Prefere a stadium or Arena tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mkdominatr

Refugee
Would you rather see U2 doing a huge scale outdoor show for the next tour or would like them to continue to focus on the music and do an arena show?

i like arena shows because theres good sound but never saw u2 put on a outdoor event.

I hope Stadium tour because would mean they have put out a big album that needs to be played in a stadium. Arena for me would mean they have put out an intimate ATYCLB with a few rockers on it....who knows

I would like to see them in a place where I have tickets for. If it wasn't for Propaganda, I would have been screwed for Elevation. And then they did play in a small stadium here in the Netherlands. Although I of course prefer it to see them in a small club, I think that the best prospects for actually having a ticket will be with a stadium concert. I'm not sure if I have that possibility with an arena show.

Forget clubs, forget arenas, forget stadiums. Just two words: MY BACKYARD.

Ideally, I would like a bit of both to happen within the same tour leg as per The Joshua Tree tour.

I love seeing the band up-close in an intimate setting, it's always of preference to me. But stadium's have their advantages too in the fact that the show can be a bit more spectacular, and hold anything up to ten times the capacity of an arena, meaning more people get to see the band.

Maybe its too difficult logistically for a band of U2's size to do both these days, I don't know, but I think everyone would be happy. I remember reading earlier this year that their was a difference of opinion within the band, Edge & Adam want to do an indoor tour, whilst Larry & Bono want to do a stadium tour.

It would be really amazing if they could do a handful of secret unannounced club gigs during the tour under a pseudonym a la REM as 'Bingo Hand Job'. Maybe one per country.

It will be interesting to see what kind of stage setup Pete Williams and the band come up with. I think the heart was the ultimate/ideal stage setup, but I don't imagine they'd use it again, although I'd be happy if they did :wink:

An in the round show would be very cool, but again, I imagine logistically they can be a total nightmare.

Arena's, Elevation Tour was the first time I'd witnessed them play in arena's and it blew my mind. Although I loved Zoo TV and PopMart and was always down the front, there's just somthing about having a roof over your head that makes it feel more intimate.

As for the record being a big record and being needed to be played in stadiums, I don't agree with that, imagine a big record in a smaller venue, it'd take the roof off!

I still think Europre will get stadiums (boo) and the U.S will get arenas mixed with stadiums on a second leg which no doubt they'll do! (you lucky gits!).

"In the round" arena shows would be cool. I don't think it would be anywhere as complicated as the POP mart tour technically. I know Metallica's current tour is an in theround arena tour.

Should be like Stones last tour.
One stadium show, then one arena show, then one club gig...
That would rock n roll...

First American leg.....ARENAS.
(I loved being close to them during Elevation)

Second American leg....STADIUMS.
(just because they are the last of the stadium rockers...but that depends on the "size" of the new songs too)

I can hear the bomb-bay doors opening!! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom