PRESALE: The Official "I Got Tickets" Thread! - POST HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princey said:

really? what did you think of the place? I think its a right dump!

I'll be leaving Hull this year for pastures new (im offf to Uni). Who knows, maybe more strange coincidences will pop up between now and June 18th...
Is Hull your hometown then? If so, you have my sympathies. :huh:

It is a complete and utter shithole really, isn't it? I was lucky in that IO escaped to Holland for a year - but still spent 3 years in Hull. Or Hell, as I prefer to call it.

I remember by the end of my 1st year, I'd come around to thinking that I loved the place even though it was a nightmare. 2 further years living there put me straight on that one!!

i got 2 in section 320 for l.a. staples center. will try for GA in the general public sale this sunday.

it seems like hardly anyone in north america managed to get GA tickets.

2 GA tickets to openning night SD!!!
also have a friend with 2 seats to SD and wants to trade for 1 GA to SD. email him if you know anyone with an extra GA ticket or if someone wants to trade: u2warlp@gmail.com

got tix to San Diego, the expensive ones, L22 row 8. i was so nervous that if i didn't accept those i may not get anything. i was on the phone w/ my brother and he was trying on 2 computers at his house and he could not get thru. i was so nervous during the whole thing that i think it took a year off my life, i needed a drink after that. i will try my luck at GA's this weekend. keeping my fingers crossed that they will add more shows. let me know if anyone wants to meet up in SD or if anyone has an extra GA for sale for any of the southern Cali shows let me know.:flirt:

I got two tickets to Staples in section 106. I think they are 26 & 27. I wanted GA. The only reason I got tickets is because I had a friend on a T1 line trying as well.

My best friend got 114. I think. I tried for GA, it's what I wanted, but instead I had to pay through the arse for seats. 'sigh' I think this will be the last concert I go to after hearing everyone's problems. I've had similar problems with Ticketmaster before... I'm sure it won't be the last time any of us has complaints either.... Sorry guys.

I also have to try my luck Sunday for a friend who couldn't afford the $40.00 U2.CON keychain so she can get tixs.

Good luck everyone.

Getting Tickets Was Easy

I am honestly baffled as to why people here are so upset with the ticket pre-sale. I convinced 5 of my college friends to sign up for fanclub membership, and we all decided to try for San Diego GA tickets. Out of the 6 of us, 3 got 2 GA tix each. As soon as we realized that the U2.com URL mapped to ticketmaster.com, we just went straight to Ticketmaster's site instead, to avoid the crush on the U2.com servers.

I realize that we were pretty lucky, and maybe it's easy for me to be content because I got tickets, but the ridiculous negativity on the site is getting pathetic. Sheesh, it's U2 tickets, people! Getting them is always a crazy, frantic, stressful process that leaves more people empty-handed than it lets in to the concerts. Every time the band goes on tour, people who miss out on tickets freak out, swear that they're done with U2, try and organize bizarre protests, etc. Chill out! This is rock n' roll! Imagine what our parents had to go through to get Beatles and Led Zeppelin tickets, back when there were no online fan clubs! Sheesh!

[Edit: note to Moderators -- sorry for posting in the wrong forum; can this be moved? Thanks!]

Last edited:
chicago 5/7, section 106, row 15. not what i wanted, but i didn't have the nerve to reject them and risk ending up with something far worse. so, considering the hell that so many others went through, i guess i'm lucky.

trying again for GA this weekend though... just like everyone else. :D

Ok its Noob education time....

Im in Australia and would love 2 Cardiff GA's, i shall be on the net at 4pm local Perth time (10am GMT), do i need to register at ticketmaster site???

P.S - Good luck to everyone else morro

I've got my tickets for Brussels!!! ...right in front of the stage.... The Belgians are selling 2 different kind of GA-tix.
Love it!
-Will

sallycinnamon78 said:

Is Hull your hometown then? If so, you have my sympathies. :huh:

It is a complete and utter shithole really, isn't it? I was lucky in that IO escaped to Holland for a year - but still spent 3 years in Hull. Or Hell, as I prefer to call it.

I remember by the end of my 1st year, I'd come around to thinking that I loved the place even though it was a nightmare. 2 further years living there put me straight on that one!!

Hull...Hell....yeah i've heard that one before. I've lived in Hull all my life but believe me im looking forward to the day i leave this place. What course did you do? I think the law department is supposed to be pretty good.

Well he must have gotten lucky when someone's credit card was rejected because there is only upper level seats available now for both Jersey dates.

i had no luck finding anything good with 2 seats yesterday, only people looking for one ticket have a chance to get good seats I think. I didn't check NJ though, it was other venues.

I've checked the NJ/NY shows multiple times a day/night since Tuesday--always upper section seating.

Also, the seating chart is still questionable for NJ. A number of times I've pulled seats for section 244--not even listed on the chart?

Re: tickets

brianpotter said:
got 4 GA tickets for Manchester (will probably piss down anyway)

me too - and not therefore allowed to participate in the open sale (see 4 tickets max thread for details)

Mike

I got 2 tickets for the May 24th show in Boston. Sitting in BAL307, row 8, seats 13-14...I would rather have gotten GA but whatcha gonna do.

I am going to try to get GA this Saturday. If anyone has any extra GA tickets let me know! Thank youuuuu.

Got up the earliest I have got up in many a long time to waddle down the University library and click on "Refresh" as quickly as i could - but my f***ing god its worth it. Got 4 tickets for City of Manchester gig (standing obviously). Came to £223.95 with all the booking shite but to be honest I couldnt give a toss.

2 for Twickenham seated
4 for Cardiff (will sell 2 of them) standing
2 for Glasgow seated
2 for Manchester seated

I am a happy chappy.
Sorry if some of you guys didn't get any, but there's ALWAYS touts/scalpers outside all venues (bastards though they are)

got 2 GA for Cardiff this morning aswell as 2 Seated for Twickenham. I can just say how much easier it was to get tickets without the presale, although i still had a few problems getting through to ticketmaster this morning!

Back
Top Bottom