Pre-Sale Info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
1.) I don't remember how to sign up for the pre-sale passwords (which may be largely useless, but still), as the last tour was now 3 years ago and I've changed my e-mail address and such since then. I signed up for the u2.com newsletter; is that all I need to do?

2.) Is pre-saling even worth it? I tried to do the pre-sale last time, and I still wound up camping out from 4 a.m. on to get the not-so-great tickets I did get.

3.) Has anyone has success on eBay or similar? What is the absolute best way to get the absolute best tickets, assuming that money is no object? (It might be, but then again it might not be.)

1) I believe so - U2.com's records should be fully up to date.
2) It's worth it to be signed up, but last time, things got a bit dodgy. Best to straddle the pre-sale and the absolute beginning of the main sale.
3) I haven't had exp. with eBay in this dept.. Prices go high due to scalping, but you might just get very lucky!!

so let me get this straight, in order to get tickets prior to the
public-sale you must register at u2.com correct?

How CAN you register at U2.com? Since the site was redisigned there isn't much OF a page. There's a grey news page and that's it. No pop-ups "bubbles" for a mailing list, additional info on the band, etc. It's a static, "home page" site. I signed up to get on the mailing list a couple months ago, I had no idea if I even did the right thing.

Help please?

any info on how to register at u2.com would be greatly appreciated ... thanks in advance.

I bought my first Elevation tickets on eBay because I missed the presale (didnt know about it) and ticketmasters. I got nosebleeds, upperdeck seats and paid about $80 for each. They were $45 regular price, thats not that bad, but not great.

U2 Fan Club tix?

HelloAngel said:

I would strongly advise that, yes.

What's up Helloangel?

I was curious if there was any info. regarding fanclub tix for sale, so that avid U2 fans could purchase tix before the general public.

Pearl Jam, for example, has a great system known as the tenclub which fans pay a yearly membership fee that enables them to purchase concert tix prior to the general public sale.

Does U2 or any other outlet have some sort of pre-sale in the works?

Any info. is greatly appreciated,
MBH
NY

JOFO said:
yeah, how do you register there?

I think it's through fanfire.com...b/c I got an email from the U2.com site thru fanfire, then registered with fanfire, and ended up getting two of the same emails. That's my guess.

This presale flat out sucked! I got on about 20 min after it started and clicked best available for the Phily show. The search came back w/ 2 $90 seats in the upper deck!!! There is no way in H@ll there is that many U2.com members in the Phily area. The scalpers got the best seats once again, kids.

I agree w/ the Pearl Jam comment. They run their club on a shoe string, yet their members get a Xmas single every year, sit in front of the stage, and oh by the way, the tix for the Riot Act Tour were mostly under $40.

Back
Top Bottom