Pre-sale Extra Shows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grindstone

The Fly
Why didn't U2 let us fanclub members have first shot at the extra dates?

Another example of us being screwed. I guess I'm not going to be able to see them until the fall leg, and that's if I am lucky.

anyone understand this?

after the mess this week, you would think this would have been handled more professional.

because they're rollover dates, these are shows that only happen if the demand for the first show is there, thats how the business works -- these dates were pre-determined obviously but it all depended on how the initial onsale went

Im sure they could tell demand for these shows was going to be intense, but this is a typical move by all bands and promoters.

excellent point. Find it hard to believe that U2 wouldn't know they would sell out and add other dates, they knew. Well brokers must be absolutely ecstatic, probably having champagne dinners tonight with all the shows for them to scalp.

bonosleftone said:
because they're rollover dates, these are shows that only happen if the demand for the first show is there, thats how the business works -- these dates were pre-determined obviously but it all depended on how the initial onsale went

Im sure they could tell demand for these shows was going to be intense, but this is a typical move by all bands and promoters.

Exactly. That's why Denver #2 wasn't added today... there wasn't enough momentum at 10:30 for a second one to go up. Denver #2 probably will happen, but will be added in the next few weeks, so the advertising can build more momentum

Back
Top Bottom