remember.)

but confetti, fog and dry ice don't count as pyrotechnics, do they? There's no "pyro" involved there.

I'm all for lasers. The laser/fog combo is :up:. I'm sure Willie could figure out a way to put more of this in the show if he wanted to.

Well, being a science/math geek, I've always been intrigued by lasers.:shrug:
And the Pink Floyd Laser Tribute was awesome! Nothin' cheesy 'bout that! :wink:

the who would use lasers during the beginning of baba o'reilly and it looked bad assssss

U2Man said:

No, to quote myself:

"Lasers are cheesy"

but Pink Floyd used a ton of lasers, so that means their shows must have been cheesy

Back
Top Bottom