Praying on an ebay auction, has it come to this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anu

Editor
Staff member
There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you
I saw my first U2 show with my parents in 1984 in Detroit's intimate Fox Theater (capacity 5000-ish). Tickets were $15, and I was 17 when I camped out to get them.

Now I have a chance to see U2 with my folks again, for the first time since Joshua Tree, in Atlanta, on 11-18. And with my wife and my stepson. I have a bid on 5 seats together in two separate auctions.

I know it's sad to spend the kind of money we are willing to put up, but even the hundreds above asking price we are willing to pay may be outbid.

If you have it in your heart, light a candle for this fan and his family and my dream of a three generation get together with Bono, Adam, Edge, Larry, and several thousand of you all.

Anu

HappyFatBono said:

those GA's went that low because the seller did not mention the date, nor the city in the auction title. oops!

the key to getting a good deal on U2 tix on ebay is taking advantage of oversights such as this... try misspellings, etc. to try to find overlooked auctions.

not sure why this auction didn't get more attention though:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6568778146&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

Hey Anu I wouldn't buy them right now. They will drop over the next few weeks. Ther's already been a sharp increase in ebay listings for Atlanta this week. Also, ticketmaster will most likely release some a few days before the show. Just keep an eye on the boards.

Gook luck Anu. Hope it works out for ya!

Anu said:
Will u2 ever play Nashville? Have they ever? I think they played Memphis on PopMart.

Yes, they played Nashville in 1981, and Murfreesboro in 1987.

Prayers answered!!!

So excited to be having 2 x U2 family experiences this year!

Thanks to a successful bid on some *great seats*, Anu, Viva, Ken, Barb, and Shaun will see U2 *sitting together* in Atlanta on 11-18.

The peson I bought from on EBAY is going with his parents, and they'll be sitting next to us!

So 11-18 and 12-14 (in St. Louis with brother and sister in law) are my lucky days this year in 20+ years of serious u2 fandom.

love, Anu

HappyFatBono said:

Man, I was one of the bidders on those seats. I was all ready to steal them for $250-275 at the last minute, but I had plans I couldn't break. It hurt.

I picked up some good seats on ebay though -- 113 row A for face value.

Detroit is an awesome place to be right now unless you're trying to unload tickets. People are begging you to take them off of you. One guy is offering to donate the money to charity even.

Last edited:
of the 6 shows i went to i got tickets from ticketmaster only twice, for both San Diego Shows. My mother and sister got tickets for opening night off ebay and managed to get some for LA II.

and the rehersal was free :drool:

Unfortunately tickets for shows near me are creeping beyond my budget. Scalpers are out of the question and even getting tickets off of eBay is problematic. In cities where there is only one show there is a lot of competition and a pair of tickets I was watching recently closed at $1500. That same night I was able to snag two nice lowers to NIN for $9.99 so I’m happy with that though the reviews of the shows are mixed.

lancerla said:

Man, I was one of the bidders on those seats. I was all ready to steal them for $250-275 at the last minute, but I had plans I couldn't break. It hurt.

I picked up some good seats on ebay though -- 113 row A for face value.

Detroit is an awesome place to be right now unless you're trying to unload tickets. People are begging you to take them off of you. One guy is offering to donate the money to charity even.

AAAAAHHHHHHHGGGGGHHH. *bangs head against wall for planning extremely ill-timed trip to Europe*

I want to go to this show!!!!!!!!

I was almost driven to dish out 5x face value for tickets on e-bay, but I'm so glad I waited! I was shown mercy today... my dad called the toyota center from work, and they had just released additional seats for the Houston show! We scored 4 tickets in section 103 I'm so excited! For anyone else who may be needing Houston tickets... they have released tickets the past couple of days around 2pm/early afternoon. You should periodically check: www.houstontoyotacenter.com

whoo hoo!

Yeah, the beauty of ticketmaster drops. Folks, its been mentioned many times; if you have access to a computer, check often the day or 2 before the show and you can get awesome seats. Radio Stations, Season Ticket holders, etc return them back to Ticketmaster. Don't pay those outlandish prices from the scalpers/brokers. It is not necessary. If you still don't have tickets go to the venue and you will find some seats at a decent price if you are patient.

Back
Top Bottom