PRESALE: The Official "I Got Tickets" Thread! - POST HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrisedge

Fan & Taper
The Official "I Got Tickets" Thread! - ALL "I GOT TICKETS" DISCUSSION HERE

With presales happening in less than 24 hours, lets start the official thread. Post your show and the kind of tickets you got...

:crossesfingers:

I'm glad you got tickets. I'm still trying to gert Twickenham - have given upon standing long ago so it's seating now. Still no luck. Four and a half hours.

4 and a half hours and waiting for my code to be fixed

congrats to who did get them,I want a blow by blow review

But are we able to use the presale for any extra dates? I know this question's been asked already about 10 times, but my brain said goodnight hours ago and hasn't been seen since.

2 Seated at Twickenham, west stand middle, wherever that is. Hope it's good.
I originally typed in 4 but had an absolute heart attack when i saw the price, so went back and changed it
I had mine by five past ten - is it just luck or server speed as to who gets through first?

4 GA's Glasgow, I was very lucky, had my tickets just after 10am, I think I was one of the first in!

sallycinnamon78 said:

But are we able to use the presale for any extra dates? I know this question's been asked already about 10 times, but my brain said goodnight hours ago and hasn't been seen since.

i'm sure you can - it says you can use them on any tickets in the FAQ. The problem is, if they go on sale on Friday, when general release starts, then it could be a problem.

good luck Sally - i'm hoping for you :)

one4u2 said:

Did you go through the link or ticketmaster?

I had the link open through my email since early this morning, hit refresh button at 10am and someone at their end must had flicked the switch at that point and I got through it all without a hitch. I am a very lucky, and I feel for all the headaces most of ya'll are going through.

My mate tried to Manchester one's and followed the same fate as most. So We're still trying on Friday, unless new codes and more tickets are made available on the presales between now and then.

May 18th, the Continental Arena, East Rutherford, NJ...I am there!!!

At first, I couldn't get through to the Continental Arena choice...I kept getting a tickets not available screen. I then tried MSG, and after a brief wait, was told twice that no tickets were available. I went back to the Continental Arena option, and got through that way.

I'd wanted GA tickets, but after getting a message that they weren't available when I was trying for MSG, I decided I'd better take what I could get. So, $367 dollars later (OUCH!!!), I have 2 seats in section 104, which is very close to the right side of the stage...ADAM'S SIDE!!! ::drool: :adam: :heart:

I'm so sorry that many people here had a hard time with this pre-sale. I hope all of us here get to see at least one show.

Well I thought I had 2 Philly GA's only to have Ticketbastard kick my card out at the last second. Said that I entered a wrong 3 digit code thing in which I actually did lol

Best part is I didnt get the tickets...

Why?

Because I only saw the 49.50 and didnt realize they were nosebleeds.

Ah well fuck U2 and Ticketmaster on this one, gonna go with the cattle call on Saturday.

Elevation all over again. Horrible presale.

After several tries for Boston GA, I went with best available for 5/24, got two in the first row of the balcony, section 314. I had similar seats for Boston4 back in '01, it's a good overall view of the show.

Won't stop me from trying to do better for 5/26 on Saturday.... :wink:

Got through, with no wait at all, to buy GA's in Boston...but they were gone at 10:00. Or maybe, just maybe, there were never any F*$#ing GA's on sale in the first place. So now, $367 later, I finally have 2 tickets I don't really want. Ahh....trade bait.

-Mike

I pulled up 349 at MSG but passed. I then went to the NJ show on 5/18 and got 2 tickets in Section 3. I think that is towards the back of the floor, but TM says that it is a fan club section - at $353 for the pair, I hope it's on the stage.

2 On The Floor AT MSG!

1st try ---didn't have the code to paste, idiot!
2nd try---Searched for GA, came up empty
3rd try---Five minute queau (sic?) and Jackpot! Amazingly.

judging by the posts, I did pretty well...

I'm so content, I saw the Brooklyn show from the front rw between Bono and the Edge, and I don't have to spend all sorts of time on ebay for decent MSG tickets. bonus, I'm going to be in Vancouver at the same time as that show.

Now, if it could be 30 degrees warmer...

Last edited:
I got in literally immediately to MSG and tried for GAs. I would say within 15 seconds of the tickets opening, I was already in simply to be greeted with a 'GAs sold out' message. It seems like u2.com did not put many, if any, GAs for the presale. That is very disappointing, especially since the alternative is $170/ticket. Hopefully the site will throw some more tickets on, cause that presale was bullshit.

Mike

HI Fluffy123. I would definitely be interested in the 2 Cardfif GA tickets. Im from down the road there in Newport and will travel back in a hreatbeat from Miami for the show.

Email me at bkavanagh@mindspring.com and I'm sure I can offer you somehting great in return.

Same story as all for Boston, no GA's to be found.
So rather than pay $165, I searched for $95 loges and got a pair in loge 20, direct side stage, and tossed a few pair back till I got seat #s that are high, should be the 2 seats right along the aisle to loge 21.
Sat there for Boston 4 in 2001, just as good as loge 21, but $70 per seat cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom