Purchasing and collecting tickets internationally.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Hi everyone,

I've come across a little dilemma. I'm in Australia, seeking to see U2 in the US. However, the only option to purchase and collect tickets via Ticketmaster seems to be Will Call, where I order online and then pick the tickets up from the venue on the day. Couple of problems with that:

1. I'm going GA in Boston. If I had to wait to pick up the tickets, I'd just be watching the GA line get longer and miss out on getting as close as possible.

2. I need to pick the tickets up with the credit card I used to order them. I won't have that - my mother, back in Australia, will.

Any advice on what I should do? And how is the presale meant to work - if I just give my U2.com code to someone else, can they use that, order through their own Ticketmaster account with their own card, and I just pay them back?

Thanks for any help. I'm really stressed out of my mind here.

Axver said:

1. I'm going GA in Boston. If I had to wait to pick up the tickets, I'd just be watching the GA line get longer and miss out on getting as close as possible.

No.

You line up in the GA lineup without tickets. The venue will open up its will call (pick up window) about a couple of hours before the show starts. At that point, just ask the people around you to hold your spot for 5 minutes. It's no big deal. After all, you'll leave for longer than that to go to the bathroom.

Axver said:

2. I need to pick the tickets up with the credit card I used to order them. I won't have that - my mother, back in Australia, will.

Bring your mothers CC with you. And do what Anitram said many people will do the same thing.

Re: Re: Purchasing and collecting tickets internationally.

anitram said:

No.

You line up in the GA lineup without tickets. The venue will open up its will call (pick up window) about a couple of hours before the show starts. At that point, just ask the people around you to hold your spot for 5 minutes. It's no big deal. After all, you'll leave for longer than that to go to the bathroom.

I'll be there with a couple of people. It's alright if they hold my line - when I return, I won't be seen as cutting in line?

I need to figure out how to get a card I can take to the States, in that case.

Re: Re: Re: Purchasing and collecting tickets internationally.

Axver said:

I'll be there with a couple of people. It's alright if they hold my line - when I return, I won't be seen as cutting in line?

I need to figure out how to get a card I can take to the States, in that case.

As long as you've been seen on the line all day no one will say anything, even the person in front of you and behind you during the line all day will help you. You can even be alone, being with other people will only make things easier.

Nobody will mind. Obviously everyone will leave at some point unless people plan on dropping their pants and pissing in line.

Hell, last time there were people who spent ALL day in line waiting for additional tix to go on sale and showed up at 4 pm to finally sit in line with their friends. I only saw some of them for maybe 10 minutes all day.

Thanks, ramblin rose and anitram. I think I'll be able to borrow the Ticketmaster account and card of one of the friends I'm going with, though.

Do details on U2.com need to match details on Ticketmaster, does anyone know?

Hey ive got the same problem, i live in Perth and am hoping for GA Cardiff Tix on friday.... Does the mailing address have to be the same as the credit card holders address?? (as i will be using dads CC)

at my concert, this chick went out of line to pee, and we never saw her again, we were saving her place, so went looking for her and stuff as the show drew closer....no sign of her.

month later, looking on the internet, we see a picture of her on stage playing guitar w/bono and co. and that was the next show after the one we went to!!!

Maybe she escaped for a head start on the next show, lol!!!!

lcfcok said:
Hey ive got the same problem, i live in Perth and am hoping for GA Cardiff Tix on friday.... Does the mailing address have to be the same as the credit card holders address?? (as i will be using dads CC)

For the US Ticketmaster, it seems that the billing address and postal address have to match exactly. Well, they don't even give a postal address option, it's just the billing one.

Don't know about the UK/Europe, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom