PRESALE: The Official "I Got Tickets" Thread! - POST HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know whats really fucking funny about those 95 and 165 tickets?

They are marked with the words

U2 FAN CLUB DISCOUNT

WTF??!!

well!!!!.........I GOT TICKETS!!!!!!!!

I've got two floor tickets for U2's first european show in Brussel...

I COULDN'T BE MORE HAPPY

SOMEBODY WAKE ME UP!!!

I got 2 GA for May 9th @ the United Center in Chicago. I don't know how...but I did read another post re hitting a general search so maybe that's how I got lucky. My story: I kept trying to login BEFORE 10 AM just in case my clocks didn't match Ticketmasters. I got in right away and my hands were shaking I was so nervous. Then I entered my code wrong - part of it was 0o and it looked like an upper case letter O then a lower case letter o, but it was a ZERO then an o - grrrrrrr. So I searched for the 5/7 show for GA and it said they were gone. It gave me crappy seats way at the back in the upper balcony so I declined. Then I went to 5/9 and tried GA - no tickets available either and it came up with more crappy tickets in the same area - declined. Now I was seriously that I paid $40 to join U2.com. I started typing an e-mail to my sister re how mad I was, etc. After a few sentences I decided to give it another shot for some reason (I feel like someone up above told me to do this!). I tried 5/9 and selected 2 for 49.50 and hit Best Available. I almost fell out of my chair when GA came up!!!! Then it tells me I have ONE minute to fill in my info to get them! WTH?!?!?! Luckily I've typed for years so I was able to complete it in time but I almost had a coronary trying to type and my fingers were shaking really bad. That was WAY too stressful!! I am hoping I actually GET the tickets and something isn't screwed up! If anything bad does happen I am going to try for Milwaukee tickets on the 2nd leg - if they still come there. I am nervous about the GA tickets b/c I will have to fly into the UC to get up front - STRESSFUL!!!!!!

I had my heart set on being in San Diego for the opener, but after over an hour of frustration earlier today I had given up.

But, just a few minutes ago I decided to try again and finally ended up with 2 tix near the top of section T10A - behind the stage, near the top, some of the worst seats in the house - but at least I'll be in the building, and only out $150 for the tickets and fees plus $450 for 2 r/t plane tickets from Atlanta.

I know there are some very good reasons to be pissed about the way everything went today - but now that I know I'll at least be there, I'm very excited

Last edited:
Here is my story.

Trying for "best available" in San Diego,

First time through pulled GREAT SEATS UP (LL12 section) Made it all the way to the end to processing and it died.

Second time:
u2problem06sm.jpg

u2problem08sm.jpg

u2problem10sm.jpg

Bombed again with still decent Lower level bowl seats.

Had a TM manager on the phone for try 3. He gave me at least 15 passwords. Only one of which worked.
u2problem11sm.jpg

It died again.

He gave me Fanfires number to complain.

Fanfire mgr gave me yet another password (This is now about 11:25am PST)

I ended up with FUCKING NOSEBLEEDS FOR $370.05.

I bought them, but feel totally disgusted, and will most likely attend that one show and be done with them for this tour.

FUCK TICKETMASTER

After well over an hour, I finally got through and succeeded in getting $98 upper upper deck tickets to Staples. At least I'll be there.

I got in just after 10, selected "Best Available" and only came up with Loge seats. I wonder if rather than releasing all of them at once, TM was somehow releasing GA tix into the pool 4 or 5 at a time, over the course of 20 minutes or so? The other possibility I suppose, is people grabbing and then releasing GA tix in favor of reserved seating, but that seems unlikely.

If you choose "Best Available", does TM automatically assume that any GA tixket is better than any reserved seat?

karkli said:
I am the proud holder of 2 "reserved seat" tickets to the 5/14 Philadelphia show at the Wachovia Center.

Now I'm in Section 207, Row 9. I'm probably about as far from the stage as you can get without being at the Spectrum. ;)

I'm in Section 209A, Row 11. Here's to us getting better tickets on Saturday. :)

After nearly 3 hours we got 4 Standing Tickets (GA) for London Manchester Glasgow and Cardiff!!!!!!

Look out Dublin and Paris we are coming after you on Monday!!!!:wink:

To say we are all happy is an understatment!!!

2 GA's Boston 5/24. Got through just a few seconds before 10am and was lucky to get GA's.

I was able to score two GA's for Philly. I got in the second it struck 10am. It told me there were none available. So I kept trying. Around 10:05 it put me on a "wait" screen for about 4 minutes, then GA's popped on the screen.

I am very happy I was able to get these tickets because this is the only show I can go to this leg due to my wedding in late May. Couldn't the boys have not played Boston during my honeymoon? heheh.

While I can't complain, I can certainly empathize. I really wish they went back to the old Prop. system where we mailed away for tickets. This was like the elevation pre-sale all over again.. but worse..cuz people paid for the password.

Last edited:
I just got 2 seats for San Diego, they are rear stage row 15, but atleast I will be there :) And I will still try my luck on Sunday :)

U2SJ said:
I just got 2 seats for San Diego, they are rear stage row 15, but atleast I will be there :) And I will still try my luck on Sunday :)

Hey Marissa, we have to at least wave to each other there.

kellyahern, I'll keep an eye out for you as well, neighbor ;)

Well ofcourse Devlin!!! :wave: Yay!!! I think your seats are pretty close to mine!!! Arent they? Mine are like 10A top level!

chiso said:

That's why I asked! :( When I bought the tickets, they showed my seats and they were right behind the stage (shown on a "U2 seating chart, NOT a GA Concert stage) , which is why I bought them. I REALLY hope that seating chart isn't true, otherwise, so much for U2.com members having the best seats.

:|

(Buying tickets was sooo stressful... :crazy: )

I got Sec 112 for Jersey #2 ($95 tix); U2 chart this morning showed it catercorner way across the arena, but now with chart confusion I'm hoping that it is indeed the GA Concert stage chart that is correct, and I'm kinda side/back of stage. ;)

I tried 10:00AM to get a GA ticket to Denver Concert. I couldn`t.

I got a $95 at sec 379 row 1. I hope it`s a good place!

I was going to post here that I got nosebleeds to Chicago, but when I learned that between last night and today the seating chart at the United Center was switched (stage is now on the opposite end of what they showed last night -- now it's between 114 & 120 and NOT between 103 & 109) I no longer have tickets nor a password.

Got a full refund from Ticketmaster tonight after speaking with a supv., indicating that this is misleading at best and fraudulent at worst.

I feel so bad for all the people having trouble. This is the first and only presale I've ever managed to get tickets during, among several of my favorite bands. It's also the first time I paid for a subscription to do so, and I'd be pretty upset if it hadn't worked out for me.

I had bookmarked the ticketmaster page linked in the email containing my password. At 9:56 I was on the page, and refreshed at 10 on the dot. I had no trouble whatsoever getting 2 GA tix or checking out. I had preloaded my shipping/billing info with ticketmaster the night before.

So I will be at the 5/14 show in Philly, but probably way back in the GA section as I'm not fond of camping out and will be travelling from Northern VA and back for the show.

Good luck to everyone who has to wait for the general sale this weekend.

Hell yeah!

I was able to use my single password to secure two GA tickets for BOTH Chicago shows. :D

Here's what I did....

I was at work. I set up 2 comps with the ticketmaster/u2.com link. Both of them had 2 windows set up for both Chicago shows.

I started off trying to get 2 tickets, GA, switching between days. I kept getting an error on one of the computers, so I stuck with the other.

After nothing with the 2 tickets came up, I switched it to 1 and just picked best available instead of GA.

At around 10:19 AM I was going to give up, when the 4 minute wait thing ended and GA came up for May 9th. I quickly put in the CC information. After I secured my GA ticket for the 9th, I looked at the other window and it had a GA up for the 7th! So I decided I'd try and see if I can use my code again, and it let me.

So, I guess if you only went for 1 ticket a show, you could have gotten 2 shows. Which is what I did.

I'm sorry everyone else wasn't quite as lucky.

2 $160 tickets for the Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim. Looks like we are directly across from the stage. Should be some terrific seats. I saw U2 for the first time GA in Anaheim on Elevation Tour. It will be a sort of homecoming for me. I keep getting disappointed when I remember I have to wait 2 months but oh well.

Back
Top Bottom